Fat Joe inteview on DJ green lantern (u know fat joe gives great interviews)

Have these unreleased Fat Joe X Notorious tracks ever been released? first time I've heard of them actually working together.

I think only Em would be able to mess with Pun. I love Biggie, Pac, Rakim, etc. but when it comes to wordplay, lyricism, and breathe control I think only Emhas been able to do it so smoothly.

I prefer Eminem's flow over Puns and Lupe's wordplay over Puns. Def not taking anything away from him though...he truly was a great MC with anincredible flow.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

To be honest Big Pun > Notorious
da only reason i wont say that is that biggie had 2 classic albums since he was alive longer.....but pun can rap circles around biggie..and hewasn't afraid to be funny.

379185117_a321b077ea.jpg

Man Biggie was such a one dimensional rapper. And the Pun > Biggie line is just my opinion.

and you said Pun isn't one of the greatest in anything..your opinion VOID

Originally Posted by ninjahood

da only reason i wont say that is that biggie had 2 classic albums since he was alive longer.....but pun can rap circles around biggie..and he wasn't afraid to be funny.
+100% The wordplay and breath control for a dude of his size is still unmatched till this day.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by mossman75

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

i understand joe was pun's best friend but anyone talking about pun is the greatest anything is lying to themselves. be real.
alien.gif
roll.gif

who do u jock these days????

Greatest flow, wordplay, breathe control, delivery... like who's better????

Big made better Commerical songs with street "even tho he didnt want to and puff forced him"

Pac made wayyyyy more commerical songs as well and was just deeeeep as hell

Em was more famous

But did they have a better flow, word play, breathe control, delivery???? i dont think so honestly..
pimp.gif
Aint taking nothing away from Pun but...

Kool G. Rap
Rakim
Pharoahe Monch
Big Daddy Kane

Just to name a few

^ fixed
wink.gif

Believe Me if Pun & Monch ever had did a song together i would bet my money on Monch to come out the victor

Man Biggie was such a one dimensional rapper.
And Pun wasn't?

Pun's whole shtick mirrors Biggie up to their deaths. Only difference is Pun's 2nd album wasn't that good.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

And Pun wasn't?

Pun's whole shtick mirrors Biggie up to their deaths. Only difference is Pun's 2nd album wasn't that good.
pun spoke spanish, so he had a whole arsenal of words biggie didn't have access to...so i dunno how u say one is a mirror image of anotherone. flows totally different too.

And Pun wasn't?

pun spoke spanish, so he had a whole arsenal of words biggie didn't have access to...so i dunno how u say one is a mirror image of another one. flows totally different too.
laugh.gif
I said his whole shtick, his whole fat playa don gangstashh Biggie already done. Biggie birthed that for all fat @%*$$+ in the game. I aint say nothing about flows. What does speaking Spanish have to do with this?What you mean a whole arsenal of words? How many spanish words can't be translated to English? How many Spanish rap albums Pun got?

Real talk there was no reason to even bring Big up in this thread. I be feeling dudes be saying _____ > Big just to feel good that they think that.

Before this thread gets any further off track Fat Joe only talking about the past in his interviews is just
laugh.gif
. Dude career is basically done. yea he can tell a story about Pun or DITC butlets be serious, he wasn't no factor in DITC. When was Joe ever spitting flames? Trying to turn this in to a Pun thread just cuz Joe can't stand on hisown.

^u act like Joes a new artist that flopped. He's been in the game 15yrs. Not too many rappers can do that. Mostly likely the rapper ur stanin won't bein the game half that time. Only a handful in the class and Joes there. U actually think that DITC would have let him be a part of that if he didn't spitflames?? Be serious

And Pun wasn't?

pun spoke spanish, so he had a whole arsenal of words biggie didn't have access to...so i dunno how u say one is a mirror image of another one. flows totally different too.
laugh.gif
I said his whole shtick, his whole fat playa don gangsta shh Biggie already done. Biggie birthed that for all fat @%*$$+ in the game. I aint say nothing about flows. What does speaking Spanish have to do with this? What you mean a whole arsenal of words? How many spanish words can't be translated to English? How many Spanish rap albums Pun got?

Real talk there was no reason to even bring Big up in this thread. I be feeling dudes be saying _____ > Big just to feel good that they think that.

Before this thread gets any further off track Fat Joe only talking about the past in his interviews is just
laugh.gif
. Dude career is basically done. yea he can tell a story about Pun or DITC but lets be serious, he wasn't no factor in DITC. When was Joe ever spitting flames? Trying to turn this in to a Pun thread just cuz Joe can't stand on his own.
You either buggin or very young...although I'm not feeling his new stuff, Joe was nice.

Originally Posted by sneaktrix

^u act like Joes a new artist that flopped. He's been in the game 15yrs. Not too many rappers can do that. Mostly likely the rapper ur stanin won't be in the game half that time. Only a handful in the class and Joes there. U actually think that DITC would have let him be a part of that if he didn't spit flames?? Be serious
That isn't done over here. Don't know why you'd assume that. Why you acting like the game is even the same for new school rappers thatmake good music to last that long and still be relevant? I could name a bunch underground dudes tho. Also no I'm not acting like he's a new artist andI aint knocking his tenure in the game but has he been good the last 5 years? The title alone is laughable like it's really the only thing homey got left.Stories.

Dude aint better than anyone in DITC btw.
You either buggin or very young...although I'm not feeling his new stuff, Joe was nice.

Spittin flames on the level of whom? Like shh he was writing? How he got so whack now from J.O.S.E. tonow?
gotta b young....
You know it's funny about this cuz I like Joe's earlier work. Solid stuff but c'mon dude not even top 100.

Where does dude rank in DITC for yall? Talkin like son was out rhyming anyone.

Kurious >>>>>>> Fat Joe. Wish he was still around or the Beatnuts, hell even Cuban Links

Spittin flames on the level of whom? Like shh he was writing? How he got so whack now from J.O.S.E. to now?
Cause Pun died the year before.

I still mess with his first 3 records, dope albums, but let's not try and act like he was some force to be reckoned with. Dudes dont have to "spitflames" to make good/entertaining albums.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

LOL. Not a chance in hell.

100% Truth.
He's been in the game 15yrs

Yeah but he should have only lasted 5-7 years.

Yea ppl talk about his long tenure in the game etc but out of those 15 yrs etc only and im being leniant, he was hot possibly a 3rd of that time. If you gonnasay some1 hot etc just based of yrs we might as well say 2short is one of the greatest artist of all time seeing he came out in 83(btw his first 12 albums allwent platinum). And big and pun werent they first to do it. 8ball was doing the playa fat mack gangsta rap late 80's b4 any one of them was even heard ofor even artist. Another thing is how ppl place artist on a plateau becuase of handicaps or mishaps in there career. Like this dude is hot because he came outwith a top 5 album but died went to jail etc. So he couldnt make another album but if he did oh man it woulda been hot. But the thing is they didnt. Longevityand consistancy makes a person great. Are we to say a quarter back is one of the greatest becuase of 1 allstar season. Are we gonna say a player is one of thebest shooters because of a geat playoff series.

Same as ppl saying for a big man pun flow was on point so extra points for that. Thats like saying yao ming is a excellent free-throw shooter because mostcenters suck, but since he is decent above average that makes him great.

Originally Posted by dakid23

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

The ONLY interesting thing Fat Joe can talk about is Pun...

grin.gif

You must not know about Fat Joe or must be really young……..

What about DITC?

What about the unreleased tracks he has with Biggie?

What about the bottle to Jay-Z head?
"rip my man big pun hit you outside the head with a crystal bottle"

Back
Top Bottom