Feeling lower than low

truthgetsbusy

Banned
I've really reached an all-time low point in my life and I don't even know how this happened. It's like everything is going bad at once.  I'm really struggling with life and hope things can change for the better. I keep trying the whole "keep your head up" and "stay positive" mentality but it's just like you set yourself up for disappointment.

Alot of my problems aredirectly correlated to money issues but not all of them. The crazy part is I've always had friends that I could chill withto take my mind off things but now I don't even have that. It's natural as you get older to lose touch with friends but not people you once almost considered brothers. Also, talking to my girl isn't always the best thing either becauseI don't want my vibe to bring her down. They say when it rains it pours and I guess that's true. Even my family is having financial problems that we've never, ever had before. I'm not depressed but I'm pretty damn close. I don't even like going on facebook anymore because seeing other peoples joy, success, and happinessis too much. I feel like dude off Office Space when he said "when you see me it's the worst day of my life". I try to think about the good things in life like having a family and being healthy butit's not doing the trick.

I've even lost my motivation to workout.

Since I barely have anyone to talkto I figured I'd turn to a forum filled with complete strangers.....Can I get some words of advice?

frown.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

I feel you man I've been asking myself the same %%%+ recently. Things will always get better just address one problem at a time. If you really need someone to talk to you should go see a counselor or something.

I feel you man. I get feelings like this in waves. I understand and know exactly what you are going through, but you need to keep your chin up and do realize you have it better than most people in this world. When you find the silver lining, things will get better in a huge wave of momentum.

I was feeling low as hell myself the beginning of this month finding out a friend of mines was killed(Frankfurt Airport shooting) and receiving news my career may be in jeopardy. I'm doing alot better now...got some good news on my situation and my friend is off to a better place. Just gotta remember man stuff gets alot worse before it gets better...sounds cliche but I really believe that...and you are no where near the bottom. Keep ya head up brah.

"Always look on the bright side of life"
Serious, OP. Today is my 18th birthday and i'm not too content with the progress in life, but i'm healthy and good. we've got a long time left
cmon bra
smile.gif

Harsh reality: if you don't go out there and make things better for yourself, nobody will. There are no guardian angels, there are no freebies. A closed mouth don't get fed. This is the land of opportunity, you know what's possible, go out and get it until you're comfortable.

If you're in the Houston area I'd offer to take you for a drink or something.

Set small goals related to fixing each problem, then methodically plan out the solutions and knock 'em down one by one. The feeling of accomplishing at least something every day will do wonders for you. There is always a solution for everything. Stop spending so much time "thinking," and more time "doing." It'll give you less time to commiserate and be depressed if you keep yourself busy doing things that are beneficial to you.

Another thing that helps is putting things in perspective. I don't know your situation, but I can assume it's not that bad, or nearly as bad as it is for people in other parts of the world. You have a computer. You have an internet connection. You're spending your free time asking complete strangers about how to "hold ya head up."

It's not that bad.

Identify the problem. Research some solutions. Fix them incrementally.

I feel you OP. I'm in a similar situation, but I'm feeling more frustrated than depressed. I'm frustrated that I can't leave my situation or just stop doing what I have to do. Just focus on the good stuff though.

One day at a time is all u can do.
Look at the things in life that are really bothering you, and look at different angles to fix it.
I dont kno ur situation, but I feel like a lot of people tend to put themselves in what ever rut they're stuck in.
If thats the case, realize what u have or done wrong and try to look at all the possible ways u can fix it.

Also talk to those who u admire and love. U might not like lookin at others success, but those same people may be able to help u out with ideas and such.

Obviously this is not a cure all. But this Tony Robbins speech from TedTalks is pretty amazing - its an interesting approach to how we deal with the situations in life (not just the bad stuff)

http://www.youtube.com/wa...&feature=player_embedded

And I would talk to you girl - im sure she know something is up with you and addressing the problems with her will not only help you but help your relationship. And part of this equation seems to be finding a community so I think you deserve a lot of credit for reaching out to this community. I hope things get better for you.

welcome to my life...

Only reason I'm still alive is because I won this lottery CALLED being born in the USA!!!!!

I'm in the same place as you op.

that drive through hell is hard, all you can do is put on some shades and keep rollin rollin rollin.

keep your head above water. Don't succumb to life's mysteries. Try to look on anything positive you have in your life and hold onto it. Slowly pull yourself out of this and make good decisions. wish ya all the best OP!

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

that drive through hell is hard, all you can do is put on some shades and keep rollin rollin rollin.
word.

and I think OP is missing out on sharing some of the burden with his gf. I don't know what your relationship is like but she should be glad that you come to her to talk about your problems. Always better to share the pain/burden.

Originally Posted by pjhoody

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

word.

and I think OP is missing out on sharing some of the burden with his gf. I don't know what your relationship is like but she should be glad that you come to her to talk about your problems. Always better to share the pain/burden.

Naw we talked about stuff before.  but I'm not gonna be the Debbie Downer sad person around her because it's not going to help the situation. 

Back
Top Bottom