FEDERAL PAY FREEZE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON

Why don't we just dissolve our government while we're at it.

pimp.gif

what's a real job?

Produce something, be innovative.  Be produictive for society, not a talentless government bean counter who produce nothing.

I agree, we should let some other country over run our land, lose our freedom and become slaves
smile.gif
. Awesome plan.

Who would invade us and why would they?

I don't understand this, laying workers off and payfreezes and all this, it's just making the economy worst. People are going to have less money to spend.

I don't understand this, laying workers off and payfreezes and all this, it's just making the economy worst. People are going to have less money to spend.

Originally Posted by rashi

pimp.gif

what's a real job?

Produce something, be innovative.  Be produictive for society, not a talentless government bean counter who produce nothing.

I agree, we should let some other country over run our land, lose our freedom and become slaves
smile.gif
. Awesome plan.

are you serious?
nerd.gif
if so
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

what's a real job?

smile.gif
. Awesome plan.

are you serious?
nerd.gif
if so
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by leothegod

pimp.gif

what's a real job?

smile.gif
. Awesome plan.

are you serious?
nerd.gif
if so
30t6p3b.gif

WHO WOULD INVADE US AND WHY? Have you ever seen a foreign country invade a country with 300 million people with the having the most guns per capita?

pimp.gif

what's a real job?

smile.gif
. Awesome plan.

are you serious?
nerd.gif
if so
30t6p3b.gif

WHO WOULD INVADE US AND WHY? Have you ever seen a foreign country invade a country with 300 million people with the having the most guns per capita?

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Nothing new for state employees, why should federal ones be immune? It sucks all around, but that's how it is in the US today

Yeah seriously. California has so many damn furlough days now it's sad.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Nothing new for state employees, why should federal ones be immune? It sucks all around, but that's how it is in the US today

Yeah seriously. California has so many damn furlough days now it's sad.

pimp.gif

what's a real job?

smile.gif
. Awesome plan.

are you serious?
nerd.gif
if so
30t6p3b.gif

Who fights wars with guns still. What are we gonna use our glocks and shotguns to stop an invading country with a military and WMD? We stick our chest out at the world because of our military.   

pimp.gif

what's a real job?

smile.gif
. Awesome plan.

are you serious?
nerd.gif
if so
30t6p3b.gif

Who fights wars with guns still. What are we gonna use our glocks and shotguns to stop an invading country with a military and WMD? We stick our chest out at the world because of our military.   

Can we permantly fire these people and get rid of the military? People need to get a real job.
While the way you expressed yourself made you look like a fool, you do bring up a legitimate point regarding the state of our economy.  We do have too many people in non-value adding positions and services.  For example, the money spent on prisons and inmates is way more than is spent on public education.  The drug war needs to be ended.  The military spending needs to be reduced.

Take this money that is wasted on these things and then invest it in better education and alternative energy. 

Can we permantly fire these people and get rid of the military? People need to get a real job.
While the way you expressed yourself made you look like a fool, you do bring up a legitimate point regarding the state of our economy.  We do have too many people in non-value adding positions and services.  For example, the money spent on prisons and inmates is way more than is spent on public education.  The drug war needs to be ended.  The military spending needs to be reduced.

Take this money that is wasted on these things and then invest it in better education and alternative energy. 

Damn, I was about to start looking for a federal job too. I'm a current state employee and I haven't had a raise in over 2 years despite earning them thru my performance evaluations. Figured a job with the Feds would let me advance my pay based on performance....guess not. I understand the need for freezes but you gotta throw us a bone somewhere. I can't speak for anyone else, but my pay is most definitely not equivalent to what I do. Basically I bust my balls and take on more and more work each month, and I get a "thanks" and decent benefits (which in time will disappear too) in return. I'm quite grateful to have my job, but at the same time it would be great to actually get paid what I'm worth according to my evals.

Damn, I was about to start looking for a federal job too. I'm a current state employee and I haven't had a raise in over 2 years despite earning them thru my performance evaluations. Figured a job with the Feds would let me advance my pay based on performance....guess not. I understand the need for freezes but you gotta throw us a bone somewhere. I can't speak for anyone else, but my pay is most definitely not equivalent to what I do. Basically I bust my balls and take on more and more work each month, and I get a "thanks" and decent benefits (which in time will disappear too) in return. I'm quite grateful to have my job, but at the same time it would be great to actually get paid what I'm worth according to my evals.

The U.S. needs to stop adding to its deficit as well as outsourcing jobs so that our economy can get back up and running.

The U.S. needs to stop adding to its deficit as well as outsourcing jobs so that our economy can get back up and running.

^ I think alot of people feel the same way, in both government jobs and normal companies. As with anybody and any job, if you feel you're worth more than what you're currently being paid then start applying for other jobs that pay you what you deserve. Not saying its easy, but its an option.

^ I think alot of people feel the same way, in both government jobs and normal companies. As with anybody and any job, if you feel you're worth more than what you're currently being paid then start applying for other jobs that pay you what you deserve. Not saying its easy, but its an option.

Fed employee checking in (NASA)

I hate this pay freeze....eff you obama....eff you repulicans who pressured this subject...eff all of this bs.

JP it sucks and all but hey....I'm employed and i still get my grade increase the next 2 years. Disappointing though

Fed employee checking in (NASA)

I hate this pay freeze....eff you obama....eff you repulicans who pressured this subject...eff all of this bs.

JP it sucks and all but hey....I'm employed and i still get my grade increase the next 2 years. Disappointing though

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

Realistically very little the government can do for outsourcing. It's the burden of consumers to stop outsourcing. Instead of buying the cheap made in China product spend extra for the made in USA product.

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

Realistically very little the government can do for outsourcing. It's the burden of consumers to stop outsourcing. Instead of buying the cheap made in China product spend extra for the made in USA product.

i'll be happy to have my job by the end of my probationary period ... i know that i am taking less money now, but the experience im getting will HAVE to be rewarded down the line ... freeze everything you want because 25k or 50k or 100k a year is better than 0k a year ...

i'll be happy to have my job by the end of my probationary period ... i know that i am taking less money now, but the experience im getting will HAVE to be rewarded down the line ... freeze everything you want because 25k or 50k or 100k a year is better than 0k a year ...

Back
Top Bottom