FEMA sources confirm coming Martial Law

v-for-vendetta-movie-x1.jpg

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

that would be calling all of us pretty damn stupid.
no, we didnt have the power to grant or deny him....

Just Congress then? good, because I wasn't really buying into the idea that ALL of us were naive.

kicksfiend wrote:
I know this is going to make it worst but here goes

Can anyone substantiate his claims about China and France?

There's been plenty of talks about 1 world currency.� Whether we're heading in that direction is dependent on what you want to take as fact.� You canlook into IMF more and get your own conclusion.� The Euro is backed my many countries as a unified currency.� Countries in the Middle East along with the IMFhave�agreed on a single currency by 2010.� The Amero isn't too far fetched either.

Martial Law isn't on the horizon but I don't think it's out of the question if the nation continues in the direction that it is heading. Not interms of its economic outlook but the corruption at the federal level and centralization of power in the Feds hands.

The Feds are preparing more for domestic upheaval than for a foreign threat to the US homeland when it comes to "Continuity of Government".

Just Congress then? good, because I wasn't really buying into the idea that ALL of us were naive.
i cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not....

but naw, why would i support granting more power to a man i didnt want to have ANY executive power in the first place?

I'm being sarcastic.

I just find it funny that we say he gave himself these powers but thats not actually the case... Congress did.

(Disclaimer: I don't love or hate George Bush. Quite frankly, I believe he's as stupid as we think he is, but I cringe when people makeclaims without much, if any, evidence. I'm just dissecting the statement)

Continue.

And as was previously mentioned (PrurientSolesaid it), if there was social unrest anywhere they would implement Martial Law. It has nothing to do with Bush.

i cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not....

but naw, why would i support granting more power to a man i didnt want to have ANY executive power in the first place?

I'm being sarcastic.

I just find it funny that we say he gave himself these powers but thats not actually the case... Congress did.

(Disclaimer: I don't love or hate George Bush. Quite frankly, I believe he's as stupid as we think he is, but I cringe when people make claims without much, if any, evidence. I'm just dissecting the statement)

Continue.

And as was previously mentioned (PrurientSole said it), if there was social unrest anywhere they would implement Martial Law. It has nothing to do with Bush.

And who do you think put these people into office in the firsr place?

^^^ that was exactly my point. Read it again with a sarcastic undertone.

People to Congress to President.

You may not have given him that power directly, but the officials you elected did. He didn't just decide to give himself that executive power one day.

You may not have given him that power directly, but the officials you elected did. He didn't just decide to give himself that executive power one day.
But what fact does that change? He should not have to audacity to ask for those powers he should know that he is infringing on the constitution.You can argue about who gave him what and whos fault it is all day and night but the fact is he has them.

Originally Posted by theone2401

But what fact does that change? He should not have to audacity to ask for those powers he should know that he is infringing on the constitution. You can argue about who gave him what and whos fault it is all day and night but the fact is he has them.
The original argument was that he abused his position and awarded himself that power... that's not the case. Congress wasn't held at gunpoint... given the circumstances, they gave it to him. So what point are YOU trying to get at now? he shouldn't have asked? and?!?
laugh.gif

But what fact does that change? He should not have to audacity to ask for those powers he should know that he is infringing on the constitution. You can argue about who gave him what and whos fault it is all day and night but the fact is he has them.
The original argument was that he abused his position and awarded himself that power... that's not the case. Congress wasn't held at gun point... given the circumstances, they gave it to him. So what point are YOU trying to get at now? he shouldn't have asked? and?!?
laugh.gif

The point is its wrong regardless of who gave it to him and now he can do stuff that he should not be allowed to do. But no one cares apparently
eyes.gif
Lets not even get into the fact that maybe the people in congress who voted forthis to pass were republicans who are part of his administration? Because congress and the president are completely seperate entities right?

This is all particulars that arent important Bush and future presidents now can undermine the system that was put in place by the founding fathers. There issuppose to be a balance of power and that is slowly being erroded. But lets argue about nothing just for $#%*% and giggles
laugh.gif

The original argument was that he abused his position and awarded himself that power... that's not the case. Congress wasn't held at gun point... given the circumstances, they gave it to him. So what point are YOU trying to get at now? he shouldn't have asked? and?!?
laugh.gif

The point is its wrong regardless of who gave it to him and now he can do stuff that he should not be allowed to do. But no one cares apparently
eyes.gif
Lets not even get into the fact that maybe the people in congress who voted for this to pass were republicans who are part of his administration? Because congress and the president are completely seperate entities right?

This is all particulars that arent important Bush and future presidents now can undermine the system that was put in place by the founding fathers. There is suppose to be a balance of power and that is slowly being erroded. But lets argue about nothing just for $#%*% and giggles
laugh.gif
So all 535 members of Congress are in George Bush's pocket? you're giving him a lot more credit than you should, but we'll go alongwith it. Lets say the majority of Congress is Republican (and what you meant to say was that they were part of his party, not administration... in a realisticworld even when this is the case, you're still not guaranteed that all of them will support him, but anyway...), lets assume he scammed his way to thispower... what has he done with it? Excuse himself from War Crimes... what else? I asked this question before and that was the only thing anyone came up with."he can do stuff that he should not be allowed to do" Are you condemning him for what he can do or what he has done?!?

If Congress deems it necessary to take that power back... you don't think they can at some point? It took a majority vote to give it to him (correct me ifI'm wrong, which I could be) so any person that comes into office might very well disagree with holding that kind of power and relinquish it. Again, ifI'm not mistaken, its a War time power anyway, it doesn't last forever.

Now if we want to take this back to the original topic like I did before, this still doesn't have anything to do with martial law. If the country goes intochaos, you put your trust in the government to take control and "protect you" because that's what you elected them to do, this is where martiallaw comes in.

You guys realize that the President still has the same power to declare martial law as he always had since 1802? In other words, not much. Bush loosened theterms of when he can impose martial law in 2006 but that was repealed this year.

EDIT: America lived through 1968. That was as bad as it can get in terms of riots and such.

who is meeting up at blackwater,raiding the AA-12's,12 guage rounds and armored vehicles and hightailing all the goonies from the zombie invasion???

Pm Me...

But seriously,I really wouldn't be surprised.

Originally Posted by gko2408

EDIT: America lived through 1968. That was as bad as it can get in terms of riots and such.
That's like saying The Great Depression was worse than what we're facing now, but as the days go by people are realizing that things aretrending to be far worse than The Great Depression. It's evident that things are getting worse and for people saying that it takes time for the bail outpackage to work are kidding themselves with false hope. I'm sure the masses would have never thought of the economic meltdown we're seeing today.

With that in mind. It's safe to assume that the worse is yet to come. Welcome to the New Era...

Back
Top Bottom