Filipino Culture Thread

I looked up Liza Soberano once I realized she wasn't the chick who's picture was posted on this page.. She's pretty. Actually she's very very pretty when she lets herself tan...

I hate that Filipinas are pressured to be as white as possible in the Philippines.

Over here in NY my sister is considered really pretty but in the Philippines it's like she's considered not attractive because of her dark tan. She doesn't like to go back to the Philippines at all. Man talk about a shift in cultural values lol

Last edited:
I looked up Liza Soberano once I realized she wasn't the chick who's picture was posted on this page.. She's pretty. Actually she's very very pretty when she lets herself tan...

I hate that Filipinas are pressured to be as white as possible in the Philippines.

Over here in NY my sister is considered really pretty but in the Philippines it's like she's considered not attractive because of her dark tan. Man talk about a shift in cultural values lol

Just like any other asian countries, a women with some western (white) aesthetic features is a positive in the Phils.

On the other hand, white dudes love the "exotic" looking Filipina women.

In the end of the day, good for both sides, opposites attract. We as men may hype up a woman of a different race differently than the men in the same race as the woman. They might think she is pretty, we may think that she is hot.

FB_IMG_1527684767787.jpg

Had a birthday party to go to Sunday night with the Mrs. in Queens at Bowlero. Lucky for us, Krystal's was open and we left after a few hrs to get some longsilog and cornsilog. Wouldve gotten the lechon kawali or menudo but I was afraid of the ITIS and the 1 hr drive home so played it safe.

Definitely need a Max's in NYC.

Had a birthday party to go to Sunday night with the Mrs. in Queens at Bowlero. Lucky for us, Krystal's was open and we left after a few hrs to get some longsilog and cornsilog. Wouldve gotten the lechon kawali or menudo but I was afraid of the ITIS and the 1 hr drive home so played it safe.

Definitely need a Max's in NYC.
I used to live a block away from krystal's

Krystal’s got some good food. I’m too lazy to ever drive to that area though. Also been craving Ihawan.

I used to live a block away from krystal's

That place has stood the test of time, I remember going there in the late 90s. I think one time it had an F grade.

Used to live on 58th and Roosevelt and maybe went to the filipino spots a few times a month. Miss the convenience of eating different foods now that we live in LI. No bodegas to walk to and they dont sell the zig zag cigarillo wraps 4/$1.

Real talk.

Are NY Filipinos really out there ?

Like a generation of them?

Not ones who relocated.

Most of the Filipino families I know have stayed in NY. Most of my friends are still here too, maybe 2-4 have moved west. The older I get, the more I hate the winters here.

Back
Top Bottom