Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

I never watch Fast and the Furious for the villain.. I watch it for the crew. So I don't really mind if the villain in 5 is weaker. And the Dom and Letty stuff is honestly awful. It makes me roll my eyes and that says a lot for this series. 6 gets points for the airplane scene because that was absurd.. but overall Fast Five is just a lot more fun than 6. It's not a fault o the movie, but they tried to make things bigger and badder, so that's why you have this overly intense villain and the double crosses and all that.. it's still entertaining and one of the better ones out of the series.. but it really can't match the fun and style of Fast Five.

I'm a fan of the craziness of the series.. but I can't put the best movie of the series as the one where Dom ******* caught Letty mid-air after crashing a car. Nope, not going to happen.

Dragging a bank vault through a city >>>> Dom literally being superman

And I feel like we'd all agree the original The Fast and the Furious is amazing.. but it doesn't match the absurdity of the later movies. I think I had it as my favorite for awhile until I admitted Fast Five got the edge. Actually, no.. they're equal.

Now I see why they found a role for him. I like what he had to say.

From Scott Eastwoods Instagram:

"scotteastwoodIt's hard to put into words how excited I am for the next Fast & Furious. To me, the series is so much more than just a franchise. It’s a legacy. These great actors who have been in it together for so long have become a family. I absolutely can’t wait to join it.

Now I can’t say too much, but I get to play a new character who operates under Kurt Russell in the movie, which is incredible, because Kurt was a total childhood hero of mine growing up. Very much looking forward to learning a thing or two from such an original and cool guy.

Paul was a close friend of mine. We surfed together, traveled together, and he was a huge role model and influencing figure in my life when I was younger. He still is. He was an older brother to me. For me to be able to add to the F&F story, Paul’s story, and the FAST family is like a dream come true.

Gary Gray and Neal Moritz - I can’t wait to get started and dive in. Vin - thank you for the support and the insight. Paul - I am going to make you proud.
#F8"

Last edited:
This will always be my favorite F&F car. What makes it even more special is that this scene is what taught me to drive stick. Srs

Now I see why they found a role for him. I like what he had to say.

From Scott Eastwoods Instagram:

"scotteastwoodIt's hard to put into words how excited I am for the next Fast & Furious. To me, the series is so much more than just a franchise. It’s a legacy. These great actors who have been in it together for so long have become a family. I absolutely can’t wait to join it.

Now I can’t say too much, but I get to play a new character who operates under Kurt Russell in the movie, which is incredible, because Kurt was a total childhood hero of mine growing up. Very much looking forward to learning a thing or two from such an original and cool guy.

Paul was a close friend of mine. We surfed together, traveled together, and he was a huge role model and influencing figure in my life when I was younger. He still is. He was an older brother to me. For me to be able to add to the F&F story, Paul’s story, and the FAST family is like a dream come true.

Gary Gray and Neal Moritz - I can’t wait to get started and dive in. Vin - thank you for the support and the insight. Paul - I am going to make you proud.
#F8"

Hmmm, there could be something to this, keeps w/ the theme if him and PW relationship is true, even plays the whole "little brother" thing we mentioned :lol:

Letty's Jensen Interceptor is heavily slept on.
I had to research this car because I had no idea what it was after watching the movie in the theater.  I assumed it was a Datsun Z on screen but I was wrong.  This car is heavily slept on.

I had no idea that Scott Eastwood and Paul Walker were so close.. it's dumb but reading that this role is actually a big deal to him makes it even cooler.

I'm on board.

I'm also drinking at 3pm on a Wednesday so maybe that's why too.. but that's not the point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea that Scott Eastwood and Paul Walker were so close.. it's dumb but reading that this role is actually a big deal to him makes it even cooler.

I'm on board.

I'm also drinking at 3pm on a Wednesday so maybe that's why too.. but that's not the point.

Just had 2 shots of patron on my lunch break man. I'm with you. Lol. As for the series, one of my all-time favorites and excited to see what's in store.

1zl6ir5.gif

The Fast and the Furious came out 15 years ago bruhs. FIFTEEN. Kobe was only 5 years into his career and Bron was still shooting hoops at SVSM. Crazy how time passes.

Scott Eastwood :pimp:

I am a fan of the addition already

It's hard to put into words how excited I am for the next Fast & Furious. To me, the series is so much more than just a franchise. It’s a legacy. These great actors who have been in it together for so long have become a family. I absolutely can’t wait to join it. Now I can’t say too much, but I get to play a new character who operates under Kurt Russell in the movie, which is incredible, because Kurt was a total childhood hero of mine growing up. Very much looking forward to learning a thing or two from such an original and cool guy. Paul was a close friend of mine. We surfed together, traveled together, and he was a huge role model and influencing figure in my life when I was younger. He still is. He was an older brother to me. For me to be able to add to the F&F story, Paul’s story, and the FAST family is like a dream come true. Gary Gray and Neal Moritz - I can’t wait to get started and dive in. Vin - thank you for the support and the insight. Paul - I am going to make you proud. #F8

Last edited:
Scott Eastwood :pimp:

I am a fan of the addition already

:pimp:
This statement just guaranteed I will continue the tradition of seeing these movies day 1 in theaters. I'm hyped just off of that! Glad they got someone that knows and understands what to bring to these movies, it also helps he knew paul . Loved what he wrote about how it's their legacy because it really is that. I've always said the greatest decision Vin ever made was to come back with Paul and the entire cast and keep this going.
seriously can't wait

The Veilside RX-7 is a close #2 but I'll go with

View media item 1992154
View media item 1992155
:pimp:

I went to Universal Studios about 11 years ago and they had one of the Skylines (one of the stunt cars) used from 2F2F out on display. Car of course was in poor condition. While taking the park tour, they had a couple of the other cars from that movie out back as well. Sad I don't have the pic I took next to the car anymore.

Last edited:
With 1 and 5 being mentioned as the best, 8 may be good too. The first of different sagas start off with a bang.

Back
Top Bottom