Filipino Restaurants in LA/OC?

Hello there. What are the best restaurants in the LA/OC area? thanks and have a good day!
tongue.gif

glendale has a couple. max's chicken and sala sala (i think that's the name)
then you can hit up west covina they got golilocks and red ribbon

Salo Salo in Walnut / West Covina
take 60e (coming from L.A), exit nogales, make a left, take it all the way down to amar and you'll see it on your left side

A nice spot in Artesia "Magic Wok" really good home style filipino food, their lumpia are on point
pimp.gif

Its on the 91 exit pioneer, exit and it's in the shopping center right off the freeway (i dont remember the exact streets)

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Salo Salo in Walnut / West Covina
take 60e (coming from L.A), exit nogales, make a left, take it all the way down to amar and you'll see it on your left side
Is this place near Mt. SAC?

^Yeah, it's like 10 mins away though.

But just take Amar going west and it'll be right after Nogales.

Go to Artesia/Cerritos.. Best Filipino restaurants IMO..
1.Magic Wok
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2.Salo-Salo
3.Goldilocks
4.Jollibee
5.Chow King

Originally Posted by coolgrey81

Go to Artesia/Cerritos.. Best Filipino restaurants IMO..
1.Magic Wok
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2.Salo-Salo
3.Goldilocks
4.Jollibee
5.Chow King
BRAHH, I'M SAYING!!!

I listed that earlier in my post, not many people know about this place, but its a little +@% spot but it gets packed!!!!

THE LUMPIA + SAUCE IS CRACK!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

bright nikes - that's been my favorite spot for years.. The food there hits the spot every time! The crispy pata is a must get!!

^dude that's insane, I've been going there for years too.

A nice hole in the wall sit down filipino spot, you guys gotta check it out.

what else do you guys recommend at magic wok? one of my homies is taking me there thiscoming weekend, and i havent had filipino food in awhile. they have sisigright? haha.

get:

lumpia shanghai + extra sauce
crispy pata
pancit
sinigang
beef steak

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

fam and i are always going back to salo salo grille in cerritos/artesia. personally, like i'm sure may others will say, mom's cooking is better! atleast i got to check out stacks and labels while waiting, but not anymore since both are gone now. and although i've never ordered anything else from magicwok, i give them a thumbs up solely for their crispy pata!

^bright nikes.. don't forget about the special fried rice.. and if you're really brave, the diniguan aka "chocolate meat" is crazy good.. topit off with some halo-halo, and call it a day haha

get:

lumpia shanghai + extra sauce
crispy pata
pancit
sinigang
beef steak

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

sold. haha thanks. i have heard about salo salo too. ill try that another time. only places ive been to in cerritos/artesia are goldilocks and pinoy/pinay forthe fast food fix. cant wait to try magic wok though!

^Get your sinigang extra sour if you're into that.

If you're a fan of Diniugan and kare kare have a damn feast!
laugh.gif

enjoy, let us know how it went

IM SO HUNGRY RIGHT NOW, TOO BAD I LIVE ON THE 15FWY
smh.gif
frown.gif

Salo-Salo in west covina they also have a restaraunt in Las Vegas.

If your down in San Diego check out Zarlito's down in National City.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

IM SO HUNGRY RIGHT NOW, TOO BAD I LIVE ON THE 15FWY
smh.gif
frown.gif
My wife just tried this spot in Corona off 6th Street... She said it's pretty good and it's better than the OG Filipino food spot offMcKinley.

Pinakbet, Caldereta, Chicken Adobo was good she said.

If you're interested it's on 6th Street between Smith/Sherman... It's right behind an Arby's and directly across from an optometrist.

the little plaza with seafood city in west covina has a lot of filipino places. Toto's Lechon Manok really good place for some filipino food.

Originally Posted by JJC6723

the little plaza with seafood city in west covina has a lot of filipino places. Toto's Lechon Manok really good place for some filipino food.

sick.gif
Mannn ... them little fast food joints are like the gross Filipino foodto me. It's all greasy and just disgusting. That's why I didn't wanna name that spot in this post
laugh.gif

But, if you're in that plaza you might as well get some Thai Village or Jollibee on the other side, or some Red Ribbon Empanada

ended up going to magic wok last night with my homeboy. small place, but i liked it. we ordered fried calamari, crispy pata, kare kare, and sisig. crispy patawas on point. everything else was good too. the only thing was that the sisig was made of lechon kawali bits. dont get me wrong, its good but its not thegrilled kind. along with 2 orders of rice, it came out to less than 30 bucks before tip. i would have ordered more with my friend, but we were too full plus heforced me to bring the leftovers home. im about to finish up the last of the kare kare and the crispy pata for dinner
pimp.gif

ill try salo salo next time. definitely satisfied with magic wok though.

i'm dissapointed in you, you didn't try their lumpia?
tired.gif
laugh.gif

but forreals, the price and quality of the food is on point, glad you enjoyed.

try the fried bangus at salo salo, salo salo is good too, but seems alittle american/filipino food to me.

Back
Top Bottom