Finally a BMW Owner - 2010 335i Coupe Pick Up Today

Awesome cars till the turbos fail...

Good looks on that warranty. Hope u have a beater

Bmw lease cars like this almost always are abused and under maintainced. Gotta have that CPO

What?

Regardless, congrats OP. Beautiful car. No need for a beater since you will get a loaner any time you have to take it in for any warranty issues. Turbos not gonna blow up. You wont have to spend a dime until 2014 then you're CPO kicks in if the 6yr/100k is what I think it is.

What?

Regardless, congrats OP. Beautiful car. No need for a beater since you will get a loaner any time you have to take it in for any warranty issues. Turbos not gonna blow up. You wont have to spend a dime until 2014 then you're CPO kicks in if the 6yr/100k is what I think it is.

I guess my point was... sweet ride. Hella unreliable tho... the turbos have always been an issue yhey almost all have fuel pump failures. Etc etc. Its like havin a hot GF n takin all the BS that comes with

Last edited:
Awesome cars till the turbos fail...

Good looks on that warranty. Hope u have a beater

Bmw lease cars like this almost always are abused and under maintainced. Gotta have that CPO

His car is CPO though?

What?

Ya im sure hell get a loaner but for how long. all bmw turbos fail eventually or lead to other problems... its pretty consistant according to edmunds. I have a freind that got one when they came out with no issues yet tho. Any reputable dealer should have no problem with but i hear that even aftermarket rims they will hassle you on if its remotely related to the cars issues

you hear wrong. I have an 07 335i with 107K and aftermarket rims and it hasn't had turbo issues nor issues at the dealer about me customizing. the issue the 335 is known for is the high pressure fuel pump which has its own warranty. as long as he doesn't chip it and get caught then hes good to go. He can go the Denon route and not have issues either.
he will keep the loaner how ever long he needs it if it ever has to go in for warranty work.

his car only has 20K on it. he has a nice long time before worrying about any out of pocket expenses. worse case they will lemon it and give him a prorated refund.

you hear wrong. I have an 07 335i with 107K and aftermarket rims and it hasn't had turbo issues nor issues at the dealer about me customizing. the issue the 335 is known for is the high pressure fuel pump which has its own warranty. as long as he doesn't chip it and get caught then hes good to go. He can go the Denon route and not have issues either.
he will keep the loaner how ever long he needs it if it ever has to go in for warranty work.

his car only has 20K on it. he has a nice long time before worrying about any out of pocket expenses. worse case they will lemon it and give him a prorated refund.
I wish my 335 was as tough as yours :lol:

I ordered an 07 a couple of months after it was released to the USA market. Loved the car and was going to keep it for a long time. Fast forward 3 years and the car started to give off major problems at about 70k miles for me. Did cost and benefit eval and it wasn't worth it so i sold it. Turbos were fine. HPFP went out at about 50k.

I ordered an 07 a couple of months after it was released to the USA market. Loved the car and was going to keep it for a long time. Fast forward 3 years and the car started to give off major problems at about 70k miles for me. Did cost and benefit eval and it wasn't worth it so i sold it. Turbos were fine. HPFP went out at about 50k.

doh i edited that post whilst showering and said 2 comp dif things haha but ya i wouldnt mess with a turbo bimmer. Im one of these ppl thats never had car trpubles tho and the mere thought alone makes me ancy.

doh i edited that post whilst showering and said 2 comp dif things haha but ya i wouldnt mess with a turbo bimmer. Im one of these ppl thats never had car trpubles tho and the mere thought alone makes me ancy.

Stick to infinitis then

Btw jewseejay I saw the new q50s in person other day......love it. Infiniti on point with that one.

WJ4 - there are definitely a few bad apples from time to time. I had something with my Vanos that needed work but I was under the CPO which made it only cost me $50. Also, I think you could have extended your warranty for a few grand when you got near the end of the factory warranty. Im assuming your chose not to.

JEWSEEJAY - the big difference between wj4 and OP is that his warranty extends until 2016 or 100K instead of next year. again, OP should have a good time with his car and not have to deal with any significant $$$ spent until he is ready to move to his next car.
There is nothing wrong with a turbo bmw.

Car maintenance--The reason why I'd lease cars.
Hard to do when you live in a city built around private transportation. I've owned 4 new cars and none of them were driven less than 20k miles a year.

BigJ: you're correct. The car was completely flawless until about 65k miles.

Wj4 my hero... dude can afford to order a car :D

honestly tho, I think used BMWs might be a better deal than new because of the CPO stuff and lower cost.

Got me wanting a new whip, but I just paid mine off and have a 3 month old.

Not happening any time soon
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom