FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ that's an interesting point.

Maybe these aren't as popular as we would like them to be...

Maybe, outside this thread, the general interest isn't that big...

Maybe the sneakerblogs are just looking past it, thinking they're just a typical trainer, cuz they're not Jordans or whatever.

Maybe the sneakerblogs don't know what they are and couldn't care less.

I remember these showing up on SneakerNews' WDYWT article (along with some other Lebrons, Kobes, etc) and in the "comments" section, there was only 1 mention of the SCII's. Most of the comments were directed on those other kicks.

Kids don't know, kids don't care?
Oh and RealVip, thanks for the product-code info.  For most of the reasonable and sensible folks in here, I don't they they're specifically blaming the chatroom staff.  Most of us understand its a case of them just reading off of the screen and doing what they can.  Like Wally said, a lot of it is "in the heat of the moment" frustration because for most of the frequent posters in here, the infrared SCII is very sought-after shoe... Naturally given how Nike's handled the SCII releases thus far, I'm sure you can understand the frustration.

Trainers have been a niche sneaker since they started getting retroed, and it doesn't help when they released them in cheap materials, odd colorways or too many colorways. It further dilutes trainers as a whole and makes them look cheap.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Good stuff Wally. With the proper blocking, there's so much potential in this shoe.

Yes.  You nailed what SHOULD have been the purple colorway

It makes you think that Nike has Stevie Wonder in charge of Color Blocking.  I dont know what goes through their stupid minds when designing some of these horrid or off balance colorways.

^
they are probably re-active with the data they use
rather than pro-active like they were when they created all these classics

So I spoke with another NDC chat rep today. They made a very good point. I was asking about the zoom huarache alpha release from back around Superbowl Sunday that released surprisingly. They in fact did info on them going back to early January, a solid month before the surprise release. They also said and I quote "If we do not have them set to release on Nikestore.com then we may get limited to no information on the release, but you are always welcome to chat back in whenever you would like for any possibly updates."

So these very well could be releasing at any moment now. It's just that NDC apparently only covers their website and not releases as a whole. I guess we start calling these boutiques who are known to get limited releases and ask around. Maybe a release date is known and since NDC won't be getting them, they don't have a date.

I've asked the manager at my local botique and dude literally looked at me like I was asking about UFO's.

If anyone near me would know, I feel like it would be this guy.. I'll call some DTLR's today, but there were times in '09 when they didn't even know what I meant by Infrared AM90's, so I don't know how much luck I'll have there.

Sneekaz -
dog, thank you for the work you have put in
Ms. Dusti is becoming well versed in Air Trainers at this point, ha ha

the saga continues...

Originally Posted by Weatherman

I've asked the manager at my local botique and dude literally looked at me like I was asking about UFO's.

If anyone near me would know, I feel like it would be this guy.. I'll call some DTLR's today, but there were times in '09 when they didn't even know what I meant by Infrared AM90's, so I don't know how much luck I'll have there.

laugh.gif
  I can't tell you how many times I've had that same look.

man, everybody saying they're buying (x5)+ of each & every og cw
making it even closer to impossible for myself to manage 1 of each
but honestly, if i obtain the means to get any, i'd try to help individuals
in here

close to discouraged as well
sorry for the moodkill

those Bun B pics make it a go ahead for me ,juss waitn on more pic of Infareds 2 finalize my Decision. 

man, why do i have a feeling these are the citrons 443575-102 releasing 6/4 when theyve been around for like a month? or the other two i think it might be the club purple(even though it says out of stock)
or the women's og white neutral grey black...time will tell

NDC Bobbi: I am showing the WHITE/INDG NAVY-WLF GRY-INFRRD was possibly already released in April of this year and the WHITE/CMNT GREY-NTRL GRY-CTRN may possibly release on July this year, but there is no set release date as of right now for Nikestore.com.

^They've been around everywhere but NDC. Even Counterkicks got them posted up with a coming soon (6/4 date).
http://counterkicks.com/2...er-sc-ii-whitedark-grey/

So that definitely adds an element of confusion to the whole process. We are talking about a June release of something we already think is fully released, but in Nike's eyes, they are still pending release.

Great logic. I can't help but think of Reggie Watt's song "%*$ $(% stack". It may have no true relevance here, but Nike is just stacking crap on top of crap with all of these releases. I believe the citron release was released EARLY, when in fact, they each had a release date for that specific month (april for black red, may for chlorine, june for citron and the curve ball purples... So instead, you get all 4 released in a two month span and we STILL may very well see those rare quickstrikes. Ones mind can begin to spin with thoughts on how this model release went down. Absolutely pathetic procedure and execution.

If that's not enough, we will see 1 colorway a month until at least December. So the black reds back up on top of the citrons, who stack on top of the chlorines, then the club purples. Meanwhile a release from two months prior is STILL not sold out of any sizes. I know a Nike guy was on the forums last year talking about meetings and pitching shoes and gauging interest for items. Even with sound FACTS in front of them, they go with something out of left field. I really hope focus groups aren't setting up these multiple releases in weird crazy colors. They are setting yall up for failure.. And thats my weekend rant
laugh.gif

Saw the purple yesterday, ehhhh, still looks like a women's color to me. Definitely prefer my citrons.

Hey guys.. with what seems to be more or less a niche group of us waiting for these QS releases.. when release time eventually comes, I think we should all try to help each other as much as possible. Eliminate the resellers that might try to jump on these and make sure the NT fam that has been putting in work to find out info all have good chances of getting pairs. Me personally, one pair of each will probably be good for me.. I'm more than willing to help people out if I'm able to because I know this is one of THOSE shoes..

I just think, with the lack of info and it being potentially hard to find these, if we could all use NT as sort of a fall back, to avoid resellers prices, that would be excellent and we'd all be happy..

Maybe I'm just nervous, haha

Sounds great. Maybe get a size list circulated around. It's weird for me. My $$$ out of pocket vs. desire to own these doesnt place them much higher than retail. So I may be on the outside looking in.

I somewhat associate how all of this has gone down and the WAITING GAME as to a dead beat father finally making an appearance in a young persons life, 25 years later.. I did just fine for 25 years. Here, Ive been on the hunt for years (many others DECADES longer). We've all survived without them. It's almost like they aren't even coming out even if they do. You become numb to that crap. I'm way past these mentally, that it would need to take little effort now for me to actually care enough to buy at above retail.

That sounds good Weatherman... but I think those of us who are 'regulars' in here won't be enough to combat the resellers... One thing I've learned is that we'll never eliminate the resellers. I really hope I'm wrong though.

All I want is 1 pair of Infrareds... that is all... but despite that, I'm still nervous as hell...

its like nt should open up shop
laugh.gif

no more campouts lineups hype
and no stuck up employees!

Before y'all jump in and "help out"....Just be sure you review the rules in the forum. "Helping out" usually leads to people getting banned because you're not doing it right. Keep it thru PM's, signatures or take it to the buy/sell forums. Posting that you're willing to "hook people up" or are "looking to buy" will be considered a buy/sell violation and will get you a quick 2 weeks suspension.

Just because you're not charging more than retail, it's still considered a buy/sell violation because:

1) Someone has to buy them at a store.
2) Someone will turn around and sell them to another person to "help out"
3) The buyer will need to exchange money/goods in exchange for the product.

Although, your intentions may sound good, It does nothing to prevent SPAM, RESELLERS hopping on the bandwagon and charging "a lil bit extra" thru "shipping costs" and more importantly FRAUD.

Back
Top Bottom