Filipino Culture Thread

IMG_0949.JPG

Ina :smile:

My Dad was only strict when it came to my grades and sports.

Didn't really get along with my mom growing up.

My Dad was only strict when it came to my grades and sports.

Didn't really get along with my mom growing up.

Same here with my mom. She left for the States after giving birth to me. When I first met her at 4, I thought she was my Tita :lol:

She had that Cruela Deville vibe that I didn't like. But we're cool now, though.

My mom came from a more traditional Filipino upbringing. So that carried over on how she raised us. I don't blame her...It was just hard to communicate with her in middle school and high school years.

I had to beg for her to buy me football cleats because she thought they were too expensive. But when my little brother got to HS and wanted to play football, she was all in. Wth, man lol.

My dad was cool and immigrated at a young age. Only was strict when it came to grades and obeying parents and elders.

My parents started out kinda strict but somewhere around hs age they have me a lot of freedom. Like they didn't care how late I came home and who I hanged out with... As long as I was alive and getting good grades I wasn't bothered.

They are waaay more strict with my sister. Those sexists lol

My folks were strict with me then eased up when I was in high school which gave me an excuse to **** up some of my life. They went extra strict on my youngest brother, talmbout ‘you don’t wanna end up like kuya, do you?’
Tf lol

Now we’re all super cool with each other, especially since we all moved our, got married, kids and life.

Reactions: Ube
Posting this here because I know Filipinos are the most likely to understand.. But my parents were always adamant about me marrying another Asian..

For example, my moms was always like 'you better marry a filipina' etc.

I've always been open about dating other races... I'm 32 years old and still single...

Today my mom surprised me when she offered to hook me up with someone she knows... She's black. That was the last thing I saw coming... Lmao

And my aunt likes this Puerto Rican receptionist for me.. I guess my family isn't as racist as I thought they were

my fam used to say that too, but as i got older it changed to 'as long as i was happy'

but maybe it's because youre 32 and still single that they trying to hook you up so you won't grow old alone (not trying to be a douche, but that's how old Filipino women think!)

Damn im already hearing that **** and I'm only 27 soon to be 28 in half a week.

when i was little i tried to reverse engineer swear words

"whats the word for butt" "pwet"
"whats the word hole" "butas"

me - "butas ng pwet!"

My Dad didn't suggest on what ethnicity I should marry, because he used get down with black girls in HS lol

My Mom never expressed her views on who I should date.

Actually cared more of my sister's opinion than my moms. Even tried hollering at my sister's friends whenever they came over or called the house lmao

All honesty, I really didn't think I'd marry a Filipina.

I only want to make babies with tall chicks so filipina chicks are off the list.

in all honestly you can't control who you fall for.

I was 22 or so when i 'saw' my now wife for the first time.

we were friends for about a year, but at that time i was ready to be single and ready to mingle for a while.

we just started hanging out more, and next thing you know we started going out. 8 years later, we got married. two years after that we had our daughter. 5 years after that we had our son....

crazy how things work....

Back
Top Bottom