Filipino Culture Thread

I heard that the Jollibee burger is flames.

Can someone confirm this ?

I didn’t even know they had burgers.

#LanghapSarap bro :pimp:

Yum Burgers are what they're called. Like since I commuted most of my time there, anyone who rode the buses/jeeps who had a Jollibee paperbag most likely had a Yum Burger meal (burger/fries/drink). Something you can carry around anywhere and boy, the smell of the burgers fill up rooms/spaces quickly :lol:

It's really good. Though they rip you off with small patties so that's expected.

Do Jollibees here serve Peach Mango Pies?
IMG_1024.JPG
These things are :pimp:

Damn, suddenly missing home.

just wanna eat all day, tambay after 4 then straight to inuman then beerhouse :lol:

Me too. Aside from tambayan, we would play "limahan" or a 5-on-5 pickup game then the losers buy RC (that's like the variant Coke there loaded with all kinds of sugar :lol:) or we'd do bets.

I had a friend who lived nearby the bball court and we'd go to his house, cook up some Lucky Me pancit canton and have Gardenia bread slices all for less than 80 pesos :pimp: #GOODLIFE

LDR :blush:

I used to work as a sports photographer in the Philippines and at one of the PBA games I covered, I spotted Louise delos Reyes watching with her friends and she just looked STUNNING. Lowkey carries herself without a ton of crap on her face. There are Filipinas that look good naturally and she's one of 'em.

Such a weird culture here in the States. I remember when my friends were on the tanning phases of their lives and they'd look awful with fake tans. While in the Philippines, everyone's trying to have the whitest skin as much as possible :lol:

I recently moved back to the US recently after living in Singapore for 6 months for a work opportunity, but I made sure to stop in the PI on my way back in August. I haven't been since I was 12.. and man, probably one of the best times of my life having turning 30 this year. I was out there for a month for the most part in QC and was out about in BGC and Makati. Met a few from UST through my homie studying med out there.

Living out in Astoria now and have yet to take a trip to Woodside. I've ordered Tito Rad's via Seamless and will head to the restos in East Village for a filipino meal fix. It's always nice seeing Filipinos every now and then on the commute home from the city, be it shortys or families. My homie was joking with me about having Asia withdrawal lol, but I told him I just feel more proud about my heritage and culture these days. Can't wait to go back again.

Yeah, I was shocked that I was darker than my relatives in the PI. I was always told that they were darker.

But it didn't help that I was tall for a 12-yr old, so I definitely stood out lol

Man, so glad to stumble upon this thread. Another reason to check NT out more often again!

Just backread the entire thread. Sorry if Im gon just comment on random stuff.

About NT
  • I believe one of the founders is Filipino. nelcab23? So this may explain why most of the members are Filipino. They even gave us our own Regional Forums.
  • I used to be on the Philippine Regional Forum all day err day 2009-2012. It was really popping back in the day. Most of the names on here are really new to me so I suppose none of yall were frequenting the PI forums during the period I mentioned. People started migrating to FB Sneaker Groups and thats when the PI forum started to fade.
About Food
  • If yall are planning to visit PI soon, yall should try Dampa. Its a seafood market place. The original one is in Paranaque but now theres one in Macapagal Blvd and one along Daang Hari road in Alabang. Fresh calamares, scallops, prawns, lobsters :nthat:

IMG_3362.JPG

If yall are crazy about sisig then yall shouldl try oyster sisig!!! I was able to first taste it in Boracay. But since the island is currently closed, you can try the oyster sisig in the craft beer place:

https://www.zomato.com/manila/the-perfect-pint-alabang-muntinlupa-city

IMG_2162.JPG

Also, ramen is really huge out here right now. Which is crazy considering it summer time out here!!! Still people will go for ramen no matter what! Theres this ramen spot in Makati and I kid you not that people line up for 2 hours or more on a good day for their ramen!

https://www.zomato.com/manila/mendokoro-ramenba-salcedo-village-makati-city

If yall are here for a vacay hit me up I can give you good food recos!:wink:

Random thoughts

• Im based out here in the mother land. Was able to stay for 3 weeks in Vallejo with my cousins living in Archer Ct. Really hoping my company would send me there for a business trip, training or something so that I can get a tourist visa for free:lol:
  • Woodside NY that yall keep mentioning rings a bell as it is where I would send some of my packages to be shipped out here :lol: Johhny Air Cargo FTW! Unless yall are referring to a different Woodside?
Apir!

I recently moved back to the US recently after living in Singapore for 6 months for a work opportunity, but I made sure to stop in the PI on my way back in August. I haven't been since I was 12.. and man, probably one of the best times of my life having turning 30 this year. I was out there for a month for the most part in QC and was out about in BGC and Makati. Met a few from UST through my homie studying med out there.

Living out in Astoria now and have yet to take a trip to Woodside. I've ordered Tito Rad's via Seamless and will head to the restos in East Village for a filipino meal fix. It's always nice seeing Filipinos every now and then on the commute home from the city, be it shortys or families. My homie was joking with me about having Asia withdrawal lol, but I told him I just feel more proud about my heritage and culture these days. Can't wait to go back again.

Just head out to 69th St and Roosevelt and if you want Jollibee, just walk a few blocks as well if you want Red Ribbon. Food is pretty good in the restaurants and you can always get some stuff at the Fil-Am Market, not too big of a place but if you need you fix of foods to have at home, its already cooked and just have to heat it up. They also sell puto, kutsinta, suman.

Man, so glad to stumble upon this thread. Another reason to check NT out more often again!

About NT
  • I believe one of the founders is Filipino. nelcab23? So this may explain why most of the members are Filipino. They even gave us our own Regional Forums.
  • I used to be on the Philippine Regional Forum all day err day 2009-2012. It was really popping back in the day. Most of the names on here are really new to me so I suppose none of yall were frequenting the PI forums during the period I mentioned. People started migrating to FB Sneaker Groups and thats when the PI forum started to fade.
About Food
  • If yall are planning to visit PI soon, yall should try Dampa. Its a seafood market place. The original one is in Paranaque but now theres one in Macapagal Blvd and one along Daang Hari road in Alabang. Fresh calamares, scallops, prawns, lobsters :nthat:

IMG_3362.JPG

If yall are crazy about sisig then yall shouldl try oyster sisig!!! I was able to first taste it in Boracay. But since the island is currently closed, you can try the oyster sisig in the craft beer place:

IMG_2162.JPG

Also, ramen is really huge out here right now. Which is crazy considering it summer time out here!!! Still people will go for ramen no matter what! Theres this ramen spot in Makati and I kid you not that people line up for 2 hours or more on a good day for their ramen!

Random thoughts

• Im based out here in the mother land. Was able to stay for 3 weeks in Vallejo with my cousins living in Archer Ct. Really hoping my company would send me there for a business trip, training or something so that I can get a tourist visa for free:lol:
  • Woodside NY that yall keep mentioning rings a bell as it is where I would send some of my packages to be shipped out here :lol: Johhny Air Cargo FTW! Unless yall are referring to a different Woodside?
Apir!

Johnny Air's office is based out of Woodside, where I send my parents stuff whether its mail or balikbayan boxes.

If you like halo-halo, hit up my boy's chain caled Razon's of Pampanga. Theres a few imitators but its mostly for merienda, but I was never a fan of halo-halo, but theirs is delicious, and not because its my boy's. My wife and I were with our kids there this past summer and good thing theres Uber and Lyft there. Went to Makati the first night out to meet friends and it took us 3 hrs to go 9 miles. Went to Vikings buffet, and my parents live across a Lechon Baliwag jawn so I was getting my pork fix before we hit up Indonesia.

You went to UST?

About NT
About Food

IMG_3362.JPG

IMG_2162.JPG

Random thoughts

Apir!

I remember visiting the regional forums back then for some CDPs when those came out. @kingcrux31 was one of the mods back then and he listed updates from local malls.

Those were the times when NO ONE IN MANILA gave a damn about Jordans and you could easily walk in and get your size.

To add to your great list of food destinations, you guys should try out Maginhawa (north/QC peeps) and BF Parañaque (southies - like myself).

I go back to the PI every year, i miss the feeling of riding around in your motorcycle in bball shorts and flip flops with no helmet.

I go back to the PI every year, i miss the feeling of riding around in your motorcycle in bball shorts and flip flops with no helmet.

That's scary as hell. I'd never ride a motorcycle around Manila. Scooter maybe, and I'd wear a helmet all the time at the very least.
I was in Bohol last year and the roads around the Manmade forest and whatnot looked pretty nice; I'd ride there.

Is your homie in UST med filam? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom