Failed NBA Duos

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

A lot of y'all don't know the definition of failure, y'all just posting any duo that didn't win a championship

This.

LeBron, Wade, and Bosh will soon hit this thread...(I'll just wait for it)

Best Failed Duo has to be:
arton46932.jpg

+

amd_zach-randolph.jpg

Especially after hearing this over the summer:

AI and Cwebb.
i remember the hype when AI "finally" had a big man and playing with another star. Failed miserably
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

i want to put shaq and kobe on here...i know they won 3 championships...but as a Laker fan, you feel like had they both toned it down/made it work/liked each other, they couldve done so much more.

thoughts?

Does failed mean not winning a ring?
Wouldn't consider Stockton/Malone, Payton/Kemp, or Penny/Shaq failed duos.

Originally Posted by MBen32

how about the trash Dan Gilbert would bring in for LeBron around trade deadline? has to count, right?
ben-wallace-lebron-james.jpg

jamisonandylbjmdjpg-c45b74ae6bc30db9_large.jpg

Ben Wallace, Antwan Jamison, & Shaq were their best moves for 'Bron. 
tired.gif
Son...they couldve had Amare but they didnt wanna give up Hickson
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

how is that Yao/Tmac a failed duo? One was always healthy when the other wasn't. Together they were
pimp.gif
They were never "
pimp.gif
".

Dudes were up 2-0 vs dallas and still loss.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Actually they were 
pimp.gif
 in the very rare teams they were both healthy. Add in the other guys they had in 08/09, 
you had a squad that was 1 game from the Conference Finals. Then the usual injuries killed them off.

Originally Posted by frink85

i want to put shaq and kobe on here...i know they won 3 championships...but as a Laker fan, you feel like had they both toned it down/made it work/liked each other, they couldve done so much more.

thoughts?

I don't think you say that duo failed, with the 3 rings they have.
But I do agree that they didn't accomplish as much as they could have. It would have been interesting to see how many championships they could've won had they been able to co-exist.

raps_gal_640.jpg

nba-hornets-paulx-large.jpg

laugh.gif
at Toronto and New Orleans' management offices thinking Jarrett Jack was going to help retain their respective Chris'.

Ewing Oakley Stockton Malome Shaq Penny Should not be in this thread
I don't even think Webber/ Howard or Carter/ McGrady belong here, The did win a ring but they played there best ball together.

But how could this find a way to this thread:
280838_display_image.jpg

How did they fail they won 3 ring together smh.
------------------
Hall-of-Famers-Barkley-Rodman-Pippen.jpg

^Now these are failed duos, I would even go for this
50826785_display_image.jpg

I think alot of ya'll are confusing the word "FAILED" and not winning it all ....

No way is Shaq and Penny a FAILED duo.
No way is J.Kidd squad in NJ a FAILED duo.
No way is Karl and Stockton a FAILED duo.

T-Mac and Carter.... they only played 2 season together.... Vince was a rookie one of those, t-mac was only a sophomore..

Originally Posted by JHes91

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Going back on what dukehead said, some these are not that bad though. The nets went to two NBA finals with pretty much those guys (Replace Canada TMAC and KVH with RJ and Collins/Mutombo year two)

Don't really call them a failed duo/group.
I call it a fail because all they needed was one person who could create for themselves and they might have won one
Jason Kidd made everyone so much better easily one of the most underrated players of our generation 

AI had way more fans and hype than Kidd (and it hurts me to say this) but Kidd was better

2mmv502.jpg

So how are they a failed group if they were "missing that one " .... you mean a group that we're incomplete?

Back
Top Bottom