Filipino Culture Thread

#LanghapSarap bro :pimp:

Yum Burgers are what they're called. Like since I commuted most of my time there, anyone who rode the buses/jeeps who had a Jollibee paperbag most likely had a Yum Burger meal (burger/fries/drink). Something you can carry around anywhere and boy, the smell of the burgers fill up rooms/spaces quickly :lol:

It's really good. Though they rip you off with small patties so that's expected.

Do Jollibees here serve Peach Mango Pies?
IMG_1024.JPG
These things are :pimp:
we got them up here in canada, peach mango pies are crack

Yeah, it's pretty "strict" in Manila and other thoroughfares surrounding the city. I remember when I was pulled over while riding my friend's scooter on my way to a nearby sari-sari store to buy alcohol because I forgot to wear a helmet. It was just a few blocks away, too. Got a warning and I was let go but I was scared AF cuz it would have been TOTALLY different if I already had the alcohol on me and you all know how that goes. I don't really trust the "cops" there, especially during Tokhang hours :lol:

we got them up here in canada, peach mango pies are crack

You talking about the GTA right? I live in Brampton so it will take me an hour or so to drive there. Can't wait to go over the weekend

Yeah, it's pretty "strict" in Manila and other thoroughfares surrounding the city. I remember when I was pulled over while riding my friend's scooter on my way to a nearby sari-sari store to buy alcohol because I forgot to wear a helmet. It was just a few blocks away, too. Got a warning and I was let go but I was scared AF cuz it would have been TOTALLY different if I already had the alcohol on me and you all know how that goes. I don't really trust the "cops" there, especially during Tokhang hours :lol:

Not even cause I'm scared of breaking laws, just for safety reasons. Drivers are crazy out there and I'd feel so unsafe without any protective gear.

I'll never forget when I was in the philippines...and we were in a two way street. Going one way was just bumper to bumper traffic...

My uncle just went down the wrong way to cut all the traffic. He gave no damns.

No way you can get away with that in the US lol

I hated the rules that only even/odd plates can drive on certain days. I hated water shutting down after midnight. And I hated no one wanted to obey traffic rules and it was traffic and everybody man for himself everywhere :lol:

I remember one day my cousin visited me in NY. When I picked him up from the airport, I was going 75 and I drove him home in no time. He was like :wow: we never go above __ km/hr at home.

Also my uncle lives in one of the more well off neighborhoods in Manila. Where he gets his cut is in the poorer section. We walked out to his salon where he gets his cut. My pops was like, don't ever do that again. If you want to go to that salon, you got to get a ride directly to that salon. You're lucky you didn't get jumped. I was like :wow:

Last edited:
That’s funny, my cousin is the opposite. She was from Makati and was saying it was funny that we had speed limits over here and that drinking and driving wasn’t allowed.

Maybe it's a regional thing in the philippines? Not sure where Makati is...but my cousins are from manila. Over there it's traffic everywhere so it's impossible to drive fast. Plus I notice you kinda have to drive slow cuz people everywhere are breaking traffic rules.

Makati is crowded also but my cousin is one of the people who give no dambs when driving. She messed up her car once or twice over there.

I remember visiting the regional forums back then for some CDPs when those came out. @kingcrux31 was one of the mods back then and he listed updates from local malls.

Those were the times when NO ONE IN MANILA gave a damn about Jordans and you could easily walk in and get your size.

To add to your great list of food destinations, you guys should try out Maginhawa (north/QC peeps) and BF Parañaque (southies - like myself).

Yeah! Miss them days when you can just pick up Jordans from outlets. I bought my 3/20 CDP @ 40% off. Good thing for Jordan heads out here is that since everyone's jumping on the adidas bandwagon nowadays its easy to cop Jordans once again and they starting to show up in outlets.

Unfortunate for me Im from Las Pinas so you know theres no way Im gon go for a long drive to check out Maginhawa :rofl:
BF Paranaque tho!!! :nthat:

Yeah! Miss them days when you can just pick up Jordans from outlets. I bought my 3/20 CDP @ 40% off. Good thing for Jordan heads out here is that since everyone's jumping on the adidas bandwagon nowadays its easy to cop Jordans once again and they starting to show up in outlets.

Unfortunate for me Im from Las Pinas so you know theres no way Im gon go for a long drive to check out Maginhawa :rofl:
BF Paranaque tho!!! :nthat:

Las Piñas reppin! :pimp:

I remember King Crux being the plug for those double zip Nike windbreaker hoodies.

The hypebeast in me wanted one so bad.

I’m hoping to have my bachelor party in the Philippines.

I don’t have any close family left there.

Maganda Umaga guys. Tank Gods its Priday ha!

Anyone watch Amo yet on Netflix? Took me awhile to finally start watching it but not bad so far. I think I'm on the 5th episode but every show has the same 3-4 guys rapping, probably what is on the main character's mindset for that episode.

Maganda Umaga guys. Tank Gods its Priday ha!

Anyone watch Amo yet on Netflix? Took me awhile to finally start watching it but not bad so far. I think I'm on the 5th episode but every show has the same 3-4 guys rapping, probably what is on the main character's mindset for that episode.

i watched all of it. it was pretty entertaining. that rap is so bad though lol. its like a bootleg of a bootleg of narcos. i aint about that barangay life though lmao.

Back
Top Bottom