Failure Vol. How Bad Did It Feel?

So long story short, I worked hard on my very first short film and ended up getting ahead of myself. I joined a big film festival in Sydney Australia (in hopes of being able to fly there for free to finally be with my girl) and sadly I wasn't chosen as a finalist. I'm sure some of you guys saw some of the film a while back but I ended up changing a lot of things. Here's the final project if you guys are willing to watch an amateur film by a fellow NT'er. feel free to criticize and stuff 
ohwell.gif

So I ask you NT, have you ever worked so hard for something but only to be rejected and told "you weren't good enough"

Originally Posted by hotshots24

So I ask you NT, have you ever worked so hard for something but only to be rejected and told "you weren't good enough"

with school, i cry every day. thats how bad it feels son god

Was the festival Tropfest OP?

If so, I wouldn't sweat it. A lot of those "amateur" films that are chosen for it are actually $50,000 short films that are made by students of top flight film schools around Australia. Maybe enter it into some of your local film festivals to cut your teeth.

Basically I'm saying don't give up on your dream, just because you "failed", it'll make you better at your craft and a stronger person in the long run.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Was the festival Tropfest OP?

If so, I wouldn't sweat it. A lot of those "amateur" films that are chosen for it are actually $50,000 short films that are made by students of top flight film schools around Australia. Maybe enter it into some of your local film festivals to cut your teeth.

Basically I'm saying don't give up on your dream, just because you "failed", it'll make you better at your craft and a stronger person in the long run.

yeah it was tropfest...the only reason i joined the Sydney one was because my girl lives there and i just really want to see her 
ohwell.gif
 but yea... still trying to learn how to join smaller festivals. thanks!

Failure is progress. When you're a success, you'll always look back at this as your turning point. This is a blessing.

Originally Posted by megatron

Originally Posted by hotshots24

with school, i cry every day. thats how bad it feels son god
school system is one of the worst things about this country. so man brilliant minds go to waste every year because the struggle to learn that certain way

Guy above me already posted it, but think of how many times Jordan failed, or even Bill Gates. Trust me, failure will only make you work harder.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

“I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't workâ€

We've all failed hard op. its just a way of paying your dues, and it makes your story that much better.

As far as the film goes, good camera angles and the score set the tone nicely. The pace was pretty good too. The storyline was eh. Couldve gotten a little deeper. Best actors were the main character and the girls that sold him the back massager. Also if youre serious about this film stuff, invest in a better camera.

Good job following through, thats an accomplishment itself. Keep at it, itll be tough but Im sure itll be worth it.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

We've all failed hard op. its just a way of paying your dues, and it makes your story that much better.

As far as the film goes, good camera angles and the score set the tone nicely. The pace was pretty good too. The storyline was eh. Couldve gotten a little deeper. Best actors were the main character and the girls that sold him the back massager. Also if youre serious about this film stuff, invest in a better camera.

Good job following through, thats an accomplishment itself. Keep at it, itll be tough but Im sure itll be worth it.
This really meant a lot to me 
embarassed.gif
 thank you

Yes, and it hurts. The only thing that matters is how you recover from it. Learn from your mistakes, work on your technique. You'll only get better. Nothing's easy (zaza)

Back
Top Bottom