Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

Is it also established who is the better driver at the end of it all? Dom or Brian?

Dom seems like a more street smart driver. Brian is more tactical, but it's made very clear that he's near/at Dom's level.

Last edited:
I should've said "plan to attend" :lol:. Lines for these advanced screenings are no joke, its free so people come out of the woodworks and start to look like the out of control limited sneaker releases.

Also the folks running it can be selective at times, so even if you have a good spot in line you won't always get in.

Regardless of all that though, I did see the flick...

Last edited:
I saw it at the Pacific Theater in Winnetka (818).

My expectations for F8 weren't as high as my curiosity was for the film. Mainly because it's hard to fathom these movies without PW, minus Tokyo Drift of course. And where else could they possibly take this franchise...?

Man, this was a superb action movie and a worthy entry in the series most definitely.

The thought on everyone's minds is what the hell could turn Dom against his family for...man they totally did it with that one. In a good way. Just the angle it came from, we didn't see it coming, you won't either. And it's not cheesy, promise.

Hobbs and Dekkard Shaw banter was A1, golden lines shared between those guys. Prison scene was bonkers.

Supporting cast same ole', Tyrese brought the goods, Luda whatevever, Nathalie Emmanuel was nice to look at, Letty was ok in this one, Kurt Russell was in it quite a bit and Scott Eastwood got a lot of burn, atleast more than he did in Suicide Squad.

Car selection was cool, nothing that got me drooling over, but the stuff done with them was very cool, some things we haven't seen yet in these movies believe it or not.

Charlize, was a very good villian, an actual villian. They gave her some good stuff to work with.

F. Gary Gray was in the building, sat dead center under the projector. He threw in a reference from "Friday" (which he directed), feel like I was the only one who caught it. He also directed Charlize and Statham in the "Italian Job" and the Rock in "Be Cool".

Also the whole NYC thing should be taken lightly, this is more of a globetrotting flick like the last one.

Couple unexpected surprises. Not meaning to get any hopes up, but they're fun.

Couple gripes but I'll get into that when you guys see it.

Had a great time, watched it with my closest buddies. I'll chime in some more soon.

Last edited:
WOKyq6wm2d-in.gif

I saw it at the Pacific Theater in Winnetka (818).

My expectations for F8 weren't as high as my curiosity was for the film. Mainly because it's hard to fathom these movies without PW, minus Tokyo Drift of course. And where else could they possibly take this franchise...?

Man, this was a superb action movie and a worthy entry in the series most definitely.

The thought on everyone's minds is what the hell could turn Dom against his family for...man they totally did it with that one. In a good way. Just the angle it came from, we didn't see it coming, you won't either. And it's not cheesy, promise.

Hobbs and Dekkard Shaw banter was A1, golden lines shared between those guys. Prison scene was bonkers.

Supporting cast same ole', Tyrese brought the goods, Luda whatevever, Nathalie Emmanuel was nice to look at, Letty was ok in this one, Kurt Russell was in it quite a bit and Scott Eastwood got a lot of burn, atleast more than he did in Suicide Squad.

Car selection was cool, nothing that got me drooling over, but the stuff done with them was very cool, some things we haven't seen yet in these movies believe it or not.

Charlize, was a very good villian, an actual villian. They gave her some good stuff to work with.

F. Gary Gray was in the building, sat dead center under the projector. He threw in a reference from "Friday" (which he directed), feel like I was the only one who caught it. He also directed Charlize and Statham in the "Italian Job" and the Rock in "Be Cool".

Also the whole NYC thing should be taken lightly, this is more of a globetrotting flick like the last one.

Couple unexpected surprises. Not meaning to get any hopes up, but they're fun.

Couple gripes but I'll get into that when you guys see it.

Had a great time, watched it with my closest buddies. I'll chime in some more soon.
Very nice.

Did F8 set up FF9 well?

Last edited:
Didn't even know they started screenings for this. Gon miss out anyway unless the wife says she doesn't care since PW isn't in it. Still don't feel right.

Very nice.

Did F8 set up FF9 well?

Yes and no, we'll discuss down the line.

Didn't even know they started screenings for this. Gon miss out anyway unless the wife says she doesn't care since PW isn't in it. Still don't feel right.

That was my sentiment going in as well, but they put together a good enough story to keep you engaged. Since 8 was announced, we saw it as a cash grab, which it will be.

I'm telling you guys though, I'm just a big a fan as you guys in here, same concerns and everything. But they made a good enough entry to where you're not going to wonder where Brian is at and be able to focus on the characters presented on screen. F. Gary Gray put in the work man, this was like the Italian Job sequel he never got to make :lol:

It was cool too because the production team attended the screening as well, they got the last few rows towards the top/back of the theater.

Last edited:
Can we get a spoiler version.. please

Don't give a shht about spoilers.. I'm watching regardless

I don't know guys, I don't wanna light this thread up like I did with the Power Ranger one :wow:

Last edited:
Is it also established who is the better driver at the end of it all? Dom or Brian?

Dom seems like a more street smart driver. Brian is more tactical, but it's made very clear that he's near/at Dom's level.

Talkin movie wise right lol? Cause dom didnt know how to drive a stick b4 this franchise

What was the runtime of the film?
VERY EARLY QUESTION, how do you rank this one among the new films(I guess starting with the 4th)

Man based on your review my first inkling to stay away from spoilers and mainly the reason why Dom turned is holding true, I def need that shock factor, not watching the next trailer if there is one

Back
Top Bottom