fashion school?

You mean school for fashion design? Like Parsons and FIT?
I wanted to apply for undergrad, but my portfolio wasn't big enough. Yet I'm still considering Parsons for grad school in fashion design and society.

Last edited:
It depends what field you want to pursue, I wouldn't go to a fashion school for a product design (sneaker design) degree due to it sort of locks you in a the fashion field. My cousin attends FIT and if you are in to having your own small high end clothing boutique that is the school but other Than that, you are really better off going to RISDA Ohio State VT GT and other big time tech schools like NJIT

You mean school for fashion design? Like Parsons and FIT?
I wanted to apply for undergrad, but my portfolio wasn't big enough. Yet I'm still considering Parsons for grad school in fashion design and society.

yeah. I was looking into FIT for their marketing & advertising program. I want to know how long they usually take to complete and how time consuming their programs are.

It depends what field you want to pursue, I wouldn't go to a fashion school for a product design (sneaker design) degree due to it sort of locks you in a the fashion field. My cousin attends FIT and if you are in to having your own small high end clothing boutique that is the school but other Than that, you are really better off going to RISDA Ohio State VT GT and other big time tech schools like NJIT
Solid advice right here

yeah. I was looking into FIT for their marketing & advertising program. I want to know how long they usually take to complete and how time consuming their programs are.

Not so sure but I don't see it being any longer than regular programs (I don't know anyone at FIT and can't speak for their program). Honestly, for marketing & advertising I'd go to a really good business school. Like people with an interest in becoming a fashion editor usually go to school for just journalism and incorporate fashion into their writings and work their way into that field.

It's up to you and what you want to do with it afterwards. A fashion degree can really pigeon hole you into a certain position and it's EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE because there's like 10-20 job openings...for everyone.

Last edited:
I can see this just leading to massive loan debt in a very hard field to even get into with degree

I think al the programs are split into two and two, so it would take you four years but you get all your field information the last two years

i wanted to attend after HS, but my parents didnt like the idea.

so now i wanna go after college.. info def appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom