Fact or Fiction: Has There Been a More Detailed Shoe Released by JB Since These:

i had these to hoop in and i totally beat it to the floor.
i enjoyed the shoe but i don't know. i could never play with the shroud on it.
when i tried to hoop in them with the shroud i'd end up taking them off because they always felt too tight on my foot.
but overall, these were a great shoe to hoop in and are very underrated.
i wish my dad hadn't sent them to the PI
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

160jordansdeep wrote:

SEND ONE wrote:

160jordansdeep wrote:

i got a deadstock white/red 17's what there going for now
I caught a vnds pair with the case on ebay a couple of months back for less than $55 shipped. But it could have been the presentation cause
I've seen pairs go for about 2 bills.

i have seen the white/red go for more then $330.00 deadstock with case lace locks locks covers and cd

SOMEONE REALLY OVERPAID. GOING RATE IS ABOUT $185 TO $200

You'd be surprised. These are somewhat rare nowadays.

You are not getting a deadstock pair for under $260.

QFT

I did ALLLOOOOT of searchin to finally get these in 10.5..but they fit a tad big for me
wink.gif

The XVII's were definitely a heavy duty shoe. With that said, they were, heavy! I still have my pair that I use as beaters and they've definitely beenbeat on. I never liked the way they fit. I had to get a size 13 to make them acceptable whereas in most J's I wear a size 12.

In response to your thread title: Fiction I'd say the laser Spiz'ike's or the VIII's have way more detail than the XVII's

i love the XVIIs but i found they were too klunky... love the shoe tho, def underrated... i would still play in them... theres def a worse shoe... im notsaying its that bad tho
XX3s are ok but i get blisters...

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

i got a deadstock white/red 17's what there going for now
I caught a vnds pair with the case on ebay a couple of months back for less than $55 shipped. But it could have been the presentation cause I've seen pairs go for about 2 bills.

i have seen the white/red go for more then $330.00 deadstock with case lace locks locks covers and cd

SOMEONE REALLY OVERPAID. GOING RATE IS ABOUT $185 TO $200

You'd be surprised. These are somewhat rare nowadays.

You are not getting a deadstock pair for under $260.

WANNA BET? THERE'S A COLLEGE BLUE DEADSTOCK PAIR IN THE 10.5 BUY/SELL FORUM ON HERE RIGHT NOW FOR $250. JUST COPPED THEM. WILL POST PICS WHEN THEY ARRIVE
pimp.gif

I doubt all the extras were worth anything like what JB actually added to include them... but the XVII was probably the last Jordan i was hyped about when itreleased.

The funny thing is that when it dropped this side of the Atlantic, it was cheaper than in the U.S.
We also got the first colorway a couple of weeks early.

love my stealth xx3s. still have my allstars deadstock but the tongues have gone yellow. so i gotta start wearin em out but the entire white look of em withthe stitchin look so fresh damn! but the 17s look hot all over too. but the 16.5s are on like woah!

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by wagonracer7

Love my DS white and college blue pair. I got everything that came with them, the box around the suitcase, the suitcase, the dvd, and the shoes. I pull em out every now and then just to enjoy their beauty. IMO they're very underrated. Hell it's still got the $200 price tag from Footlocker on the outside box LOL.

Never understood the point of buying a shoe just to look at it. And add to the fact that the XVII's are damn near PERFECT for balling in; you, my friend, are missing out on a great pair of shoes.
I prefer to ball in my 13's or 12's plus keepin' these DS is cool because of all that came with them so I keep em in my collection andwill for many years.

This thread is the singular reason why I am now keeping my (worn very few times) white varsity red XVIIs! =)

17's are crack man, especially with that suitcase box, that was crazy. after that its just been gimmicks from them..lol. I remember the white and red pairsbeing at the Nike outlet around my way for $100. I didn't have the money at the time to get them but I wasn't really pressed on getting them back them.kicking myself now. they came with the suitcase box and they had a full size run. needless to say them things flew off the shelf for that price.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Love my DS white and college blue pair. I got everything that came with them, the box around the suitcase, the suitcase, the dvd, and the shoes. I pull em out every now and then just to enjoy their beauty. IMO they're very underrated. Hell it's still got the $200 price tag from Footlocker on the outside box LOL.

Never understood the point of buying a shoe just to look at it. And add to the fact that the XVII's are damn near PERFECT for balling in; you, my friend, are missing out on a great pair of shoes.
I prefer to ball in my 13's or 12's plus keepin' these DS is cool because of all that came with them so I keep em in my collection and will for many years.

I guess I can understand that. XII's are extremely comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom