favorite kubrick movie?

got bored...wtahcing a clockwork orange for like the 10th time.

what's your favorite kubrick movie?

i can't decide what i like better 2001 or clockwork. i think i give the nod to 2001 because it does so much with almost no dialogue. but as i watch clockwork, i think it says more about society and has more classic scenes. then again clockwork seems easier... rape and violence seem much easier to make interesting

i find new things every time i view both movies.

2.clockwork
3. dr strangelove

full metal jacket and the shining are tied for me. lolita comes after. i've never seen barry lyndon. eyes wide shut is cool but nothing serious. i don't count AI

got bored...wtahcing a clockwork orange for like the 10th time.

what's your favorite kubrick movie?

i can't decide what i like better 2001 or clockwork. i think i give the nod to 2001 because it does so much with almost no dialogue. but as i watch clockwork, i think it says more about society and has more classic scenes. then again clockwork seems easier... rape and violence seem much easier to make interesting

i find new things every time i view both movies.

2.clockwork
3. dr strangelove

full metal jacket and the shining are tied for me. lolita comes after. i've never seen barry lyndon. eyes wide shut is cool but nothing serious. i don't count AI

2001 is the greatest movie EVER made!! The meaning and the directing is seriously amazing. Clockwork is up there...... man Stanley Kubrick is the greatest film director. Barry Lyndon is dope too. The way he plays with the lighting and the shots is just wild. My favorite shot is his signature pan out shot he does in the beginning of clockwork and all throughout Barry.

2001 is the greatest movie EVER made!! The meaning and the directing is seriously amazing. Clockwork is up there...... man Stanley Kubrick is the greatest film director. Barry Lyndon is dope too. The way he plays with the lighting and the shots is just wild. My favorite shot is his signature pan out shot he does in the beginning of clockwork and all throughout Barry.

stangelove as 1

i think FMJ is overrated...the first half was great, the second half was a run of the mill war movie that just seemed like a completely different movie than the first half

stangelove as 1

i think FMJ is overrated...the first half was great, the second half was a run of the mill war movie that just seemed like a completely different movie than the first half

i've always viewed full metal jacket as 2 movies. i don't know if i would call it overrated because i never see it in the top 3 war movies ever made.

platoon
saving private ryan
apocalypse now

full metal jacket

i've always viewed full metal jacket as 2 movies. i don't know if i would call it overrated because i never see it in the top 3 war movies ever made.

platoon
saving private ryan
apocalypse now

full metal jacket

Originally Posted by bns1201

stangelove as 1

Truth be told I LOVED the 1st half of FMJ so much, that it made up for the lackluster 2nd half.... It was perfect up until the last 45 minutes or so. In my memory I see Full Metal as a boot camp movie, not a war flick. 

Originally Posted by bns1201

stangelove as 1

Truth be told I LOVED the 1st half of FMJ so much, that it made up for the lackluster 2nd half.... It was perfect up until the last 45 minutes or so. In my memory I see Full Metal as a boot camp movie, not a war flick. 

i just finished a report on FMJ today
laugh.gif

A Clockwork Orange is the best IMO and 2001 is a CLOSE second

Kubrick is the best director ever.

i just finished a report on FMJ today
laugh.gif

A Clockwork Orange is the best IMO and 2001 is a CLOSE second

Kubrick is the best director ever.

the shining is my favorite. I don't think it's kubricks best film, but it's my favorite. 2001 is probably his masterpiece.

the shining is my favorite. I don't think it's kubricks best film, but it's my favorite. 2001 is probably his masterpiece.

The Shining and Dr. Strangelove tied for me. Never seen 2001, though I've been meaning to get around to it 
ohwell.gif

The Shining and Dr. Strangelove tied for me. Never seen 2001, though I've been meaning to get around to it 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom