Failed NBA Duos

Seeing Grant Hill still playing basketball somehow last night made think of the hype surrounding Orlando when he and T-Mac signed there. Didn't know the severity of Hill's injury at the time but it robbed them of being great. Made me start trying to think of other hyped pairings that either never get a real chance or just flat out failed...
mcgrady-hill.jpg

allen-iverson-larry-hughes.jpg

tired.gif
 Don't get me started on these @@*+##. BTW, did anyone have a stranger career than Larry?

Who else?

You brought out the slander cannons w/ that one 
laugh.gif

But 
tired.gif
laugh.gif
 @ AI and T-Mac being in multiple failed duos.

Sidenote: I honestly didn't think AI/Melo was that bad...unlike Melo/Stat and AI/Anyone Else....they were both still able to get theirs and co-exist. I think if they play anyone but that LA squad in the 1st round they would have made some noise. 

how about the trash Dan Gilbert would bring in for LeBron around trade deadline? has to count, right?
ben-wallace-lebron-james.jpg

jamisonandylbjmdjpg-c45b74ae6bc30db9_large.jpg

Ben Wallace, Antwan Jamison, & Shaq were their best moves for 'Bron. 
tired.gif

tumblr_ln97z3jL1w1qzbw1e.jpg

image.jpg

Not exactly a duo but:

+ Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Edit:

What about this trio?
nba_g_odom-brand01_200.jpg
graphic_rojo24.jpg

29ktdvd.jpg

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sixers Defeat The Nets While Allen Iverson's Streak Ended, Jerry Stackhouse Scored 34.[/h1]
April 17, 1997|By Stephen A. Smith, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Jerry Stackhouse fueled another episode in the Sixers' soap opera season yesterday by saying he was frustrated by mounting losses, exhausted by another arduous, deplorable season, and annoyed at having to watch his backcourt mate hog the ball.

Then Stackhouse went out and poured in 20 of his game-high 34 points in the first quarter, and the Sixers ended their eight-game losing streak with a 113-105 win over the Nets at the Continental Airlines Arena last night.

The win was the Sixers' first since April 1, and also ended a five-game string in which rookie sensation Allen Iverson had scored 40 points or more. He finished with 27.

``That's the way it's supposed to go down,'' said Stackhouse, who shot 9 of 11 in the first quarter. ``We played hard, and we played together. Everyone was involved. That's the only way to win in this league. We did that tonight.''

Stackhouse, who periodically throughout this season displayed his dismay at not getting the ball often enough, voiced his frustration over Iverson's 40-plus pursuits earlier in the week.

Stackhouse said he deserved to touch the ball more, that his point guard needed to get it to him. ``If I'm open, I want the ball, too,'' Stackhouse said.

So last night, Iverson responded by feeding Stackhouse. Stackhouse rewarded him with a few threes and about four slams, lifting the Sixers to a 52-43 halftime lead. Stackhouse had 23 points at that point; Iverson had 15 points with six assists.

``We were looking like the great backcourt we're capable of being,'' Iverson said. ``I don't think anyone will be able to stop us once we gel together. I really don't.''

Iverson was carried off with 8:07 left in the third quarter after Kendall Gill rolled over on an ankle, but went back into the game about three minutes later.

After a back-and-forth third quarter ended with the Sixers up by 84-73, the Nets (24-56) began the fourth with a 10-3 run, scoring seven straight to pull within 90-83 with 8 minutes, 52 seconds remaining. But four key jumpers by Clarence Weatherspoon (21 points, 13 boards) and key free throws by Mark Davis (24 points) held New Jersey off.

The Sixers (22-58) ended the game with four starters scoring over 20 points, and Iverson finished with 11 assists. So it was enough to shut everyone up - for one day. But Iverson said anyone would be lucky to hear from him once this season's over.

``I'm glad I didn't score that much tonight,'' said Iverson, perturbed by all the negative publicity surrounding his 40-point efforts, as well as the Stackhouse controversy.

``To me, that's the outline of this whole year. Everything I've tried to do positive has been turned into something negative. People were tearing me down before because of things they don't even know about me. Now it's the rookie-of-the-year thing.

``I'm just tired, man. On the basketball court, I was all right. Off the court, it's worn on me. So I'm kind of glad this season is about over. I've got my first year under my belt. Now I can let you guys dog somebody else in the playoffs and leave me alone.''

He still has two games left. Two games to play with Stackhouse, whom Iverson ``hopes will be my backcourt mate for years to come,'' despite what Stackhouse said. And after last night's effort, Stackhouse wasn't in an apologetic mood.

``That's the only way you can do it,'' said Stackhouse. ``You've got to play basketball. Playing hard and good is the only way to dispel everything else. I'm a basketball player.

``As the captain of this team, if I see something that I feel isn't right, then I'm going to speak up and say something about it. That's what I did.''

garnett and marbury... dwill and boozer, b.roy and lma.... nash and dirk...

Back
Top Bottom