FAT JOE SELLS 8,000 COPIES IN 3RD WEEK (WOWWW)

laugh.gif
@Hood this guys says check the world sales, since when does that matter. Check 50's world sales then, they would destroy anything FatJoe will ever produce.FatJoe sucks point blank, hes a very average MC with no options. He will never have a nation wide tour or international tour ever. You don't say thingslike " come on ma you know we run NY" and brick. Your own damn city doesn't support you.

Who cares if you walk around your city with ice on feeling untouchable, you still suck as a artist and will never be considered a legend to the game.

BIG and 50 actually have talent . . . The man gets one Timbaland beat and now he's following trends?? I mean Timbaland is an amazing producer whywouldn't he want to work with him . . . But for the most part G Unit is self contained, Curtis was 50s first time working with "known" producers,he usally uses no names and still makes hot joints, he's never been the type to run to a big name, because as he says it, he can make a hit himself."I Get Money" is a perfect example . . . Who produced it?? . . . My point exactly . . .

As far as 50 "selling out", 50 was NEVER a hip hoppy type, he wasn't no graffitti artist, he doesn't hang out with DITC and claim to staytrue to hip hop at all costs, 50 is that same commercial thug rapper he was when he came on the scene in 99 . . . He just knows how to make music people wantto buy, plain and simple . . . I aint saying he's the hip hop savior, neither has he . . . But he's great at what he does, that's why he toursaround the world non stop . . . If that's the rewards of falling off, I'm sure EVERYone in the game is waiting to "fall off" next . . .

As far as BIG, you should listen to the interview at the end of disc one of Life After Death . . . He answers the stuff you're questioning him about 11years later . . .

Junior Mafia dropped in 95, the group formed in 93/94 and if you have your calender you can see that's ATLEAST a year and a half before OB4CL dropped so Idon't think Biggie stole his mob persona from Ghost and Rae . . .

"Put the drugs on the shelf, naw I couldn't see it/
Scarface, King Of New York, I wanna be it/
Rap was secondary, money was necassary"
Notorious BIG - Respect (Ready To Die)

You tell me . . .

I just checked out that Fat Joe/KAR collaboration song. That song is hot garbage IMO. "We want war...We want war" *****. Those KAR dudes might besome real street dudes but they are NOT bringing anything new or clever to the game that hasn't already been done countless times before on the mixtapecircuit.

The 1st dude in the video sounds just like Cyssero. Dude ripped that man's flow, delivery, and even got his voice....Nah..these cats aren't original.
smh.gif
And of course Joe was well...Joe..and that aint sayin much.

50 cent had robin thicke on his album...so if fat joe is being "accused" of trend hoppin then 50 is just as guilty....

and vintage fits, i won't tell is a good song, so it deserves all da play it gets....just cuz u don't like it don't mean everyone shares youropinion....

and ya be goin extra hard to try to discredit fat joe...not once i ever said he was da best rapper dead or alive, i just said his collection of albums ispretty solid..and when your at 7-8..thats pretty hard to do....when u say duke is "trash" ya come off like some haters, cuz there are WAYYY worserappers worthy of that title...da fact that fat joe is listenable and don't ruin things he's on is pretty much on point to giving him da title of"tolerable" and "seasoned vet" cuz at da end of da day..thats what he is.

^^^ By your logic, do you consider Lil Wayne a legend?

If you say no, I'd have to call you a hater as well going by your criteria

Originally Posted by red mpls

This is one of the most entertaining threads I read in a while, props to Starvin Harlem and NinjaHood for engaging in an actual dialogue and putting thought into their positions...

It seems that Starvin's distaste for Joe stems from 2 sources:
1. He sold out and follows trends
2. His music sucks

Based on this first reason, you should not like 50 who you're defending to the death, or BIG who I know you're very fond of and is in your avy. You cannot tell me that 50 isn't following trends when he's got a Timbo-produced, Timberlake-featured song on his latest album as well as Robin Thicke, a joint with Ciara, etc. This is not a far cry from GRODT? Curtis wasn't weak? C'mon man... Also, BIG even stated in an interview that he makes songs that appeal to radio, ladies, etc. and that he will go with the trends so he doesn't become obsolete. He had like 10 R&B joints on LAD- R Kelly, 112, etc. as well as Bone. He went from slangin on the corner to Frank White after OB4CL, Reasonable Doubt, etc. BIG wasn't following trends? HE ADMITTED IT! Why don't you hate these dudes? I'll admit it wasn't to the same extent but Joe's been around for 15 years, BIG was around for 4 and 50 been here for like 5... Just be consistent my dude.

As for the second reason, I haven't listened to a Joe album since JOSE but I will say that there is worse music coming out than Joe's stuff (I think). He was never great to me but he's almost always tolerable and I usually like a few of the "street" joints off his albums although this "Crack" stuff has just gone way too far. But he's not making the worst music right now.

As for NinjaHood, I respect your loyalty to Joe but some of your arguments fam... I don't know. The dude with the Kevin Willis-Joe analogy was much more accurate than the Robert Horry-Joe analogy. When has Joe ever come thru in the clutch? He was probably the worst MC in DITC, he was decent in TS and now this new southern stuff... I'm not sure what to say. He's like that dude that can contribute 12 solid minutes off the bench but doesn't do anything spectacular and is VERY rarely the x-factor. He comes out of retirement to hop on a squad hoping to win a ring...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

How does 50 follow trends? He doesnt just throw anybody on his albums like Joe, GRODT was his 1st album and he mainly worked with dre and em, so after awhile why wouldnt he branch out to different producers such as timbaland.

Also curtis was not weak IMO, but people feel that way because they do what you just did which is compare it to GRODT.
smh.gif

"I Won't Tell" is a hot record IMO . . . (Not because of Fat Joe tho)

But as far as 50 following trends, I don't know about that, G Unit is self contained just look within the liner notes of all of 50s albums, he's NEVERbeen the type to run to a big name producer. His beat picking process is just listening to unlabled CDs and picking out the absolute best tracks regardless ofwho made it. He could get a track from EVERYone in the game if he wanted to . . . But he doesn't need to because he's talented enuff to make good musicwith whoever. And its not that he can't afford it, look at Game's first album on G Unit, he had EVERY big name on there, Curtis was NOT 50s first timeworkin with Timbaland anyway . . . And further, He did that JT remix in what 03?? the worlds been beggin for an encore

Its not even defending 50, its just seperating !%%#++$% from real @%#+, and it pains me to see grown men struggle with that issue so often . . .

Fifty gave you two wack solo albums that sold millions and you G-unit /Fifty fans still support him no matter what he does .Stop all the Fat Joe hate and hatethe fact that Fifty puts no effort in is music anymore because he knows you G unit groupies will run out and buy it . Fifty is living off his impact fromGRODT.Those days are over .

For the people saying Fat Joe's music suck what the hell are you listening to?

His Catalog is solid

He has a classic , a borderline clasic, and a few solid cd's. Even his new cd is solid. Not great but solid mostly street music. You guys are acting likethis dude is putting out pure trash. I guess it's because 50 cent dissed him people are turning on him. Call me when 50 cent makes a better album thanJealous One's Envy or Don Cartagena.

I'm getting alot of laughs out of this thread. Can we at least stop calling Fat Joe a legend or even at the least stop referring to him as the RoberyHorry of rap. With that logic, when the game is on the line you would want the ball in Horry's hands to make the game winning shot. Now think about itlike this, if hip hop itself were on the line and it needed either a game winning album or a game winning single to win, would you really place thatresponsiblity in Fat Joe's hand?? ABSOLUTELY NOT, truth be told you wouldn't even let Fat Joe in the building even if he had money to buy a ticket tothe game.

They need to treat certain rappers like horses, once you start coming in dead last after so many races, they take that horse out back and shot it in the headto take it out of its misery, the same rules should apply to Fat Joe's rap career, only we place the gun in Ninjahood's hand and let him take hisfavorite "so called" legend out.

Why do idiots feel the need to speak on @@*+?? Just shut up . . . How the %@*% you know what albums I buy and don't buy?? And how you diss 50 and defendFat Joke?? In Fat Jokes 35 year buddy hustler career what in the WORLD has he brought to hip hop besides HIGH cholesterol?? Tell me, cause I wanna hear thefeminine @+#$%#*% you're gonna spew . . .

And then you tryin to call a grown man a groupie
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
aint nobody even using that word cause its a wild accusation, NinjaHood just $@%#$ with FatJoke, and I %@*% with 50, I personally don't think he's a groupie and I know I aint one, its nothing more then friendly back and fourth, Music Forum101, we argue ALL the time, me, my man BFA, Duece King and the rest of the regulars, we go hard (no Laney) but aint NObody a groupie from what I've seen,we're just grown *%! men who aren't afraid to defend our opinouns, nothing more nothing less . . . I'm sure in real life I would get along withdamn near everyone on here, even BFA, we'd prolly laugh about all the @@*+ we talk to eachother online
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
we've had some epic battle
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

As much as I tried to stay away from this nonsense, I had to some back in.

When I saw that this BS hit 9 pages, I figured cats was about to shoot the fair one, like in the last Joe thread, word to Haze and ninja.

But alas, it's just the last couple of posts I saw. How could ANYONE say 50 doesn't ride trends?

Does no one remember when he %$%@ on Ja Rule for signing on records, then turned around and did the same exact thing?

Originally Posted by illphillip

As much as I tried to stay away from this nonsense, I had to some back in.

When I saw that this BS hit 9 pages, I figured cats was about to shoot the fair one, like in the last Joe thread, word to Haze and ninja.

But alas, it's just the last couple of posts I saw. How could ANYONE say 50 doesn't ride trends?

Does no one remember when he %$%@ on Ja Rule for signing on records, then turned around and did the same exact thing?

I think Nay already addressed that "riding trends" a few pages back? correct me if im wrong

Starvin, while I agree with most of the things you post is Dr. Dre not a big nam prducer?

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

BIG and 50 actually have talent . . . The man gets one Timbaland beat and now he's following trends?? I mean Timbaland is an amazing producer why wouldn't he want to work with him . . . But for the most part G Unit is self contained, Curtis was 50s first time working with "known" producers, he usally uses no names and still makes hot joints, he's never been the type to run to a big name, because as he says it, he can make a hit himself. "I Get Money" is a perfect example . . . Who produced it?? . . . My point exactly . . .

As far as 50 "selling out", 50 was NEVER a hip hoppy type, he wasn't no graffitti artist, he doesn't hang out with DITC and claim to stay true to hip hop at all costs, 50 is that same commercial thug rapper he was when he came on the scene in 99 . . . He just knows how to make music people want to buy, plain and simple . . . I aint saying he's the hip hop savior, neither has he . . . But he's great at what he does, that's why he tours around the world non stop . . . If that's the rewards of falling off, I'm sure EVERYone in the game is waiting to "fall off" next . . .

As far as BIG, you should listen to the interview at the end of disc one of Life After Death . . . He answers the stuff you're questioning him about 11 years later . . .

Junior Mafia dropped in 95, the group formed in 93/94 and if you have your calender you can see that's ATLEAST a year and a half before OB4CL dropped so I don't think Biggie stole his mob persona from Ghost and Rae . . .

"Put the drugs on the shelf, naw I couldn't see it/
Scarface, King Of New York, I wanna be it/
Rap was secondary, money was necassary"
Notorious BIG - Respect (Ready To Die)

You tell me . . .

No it's not "one Timbaland beat," it's a Timbo beat with JT and a song with Robin Thicke. Also dude started singing after dissing Ja forit... ok if he was doing it before Ja then why diss him for it? That makes no sense. Now this dude is on the cover of GQ or some magazine with a sleevelessdress shirt and vest on fam and you're questioning Joe's wearing a Coogi in the mid-90s when Coogi's were a status symbol in the hood? C'monman, I'm not trying to defend Joe, I basically lost nearly all of my respect for him as well. But be consistent man, you're blatantly picking andchoosing what facts you want to pay attention to or acknowledge.

As far as 50 never being a hip-hop purist and selling out, you're right... he was a "street rapper" who sold out. How is that excusable butJoe's actions aren't? Also, I'm not sure about that argument that Joe was ever a purist... the rest of DITC probably (maybe not Big L) but Joe?Nah.

That BIG interview was the one I was referring to and you're using that to defend him? Seriously? LMAO at you not thinkin that BIG was saying forgetall that "stayin true" stuff and make sure your money's right even if that means compromising your artistic integrity. If that was any otherrapper you'd be crucifying them... Again, you can't just pick and choose what FACTS you want to acknowledge.
You make a point about is somewhat valid BUT Junior Mafia was still just the name of the click, them dudes weren't portraying kingpins onConspiracy if my memory serves me correct (it's been awhile). Yeah, BIG mentioned Scarface and Frank White on RTD but his persona was nowhere close toeither of those figures while on LAD it certainly was. Interesting point though.

Bottom line: I don't like Fat Joe but he's made some good music in the past. But I won't knock him for stuff that I give other dudes a pass for.

IllPhill if you have a copy of Power Of The Dollar, and a copy of Veni Veti Veci listen to both and you tell ME who was signing more at that time . . . 50always has sung "Ghetto Qu'ran"?? Come on he was singing all over Power Of The Dollar, and he wasn't dissing Ja only for singing, it wasbecause of the image he was perpetuating, and 50 has made that more than clear in interviews dating almost 10 years back . . .

He sang on EVERY G Unit mixtape before he EVER signed with Dre and Em, they are all available on line for you or ANYone else to check the validity of mystatements . . . Plus Ja Rule is pretty corny besides his first album and his singles . . . His albums were trash . . . Simular to Fat Joke, and its a nowonderthey are all hugged up every chance they get . . .

Its funny to see someone like Styles and them diss 50, when Styles said 50s music helped him get through his bid, that's why I lose respect for thesedudes. I understand a lot of people who listen to hip hop don't read articles, and I doubt Styles would come out and say it because it would make him lookkinda bad . . . Or the fact that Jada and Styles sat on Hot97 and copped a plea to 50 in Jan of 05, then after the hood questioning them they come outswinging. Fat Joe also called up Flex (or was it Slay) the night Flex broke "Piggy Bank" for the first time and was just running his fat mouth abouthow he doesn't do rap beef and how he's gonna beat up 50 blah blah, and even on "My 44" he promises to never respond to another 50 record (ofcourse this was made after his first promise not to respond)

If you're from the street or anywhere really, when something occurs, yor first reaction is the true reflection of you as a person, in this case all 3 oftheir insticts were to %%%!# out . . . If a ninja diss you you gonna turn the other cheek, and then when ninjas question your reaction then you wanna stand upfor yourself . . . I a real ninja and I can't respect that at All, and this is music aside, I just got done listenin to Jada. But these cats aren'tanything near what they claim to be or what they're fans would like you to believe. And that's just some real $++* . . . It is what it is, and how Iwas raised you call a spade a spade, if you bite ya tounge, then you can go back in the house with mommy and see if she can make you a bette man than the blockcan . . .

Originally Posted by RudyGay22UcoNN

Originally Posted by red mpls

This is one of the most entertaining threads I read in a while, props to Starvin Harlem and NinjaHood for engaging in an actual dialogue and putting thought into their positions...

It seems that Starvin's distaste for Joe stems from 2 sources:
1. He sold out and follows trends
2. His music sucks

Based on this first reason, you should not like 50 who you're defending to the death, or BIG who I know you're very fond of and is in your avy. You cannot tell me that 50 isn't following trends when he's got a Timbo-produced, Timberlake-featured song on his latest album as well as Robin Thicke, a joint with Ciara, etc. This is not a far cry from GRODT? Curtis wasn't weak? C'mon man... Also, BIG even stated in an interview that he makes songs that appeal to radio, ladies, etc. and that he will go with the trends so he doesn't become obsolete. He had like 10 R&B joints on LAD- R Kelly, 112, etc. as well as Bone. He went from slangin on the corner to Frank White after OB4CL, Reasonable Doubt, etc. BIG wasn't following trends? HE ADMITTED IT! Why don't you hate these dudes? I'll admit it wasn't to the same extent but Joe's been around for 15 years, BIG was around for 4 and 50 been here for like 5... Just be consistent my dude.

As for the second reason, I haven't listened to a Joe album since JOSE but I will say that there is worse music coming out than Joe's stuff (I think). He was never great to me but he's almost always tolerable and I usually like a few of the "street" joints off his albums although this "Crack" stuff has just gone way too far. But he's not making the worst music right now.

As for NinjaHood, I respect your loyalty to Joe but some of your arguments fam... I don't know. The dude with the Kevin Willis-Joe analogy was much more accurate than the Robert Horry-Joe analogy. When has Joe ever come thru in the clutch? He was probably the worst MC in DITC, he was decent in TS and now this new southern stuff... I'm not sure what to say. He's like that dude that can contribute 12 solid minutes off the bench but doesn't do anything spectacular and is VERY rarely the x-factor. He comes out of retirement to hop on a squad hoping to win a ring...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

How does 50 follow trends? He doesnt just throw anybody on his albums like Joe, GRODT was his 1st album and he mainly worked with dre and em, so after a while why wouldnt he branch out to different producers such as timbaland.

Also curtis was not weak IMO, but people feel that way because they do what you just did which is compare it to GRODT.
smh.gif

So for Joe to work with different people it's selling out or following trends but when 50 does it it's a natural "branching out"? Someof you dudes say the most ridiculous and inconsistent stuff. If you don't think having a Timbo and JT song and a Robin Thicke song is following trendsthen you obviously can't engage in an honest and intelligent discussion... And Curtis sucked off it's own merits, you don't need to compare it toGRODT.

Its not even defending 50, its just seperating !%%#++$% from real @%#+, and it pains me to see grown men struggle with that issue so often . . .

Your perception of what's "real" is so distorted by your personal biases that it affects your ability to look at information objectively andcritically... which is what an intelligent grown man is supposed to do.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I'm getting alot of laughs out of this thread. Can we at least stop calling Fat Joe a legend or even at the least stop referring to him as the Robery Horry of rap. With that logic, when the game is on the line you would want the ball in Horry's hands to make the game winning shot. Now think about it like this, if hip hop itself were on the line and it needed either a game winning album or a game winning single to win, would you really place that responsiblity in Fat Joe's hand?? ABSOLUTELY NOT, truth be told you wouldn't even let Fat Joe in the building even if he had money to buy a ticket to the game.

They need to treat certain rappers like horses, once you start coming in dead last after so many races, they take that horse out back and shot it in the head to take it out of its misery, the same rules should apply to Fat Joe's rap career, only we place the gun in Ninjahood's hand and let him take his favorite "so called" legend out.

LMAO! Co-sign.

You show me where I'm defending the quality of 50s music?? If its wack its wack, but since you know something I don't please show me where . . .I'm just gonna continue to attack anyone frontin talkin about #%$! I know to be false, I can't help it that you guys have idiotic sources for infos . .. You don't even have to read, build a real rapport and ask a OG, they can share some knowledge with yall cause some of yall are lookin pitiful on here andthat's real #%$! . . . You gotta weigh the facts and circumstances for yourself, once you've obtained that info its up to you to make up your mind . ..

I wanna see what I believe to real and can be proven otherwise . . . Let me know.

Especially since he aint from the Bay . . . New York ninjas don't even say %@@* like that, he's on Jim Jones level of stealing regional slang and tryinto get it poppin in NYC . . . "Ya diiiig"

NinjaHood I'm still waitin for that Fat Joe tour . . . I'll buy you front row tickets if Fat Joe headlines a national tour . . . You have my word. 2 tickets will be sent to you if this EVER Happens . . . There's no way Fat Joe could sell out MSG NO way . . . He couldn't sell out Hammersteins upperdeck . . .

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom