FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

knightngale wrote:
I always hate when teams go into prevent defense rather than keep attacking. You go for the kill
smh.gif

Brazil did a great job changing it up in the 2nd half. Too bad we didn't make a single adjustment.
smh.gif

Too bad they didn't come thru. But Tim Howard is the truth.
pimp.gif
Soccerheads, is he considered one of the best/the best goalkeeper(s) in the world?

Originally Posted by GTownBaller23

pimp.gif
Soccer heads, is he considered one of the best/the best goalkeeper(s) in the world?

Tim Howard has been the best goal keeper in the world to many for the last year. But for me it was that FA cup semi final that did it for me. He will have alot of money thrown at him either this summer or next. Barca needs to drop Valdes and put in a bid for Howard. He is THAT good, the USA defense just can'tmark anyone.

props to usa for a pretty good showing for this competition(even if it was mickey mouse). good wins against spain and a proud showing angainst brazil even ifthey did kinda choke.

usa fans gotta learn to take criticism of their team without getting emo and catching feelings though.

also this is a discussion board. people from usa should be able to support who THEY want to w/o being labled a traitor/nazi or something.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Univision is the only place to watch the pre and post game highlights.

Those pair of dancers were killin it

QFT. I thought I was the only one
laugh.gif
. Both of them killed it, especially the one that was dancing extra fast.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by olegs

Haha @ all you clueless Americans.

roll.gif

We need more foreigners posting on NT. You think Laker fans are bad? Child please.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If you go back and read through the thread it seems likethere are a ton of foreigners in here.

pimp.gif
Soccer heads, is he considered one of the best/the best goalkeeper(s) in the world?
He's been climbing since he finally got a shot to get steady burn with Everton. My favorite MNT player

pimp.gif

hes def a good quality goalkeeper. one of the better ones in the premiership. hsent done a ton at club level..nice run in the fa cup though. hes not one of theelite keepers in the world yet though. prob top 20 though which is good.

Just wondering... how do you guys define 'choke'? To me, its when 1) a team loses to another team that they were expected to beat and/or 2) a teamloses after giving up a huge lead. Team USA were never expected to beat Brazil and, with all due respect, a 2-0 lead against Brazil is not what I would call a'huge' lead for the US...

To me, they were simply outclassed by Brazil. After conceeding the second goal, Brazil were coming up with wave-after-wave of attacks... those expecting the USdefense to be able to withstand that sort of attack for 45+ minutes is underestimating the offense of Brazil IMO...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Just wondering... how do you guys define 'choke'? To me, its when 1) a team loses to another team that they were expected to beat and/or 2) a team loses after giving up a huge lead. Team USA were never expected to beat Brazil and, with all due respect, a 2-0 lead against Brazil is not what I would call a 'huge' lead for the US...

To me, they were simply outclassed by Brazil. After conceeding the second goal, Brazil were coming up with wave-after-wave of attacks... those expecting the US defense to be able to withstand that sort of attack for 45+ minutes is underestimating the offense of Brazil IMO...
That is what I was trying to say and I was laughed at and called a bandwagon fan so I don't know. I would agree with you. Everyone knows howfast Brazil can score. Look what they did and how quickly they dismantled Italy. But hey I am just the clueless USA fan I guess.

It doesn't matter...when you are up 2 nothing, in a soccer match, and you have 3 straight goals against you for the loss......it is chocking.

Originally Posted by JRose5

Originally Posted by Fuser86

Klejstan was horrible out there in the few moments he played. I don't know how Torres or Adu didn't play. Those guys need some PT, seriously!

Torres will bring the team some stability, he knows how to keep possession of the ball and pass it around, open up the wings. Adu needs to find a new club team and get some PT, his lack of PT on the club side doesn't give him any opportunity to start or for that matter come off the bench for a few mins. He has the skill to make plays. One thing is for certain Beasley is done and no way he should play for the NT, unless he puts on a few pounds and gets in form for his club first.
Adu will never crack the lineup. Dude has been overrated since he was 16.

JR5
the media built up Freddy crazy, he was always going to have trouble living up to that hype...he played really well leading up to and during theOlympics last summer, he just doesnt play enough defense for Bob Bradley to make it into the lineup...more than likely he will at least be given a shot duringthe Gold Cup

i would say he's been more over hyped than over rated really, i mean hes only 20 years old...once the media got a hold of his situation they made it out tobe something its not, like he was going to be the savior of US soccer at 15...i still think he's going to turn out alright, he has the speed and vision tomake a difference, plus hes got the ability to beat defenders which has always lacked for the USNT

Hell of a game by Brazil! It takes real courage/heart and skills to win a match that seems to be over. I guess there's a reason why Brazil's jerseywill always be respected and not taken lightly. I'm so happy that Brazil won and I hope we can improve our performance even more and add another World CupTrophy to our record. As for the U.S, congrats to the fans that have been here since the beginning rooting for the U.S, the U.S has been improving and itslevel of playing should stay like this. The U.S's level of play better stay up and not go back to how they were playing when they faced teams from theConcacaf.

Originally Posted by kash55

It doesn't matter...when you are up 2 nothing, in a soccer match, and you have 3 straight goals against you for the loss......it is chocking.

I really can't comprehend the fact that this needs to be spelled out for people. 2-0 lead at halftime. Lost 3-2(really 4-2), that's a choke job. In thefinals of a tournament? That's a monumental choke job.

Originally Posted by Fuser86

My first squad is Inter Arsenal, but Barcelona is a close second.

Ever since Henry went to Barca, I've been following them a lot more.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by kash55

I really can't comprehend the fact that this needs to be spelled out for people. 2-0 lead at halftime. Lost 3-2(really 4-2), that's a choke job. In the finals of a tournament? That's a monumental choke job.
Thank you. Even tho the US isn't at the level of Brazil, they made it to the finals, after beating the #1 team, Spain, and are supposed to bea Top 15 team. You can't blow a 2-0 lead to lose 3/4-2, with those credentials, and not expect to be called chokers.

Great comeback today if you are a Brazilian fan. It was a good tournament for the U.S squad because they were able to advance to the final, but they could notcontrol the ball in the second half, and faced non-stop pressure from the Brazilian team. A more spirited effort by the U.S team in the second half would havemade the game far more exciting.

Back
Top Bottom