FAKES EVERYWHERE!

with the onset of all of the super fakes on the market.. 

just wondering -  how long until 3m is replicated? could it be ? 

3m is a product.. not something only NIKE/JB uses.. 3m has been on fakes for years bro.. They don't have to replicate it, they just buy it like everyone else.

i guess the main thought was that the 3M was too expensive for replicators to add to fake kicks.  / is the 3m on the replica shoes the same 3m or is there a fake 3m too ? 

thanks for the answers.  curious is all. 

From my quick search, no, doesn't seem like there are fake futures yet. All the ones on the market where many GM's are sold are still fairly priced and the few popular GM sites I looked at don't have it yet.

3m on reps/GM's are usually not as reflective as the ones on the authentics.

thanks. 

god i hate the seahawks..   they are good though.  wilson is steve youngesque 

thanks. 

god i hate the seahawks..   they are good though.  wilson is steve youngesque 
Yea usually it has issues as stated above.. 3M and carbon fiber is fairly cheap these days.. super fakes won't use it bc of costs. However the GM replicas or higher quality replicas will use "true-esque" materials to help sell the illusion and rake in higher profits.

This is definitely a thread that needed to be started. Tons of fakes out there today and tons of folks biying them and not even knowing theyre shoes are fake.

this is probably getting locked, we had a GM thread that got locked

this is probably getting locked, we had a GM thread that got locked
Why would they lock it?

because we arent supposed to talk about fakes

especially if this thread is open for awhile it expands to people wanting to know sites and thus people will purchase them so pretty much its letting people buy fakes and condoning them which NT does NOT do.

thats why the last thread got ruined. too many people posting sites and info and other members and lurkers were pretty much going and buying fakes whether they admit it or not.

thats weird.. im new to NT - but i dont see why this thread would get shut down.  but if it does then it happens i guess. 

anyone else notice that there is a flood of super icy space james and cool greys?   they're easier to spot because of the icyness.. but what about bred 11's ?   it doesn't seem to be a flood of DS breds the way there are spacejams/concords/cool greys.. i dont think anyways, but, i would imagine that those would be impossible to differentiate.. its a pretty bad/scary/realistic situation actually..  doubt i'll be copping any more elevens.  Retros became pricier than OG's and now fakes are getting pricier than anything else.  the J game is gettin wrecked! 

thats weird.. im new to NT - but i dont see why this thread would get shut down.  but if it does then it happens i guess. 

anyone else notice that there is a flood of super icy space james and cool greys?   they're easier to spot because of the icyness.. but what about bred 11's ?   it doesn't seem to be a flood of DS breds the way there are spacejams/concords/cool greys.. i dont think anyways, but, i would imagine that those would be impossible to differentiate.. its a pretty bad/scary/realistic situation actually..  doubt i'll be copping any more elevens.  Retros became pricier than OG's and now fakes are getting pricier than anything else.  the J game is gettin wrecked! 
the J game has BEEN wrecked since about 09' fam.. As for the Breds, they have their tells as well.. we spot them everyday. No icey sole but as sloppy as the next GM..

Last edited:
LOL, would anyone even spot fakes outside unless they actually EXAMINED the shoe? People could get away with it, no problem.

LOL, would anyone even spot fakes outside unless they actually EXAMINED the shoe? People could get away with it, no problem.
hell yeah dude.. Once your eye is trained to the obvious tells you can see them joints 3 blocks away..peeps are only fooling themselves when they think they can rock fakes and no one's gonna notice. Yea your girl, or your homies may not notice however a true head will know hands down.

Last edited:
hell yeah dude.. Once your eye is trained to the obvious tells you can see them joints 3 blocks away..peeps are only fooling themselves when they think they can rock fakes and no one's gonna notice. Yea your girl, or your homies may not notice however a true head will know hands down.
Man I remember wearing fake uptowns and no one knew (not even me). I was wondering why they were so cheap in those "hood stores". 

I guess Jordans are different, though lol. I wouldn't know unless it was some off brand color.... Like some damn Jamaican colors and what not

Man I remember wearing fake uptowns and no one knew (not even me). I was wondering why they were so cheap in those "hood stores". 

I guess Jordans are different, though lol. I wouldn't know unless it was some off brand color.... Like some damn Jamaican colors and what not
I'd bet the bank some people noticed.. I mean It's not like someone is gonna run up on you pointing at your feet hollering FAKE KICKS or anything.. They don't have to be sponge fakes of old for cats to tell..ALL fakes have tells you just have to know what to look for..

Let's put it like this.. If your like most of us you could probably pick your girl out of a crowd. You know her shape her tendencies Etc. Etc. Your eyes have been trained to this without you even realizing it.. Same for kicks.. When you have seen enough legit pairs over the years the little things that most people miss...JUMP OUT at you..

I'd bet the bank some people noticed.. I mean It's not like someone is gonna run up on you pointing at your feet hollering FAKE KICKS or anything.. They don't have to be sponge fakes of old for cats to tell..ALL fakes have tells you just have to know what to look for..

Let's put it like this.. If your like most of us you could probably pick your girl out of a crowd. You know her shape her tendencies Etc. Etc. Your eyes have been trained to this without you even realizing it.. Same for kicks.. When you have seen enough legit pairs over the years the little things that most people miss...JUMP OUT at you..
I feel you.

this reminds me of Louie Vutton (i think the story goes..)-  that some people in South Korea were making such good perfect replicas of their products that LV ended up having to buy their company/factories  

I feel you.
If your just getting started, the best advise I could give you is check out the GM thread ill post the link..Also any other videos and posts etc. online before you buy anything else online..Its a minefield honestly these days..UNLESS it's from like FTL on Nike.com etc. or another well known source.. Try and do as much HW as you can ESPECIALLY on pairs your interested in.. Also ALWAYS legit check them here BEFORE you pay if your the least bit unsure of authenticity..

http://niketalk.com/t/533947/grey-m...ure-rules-on-pg-1-please-read-before-you-post
In closing Welcome to NT bro.. Please remember to rep the guys who help you out here or who you feel deserve it.. It's the little green thumbs up on our comment box's..take care.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom