Fear of learning to dance in public...

I mean. I can do the basic booty grindin club stuff, that just comes naturally tho, but I wish I was way better at real dancing...

It's like the #1 thing on my list of stuff I wish I was good at.

But anytime I'm drunk enough to actually go out on a mostly empty dance floor I feel like there's people in the corner like...

"Look at him...what a loser...bwahahahaha!!!!"
DSCN5691.JPG

Not really...but you know what I mean...

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

When you're dancing behind a chick that's grinding on you knowing how to dance is irrelevant

Just practice, that's all. It doesn't even take that long to get to where people think you are "good" at dancing since most people don'tdance in the first place.

I ain't talkin about just booty grindin...

Talkin about really knowing how to dance.

Anytime something like this comes on TV I'm like "
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
...I wish I could do that
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
"

Lol, that's how I feel at times to, but its with dancing hispanic music, cause when a girl grinds on you its like sex, you try diff positions..haha

But, then again While dancing you have to remember you don't give a F about what other people think!

I just go with it. If questioned why I wasn't good at dancing, I'll just say I was drunk.

Better to enjoy yourself then to be posted up against the wall doing nothing.

Originally Posted by SC415

But, then again While dancing you have to remember you don't give a F about what other people think!
Indeed.

But I liken it to when ya in school and you gotta read ya paper out loud in front of everybody.

If you know you're paper is wack, everybody gonna snicker and make of you. If it's decent, they'll be like "K...good enough"

My dance skills are plain jane as hell...and I hate it cause I wish I let go of the feeling of people laughing but I cant...not yet.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Need one of those 'Save The Last Dance' moments to come into my life already....
roll.gif
pimp.gif

I might just go out with this girl who can dance just so she can teach me...
laugh.gif

I can't dance either, I can do the basics tho, I'm 6'3 230, not tryna be spinning all around the dance floor either.....looking like lawrencetaylor on dancing with the stars

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

take a class
I dunno.

I can't see myself paying for it.

I got good at martial arts by reading books, having common sense, and practicing. I felt like why should I pay someone to teach me?

But dancing is like on some other stuff...it's a social thing that you do in front of people and you get judged on the spot.

When I learned the nunchukas, people would stare but no one would laugh....they'd like 'That's wassup....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
'

But when let's say you in front of ya computer learning to Swag Surf and someone walks in on you they're like
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I joke more than anybody in the world, but never when someone is dancing, even badly. Wish I felt I was in a room of me's.
ohwell.gif

Im actually a good dancer but im still mad shy about it
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Also..how do you really learn a martial art without a teacher?

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

I can't dance either, I can do the basics tho, I'm 6'3 230, not tryna be spinning all around the dance floor either.....looking like lawrence taylor on dancing with the stars
That's the homey...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Im actually a good dancer but im still mad shy about it
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Also..how do you really learn a martial art without a teacher?
Reading books.

That's the way they did it in China for hundreds of years.

Bruce Lee also...he kept reading tons and tons of books about different martial arts and got good on his own.

Originally Posted by J23S

When you're dancing behind a chick that's grinding on you knowing how to dance is irrelevant

QRT. All you gotta know is the 2-step.
pimp.gif

CIDMAN911 - Dancing comes natural, you just gotta feel the rythm and go with the flow.
on the side note...Rampage has your back

I actually am a pretty good dancer soley because growing up I used to study MJ because I had dangerous tour on VHS so all I would do is study it and emulatewhat he did and eventually other dances came easy to me. I actually have gotten paid twice to perform Billie Jean live at events like concerts and stuff. Ilove doing it
pimp.gif

pick a dance style that matches that music that you're into. then emulate what you can until you find someone to teach you basic fundamentals.

..as long as you don't pick up "hip-hop" choreography and try to call it real dancing (
roll.gif
) you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom