Filipino Culture Thread

The key to a good sinigang is to start with rice water

733C3BD1-6121-4D02-B7DD-E04A33880D85.jpeg

No kang Kong so let’s do talong and string beans
323766A4-5125-4398-B485-AAEE887A23AF.jpeg

If you are in LA HK Mart and KTown Galleria have Calrose rice

seafood city does not

I'll have to try that out.

I like beef short ribs or pork ribs in mine. Try using tamarind paste. It's a little pricey, but a small jar should last you a while.

What is the benefit of using rice water? A thicker broth?

I swear everyone has their own way in cooking the same dish.

kinda random...any of ya'll not a US citizen then became one or married a non US citizen from Phil? send me a pm

IDK if my experience is relevant to your situation, but I came here with moms. Moms got married and I got adopted for my permanent residency. Joined the military and got full citizenship through them.

Suluheroes_2020_04_19_08_39_12.jpg

The fight against Islamic terrorism never stops.

Funny, if we go all out, Saudi Arabia sends all the overseas foreign workers home. It happened once before as well. Effing Saudis.

ABS-CBN aka the network that broadcasts TFC here in the US, is off the air. Its license expired and congress are **** for Duterte as much as our congress tosses Trump's salad so they let it lapse without action. Any of y'all got Duterte fanboys in the fam back in the motherland? How are they reacting not having their teleseryes on?

Last edited:

ABS-CBN aka the network that broadcasts TFC here in the US, is off the air. It's license expired and congress are **** for Duterte as much as our congress tosses Trump's salad so they let it lapse without action. Any of y'all got Duterte fanboys in the fam back in the motherland? How are they reacting not having their teleseryes on?
Eff, I'm about to hear it from my in-laws when the moment I get home from work.

I have relatives on my dad's side back in the PI that are on both sides and I'm sure I'll be hearing about it soon enough.

Curious as to what Dutrumpte's approval rating is.

Eff, I'm about to hear it from my in-laws when the moment I get home from work.

I have relatives on my dad's side back in the PI that are on both sides and I'm sure I'll be hearing about it soon enough.

Curious as to what Dutrumpte's approval rating is.

My old friends/classmates in the PI are pretty shocked/sad/upset. Like, wow in a time of crisis you pull this BS? I'd bet his approval will drop once people realize that actions have consequences and that means no more It's Showtime or Vice Ganda :sick: :lol:

I want to hear their reaction and I unfriended all the DDBS people a long time ago :lol:

it's wild. imagine if Trump told NBC and CNN they couldn't broadcast and had to close.

I'm sure he's tried/asked. I'm pretty sure it works different here. Plus could you imagine the uproar from people with more than 2 brain cells over that kind of censorship?

it's wild. imagine if Trump told NBC and CNN they couldn't broadcast and had to close.
he already does bad things like rile up his stupid supporters and they get so mad at reporters and news stations for reporting the truth that reporter safety is jeopardized. Katy Tur bae talked about how people were threatening her at his rallies and she needed security.

What I'm surprised is how the network raised money and donated goods for the people in this pandemic.

Also with all the money giveaways they have for the people, why would someone do that?

How am I suppose to quietly pay attention to the ladies on TFC now and question if I wood or not? lolol

What I'm surprised is how the network raised money and donated goods for the people in this pandemic.

Also with all the money giveaways they have for the people, why would someone do that?

How am I suppose to quietly pay attention to the ladies on TFC now and question if I wood or not? lolol

Luckily TFC is still on and broadcasting lol I checked earlier. I guess they're still on-air where they can.

Luckily TFC is still on and broadcasting lol I checked earlier. I guess they're still on-air where they can.

ABS CBN Intl is based Hungary I believe. Your TFC streams are safe.

What's going with ABS is the following

- ABS' 25 year license from the government expired. So by law, they cannot operate as a broadcast company anymore

- In theory, with ABS not being able to operate anymore locally, they have to split and sell their assets (provincial radio stations, studios, program catalog licensing etc.).

- Enter Duterte Crony Dennis Uy. Dennis plans to buy these ABS assets up so he can have his own network.

- How can Dennis afford this ? His oil business is not that big. Enter China. Dennis teamed up with a Mainland China company to start another telco firm to rival Smart and Globe Mobile (it's like Verizon and AT&T)

- In the end, the vision is having a broadcasting network, as well and a giant mobile telco firm under the same portfolio. This is something that other tv networks and telco mobile firms do not have at this scale. It doesn't hurt that all this will be pro Duterte.

Last edited:
ABS CBN Intl is based Hungary I believe. Your TFC streams are safe.

What's going with ABS is the following

- ABS' 25 year license from the government expired. So by law, they cannot operate as a broadcast company anymore

- In theory, with ABS not being able to operate anymore locally, they have to split and sell their assets (provincial radio stations, studios, program catalog licensing etc.).

- Enter Duterte Crony Dennis Uy. Dennis plans to buy these ABS assets up so he can have his own network.

- How can Dennis afford this ? His oil business is not that big. Enter China. Dennis teamed up with a Mainland China company to start another telco firm to rival Smart and Globe Mobile (it's like Verizon and AT&T)

- In the end, the vision is having a broadcasting network, as well and a giant mobile telco firm under the same portfolio. This is something that other tv networks and telco mobile firms do not have at this scale. It doesn't hurt that all this will be pro Duterte.

So they’re creating a nationalized propaganda tv network and bugged as hell telco. Sounds about right.

ABS-CBN has to sell off because it’s too expensive without operations? Or because of the regulation they supposedly broke (having another channel not registered? Something like that).

China has this man and his cronies by the balls its amazing

:lol: @ Trader Joe's selling Ube flavored ice cream and other products.

This will kill it and blow your minds:

magnolia%20py-600x548.jpg

Depending on where you live if in the US if you aren't in a place with no access to a Seafood City, H Mart, or asian markets. Then yeah I guess you gotta resort to Traders Joe's :lol:
With Trader Joe’s entering the Ube Market, Magnolia better lower the price on this. It’s expensive as hell!

Back
Top Bottom