Filipino Culture Thread

I remember going back to the PI alone for the first time without family, my cousins took me to this shady strip club. I had no idea "table a girl" meant buy her a drink and she will F you in the back. All for 250 pesos. :rofl:

I remember going back to the PI alone for the first time without family, my cousins took me to this shady strip club. I had no idea "table a girl" meant buy her a drink and she will F you in the back. All for 250 pesos. :rofl:
So, how was it?

You might wanna edit the post. Someone got banned from TAN/TAY for talking about getting a "happy ending" massage.

I need to ask you guys this one question and see if it's a filipino thing or if the women in my family are just crazy...

Basically the women from my mom's side of the family really believe in ghosts. More importantly, they believe that only a few ppl can 'see' ghosts. And there are apparently five women in my extended family with the vision, like three aunts, my mom, and a cousin. What creeps me out is that those 'with the gift' of seeing in my family all agree on where and how the ghosts look like in our houses.

Like when we first moved into my house in LI my mom swore there was a ghost chillin in the driveway for the first seven years who was angry but he disappeared once we renovated the driveway. There's a ghost in my sister's old room apparently who's still there but he's 'friendly' according to my mom. And when my aunts and cousin come over they would agree that they see the same ghost..

There was one night at my cousin's house where she didn't want to enter a room all night cuz she said there was a new ghost looking through the front window and wouldn't move and kept staring.

The women in my extended family really take it seriously, I **** you not. Is this a filipino thing or is my family just crazy lol

This is a question I've always been meaning to ask but I don't want to ask ppl I kno irl to think my family crazy but now there's this thread, so.. Lolll

Last edited:
I need to ask you guys this one question and see if it's a filipino thing or if the women in my family are just crazy...

Basically the women from my mom's side of the family really believe in ghosts. More importantly, they believe that only a few ppl can 'see' ghosts. And there are apparently five women in my extended family with the vision, like three aunts, my mom, and a cousin. What creeps me out is that those 'with the gift' of seeing in my family all agree on where and how the ghosts look like in our houses.

Like when we first moved into my house in LI my mom swore there was a ghost chillin in the driveway for the first seven years who was angry but he disappeared once we renovated the driveway. There's a ghost in my sister's old room apparently who's still there but he's 'friendly' according to my mom.

There was one night at my cousin's house where she didn't want to enter a room all night cuz she said there was a new ghost looking through the front window and wouldn't move and kept staring.

The women in my extended family really take it seriously, I **** you not. Is this a filipino thing or is my family just crazy lol

This is a question I've always been meaning to ask but I don't want to ask ppl I kno irl but now there's this thread, so.. Lolll

Bro, in every filipino family there are certain members that have unique gifts. All my aunts and uncles and mother swear up and down my that my grandfather could control and communicate with geckos when he was alive.

My mom's side is like that too.

My uncle wore all red after someone died because he thought it keeps spirits away.
One of my aunt's believes she can sense ghosts.

Like when we first moved into my house in LI my mom swore there was a ghost chillin in the driveway for the first seven years who was angry but he disappeared once we renovated the driveway. There's a ghost in my sister's old room apparently who's still there but he's 'friendly' according to my mom. And when my aunts and cousin come over they would agree that they see the same ghost..

This is a question I've always been meaning to ask but I don't want to ask ppl I kno irl to think my family crazy but now there's this thread, so.. Lolll

When my Mom came to our house in LI, she was splashing holy water like there was no tomorrow.

My parents and bro once thought they heard the ghost of my brother who died after a few hours being born. Kept hearing "Mom, Mom" and I wasn't even home and they all heard it.

Sometimes, majority the moms, are hypocritical about chismis and talking crap behind people's backs, but then claim to be for God and pray all the novenas, etc.

Yeah, I think the fascination of the supernatural is all within Filipino Culture. I grew up around it with my mom.

I sort of believe my aunt has a ‘third eye’. When I lived with my cousin, there were different events where she told she saw someone or something passing by or looking at us. The only time I saw what she saw was when I was a kid.

Since then, nothing. It’s pretty interesting though. I’ve had experiences growing up, but I tend to ignore it through the years or entertain the idea.

Came in here to lean about Filipino culture and yall talking about seeing ghosts
PersonalMajorAustraliankelpie-size_restricted.gif

I never really believed in all that stuff, but my family talks about it a lot.

Where the aswangs at???

Baking chicken wings marinated in Mama Sita barbecue marinade and Sinigang with pork belly and spinach. (forgot to buy a jalapeño)

Baking chicken wings marinated in Mama Sita barbecue marinade and Sinigang with pork belly and spinach. (forgot to buy a jalapeño)

Mama Sita bbq marinade is sooooo good lol.

I use it on chuck eye steak for shishkabobs

Was mama Sita a real person tho

Mama Sita bbq marinade is sooooo good lol.

I use it on chuck eye steak for shishkabobs

Was mama Sita a real person tho
Idk, but it is so good. Going to have to try that chuck eye steak with the marinade. Sounds good!

Whats the deal with filipinos taking pictures and having the thumb and index finger under their chin? Seen it for about 8 years now on FB.

Those filipino ghost stories while around a campfire are legit. Couple of beers? Even better.

Back
Top Bottom