Favorite Spike Lee Joint?

Don't sleep on Summer of Sam though...I love movies that touch on NYC during the 70's.

You can see the Scorsese influence in a lot of Spike Lee movies but every director takes from somebody...and both happen to be two of my favorite directors.

Originally Posted by rashi

He Got Game only because it hit so close to home...

I would of said Malcolm X, but if you ever read the AutoBio of Malcolm X, you would of noticed the movie was such a huge disservice.

i read the bio, how did the film do the book a disservice? the only one thing that was off in the film is that Denzel is darker than Malcolm. i think everything else was on point for the most part 

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by rashi

He Got Game only because it hit so close to home...

I would of said Malcolm X, but if you ever read the AutoBio of Malcolm X, you would of noticed the movie was such a huge disservice.

i read the bio, how did the film do the book a disservice? the only one thing that was off in the film is that Denzel is darker than Malcolm. i think everything else was on point for the most part 

The narration of the book, the evolution of his philosophy through the narration > the movie

Doesn't even compare.

Yeah X was on point to me. Compared to the book I didn't notice too many changes. You have to realize they went over the original length of the film and had to cut it some. Even with the cuts made it still reached close to 3 hours. The audience would have definitely grown tired of anything longer.

Back
Top Bottom