Fan loyalty

For those who state they stick with their teams no matter what, let me ask you this: Hypothetically, Is there ANYTHING those teams could do to start chipping away at that? Or are all bets off.

Team would have to move. That's it.

And if your hometown has no team....?

Or if you move cities, what's the cutoff age to be 'ok' to switch?

I'm always going to be an A's fan first and only an A's fan, but after living in LA I can't deny I have love for the Dodgers and like to see them do well. Is that against the rules?

If your hometown has no team then you are free to root for whoever

If you move to a new city and you may become a fan of that team

Its suspect though

For those who state they stick with their teams no matter what, let me ask you this: Hypothetically, Is there ANYTHING those teams could do to start chipping away at that? Or are all bets off.
Not a thing.

Its suspect though
What if that team moves? Being from Jersey when the Nets moved I saw a bunch of people who just jumped ship. "Theyre no longer a New Jersey team". That is a clown move. Location doesnt erase franchise history.

Its suspect though

Final Q, what's the local radius for a team? How far away can you be so you are free to choose whomever? I would have liked to been a free agent for fandom

Its suspect though

Final Q, what's the local radius for a team? How far away can you be so you are free to choose whomever? I would have liked to been a free agent for fandom

Probably 90 miles

Case by case basis

I just dont like people who live in a city and actively root for a successful team in another city that they have no association with

Last edited:
Generally there is a reason, it is just unknown. For example if my kid cheers for Pitt but we don't move from Cincy, I'm sure it will confuse his peers

Maybe it's like being in an abusive relationship for some.

i've made many excuses lately :lol:

yeah he's a politician but holding up the Giants trophy at the Superbowl and then jumping around at a Cowboy game like a fat girl at a Golden Coral :smh:

wearing the same orange sweater years later too :lol:

View media item 1343507

put that Sanchez jersey down ... no respect

My fandom is intense but weird at the same time. My teams all mean something to me becuase they where obtained when i first got into there respective sport.

But if my team suck, then i follow other good teams that either i enjoy there style of play or like a specific player. Im still a fan of my original team but i also want to be entertained. And that rooting for the hometown thing is a wash. you like who you like as long as you stay for the bad and the good.  

I've grown up as a Phoenix Suns fan and an Arizona Cardinals fan. Both teams have been on the cusp of winning a championship only to choke or **** it all up one way or another. But being that I grew up here its in my blood to be a fan.

I can only be a fan of a team that's local so my connection and loyalty with the team goes beyond sports, it's civic pride.

Best way for me to describe fan loyalty. I take pride in supporting Charlotte area teams, especially with so many transplants in this city. Somebody has to support the local teams and I'll be one of them.

Back
Top Bottom