Favorite Spike Lee Joint?

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

dtrtlogo.jpg

At the top of the list is Malcom X, then in no paticular order Do The Right Thing, Inside Man, Mo Better Blues, & 25th Hour (Don't sleep on 25th Hour)...

My favs: He Got Game, Do the Right Thing and Clockers. 25th Hour is also a very underrated film which I had no idea what to expect prior to first seeing it.
Still need to see X, Crooklyn, She Hate Me, and Mo Better Blues.

Sidenote: He is supposedly signed on to direct the Old Boy remake, interested to see how that turns out. One of the most disturbing yet intriguing films I've ever seen.

Clockers is one of my favorite movies ever, so that wins. It's also pretty much the only Spike Lee movie I like.

6 got dem handlez wrote:
Originally Posted by blackngold1z

How is he racist?

And I may be the only one but bamboozled is my favorite

Black man this, White man that. Every movie there's a white guy who's jealous of blacks and secretly wants to be black.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

600full-25th-hour-poster.jpg

Spike is Brilliant, my only beef with him is he doesn't put out enough movies
As much as I love this film and Edward Norton's acting in general, something about this movie just doesn't sit well with me. I've probably watched it close to a dozen times, and there's something I can't seem to describe..like Spike is forcing something on me. Love the monologues though, especially the closing scene.
If it weren't for that nagging whatever from 25th Hour, it would probably be my favorite Spike joint. 

My favorite has to be Do the Right Thing.

Back
Top Bottom