FAT Shaming

When I say at my current job I have nothing but time. I mean even when they get me ob task it’ll only be 1 day a week on site but rn they got nothing for me its like they forgot about me and/or maybe they’re going to wait til sept 1 when the replacement for the team lead starts and get us going at the same time.

Glad this thread got bumped because I was thinking about yesterday.

I’m ordering company polos for about 50 folks in my organization going to conferences this fall. Naturally, I have someone reach out to all of them for sizes. One woman didn’t respond and I didn’t want her to get shafted so I hit her up directly. She responded that she already has a bunch of company shirts.
Nothing else. No size. Turned down a high quality polo.

I go to her Workday profile to see her profile and her picture - she was definitely embarrassed to tell me her size :lol: :smh:

I didn’t even ask my HR business partner, I just let the situation rock but that is so damn ridiculous. People go crazy over free anything at work and she turned something down to avoid fat shaming |l

I’m ordering company polos for about 50 folks in my organization going to conferences this fall. Naturally, I have someone reach out to all of them for sizes. One woman didn’t respond and I didn’t want her to get shafted so I hit her up directly. She responded that she already has a bunch of company shirts.

I go to her Workday profile to see her profile and her picture - she was definitely embarrassed to tell me her size :lol: :smh:

I didn’t even ask my HR business partner, I just let the situation rock but that is so damn ridiculous. People go crazy over free anything at work and she turned something down to avoid fat shaming |l
Stormio put me down for a XL and lemme get dat one papi :pimp:

Sometimes you really do have too many damn shirts though. 90% of the times that I took a free shirt, even just to use as a gym shirt or something to wash my car with, I ended up never using it and ultimately donating it. It's gotten to the point where I don't take them anymore.

My closet is prime real estate and I tend to find myself donating a bunch of stuff at least twice a year.

"Don't worry I just checked your profile... i'm getting you a 5XL. Will let you know when it arrives"

I mean if you go to the conference and everyone is wearing the polos and she’s the odd one out than double the embarrassment and it’s her fault

Should have been a form or checkbox instead of direct communication.

Yeah that’s villainous behavior asking people for their sizes lol.

Usually at our company we receive like a Google Form where you fill out stuff like address, size shirt etc so it can be shipped to us prior to the event lol.

That said - thanks - costing me tax dollars with their poor decision making bloating up our healthcare systems.

How would they keep it anonymous? Eventually gotta hand those suckers out and hit her with the "AYE WHO GOT THE 5XL JAWN???"

She probably been in the situation where the shirts provided topped out at a 2XL or 3XL that was still too small. I know that happened to one of my buddies at the old gig. Needed that 4XL and they weren't even making them.

Big companies tend to overthink/overdo things in an attempt to be politically correct but short sizes has never been an issue. Y’all are making great points but I am absolutely not bringing this point up to any colleagues because it will become a whole thing. Imagine the disdain everyone would have if a young, non-fat black male was the one championing this policy. EYE don’t need THEM looking at me for this reason. Someone else is gonna have to die on the 4XL Hill :lol:

How would they keep it anonymous? Eventually gotta hand those suckers out and hit her with the "AYE WHO GOT THE 5XL JAWN???"
Did you see the word anonymous? Even a very small person can be wary of sharing their size. Fill the form, it's shipped to you, no personal interaction needed.

Big companies tend to overthink/overdo things in an attempt to be politically correct but short sizes has never been an issue. Y’all are making great points but I am absolutely not bringing this point up to any colleagues because it will become a whole thing. Imagine the disdain everyone would have if a young, non-fat black male was the one championing this policy. EYE don’t need THEM looking at me for this reason. Someone else is gonna have to die on the 4XL Hill :lol:
For my jobs/orgs, folks rsvp'd with their size on a form. More than enough sizes are ordered incase people end up needing something different day of, and people usually grab the shirt themselves from the box wherever they're kept.

Back
Top Bottom