FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

my pair of citron came in the other day. to be honest they look so much better in the pictures than they do in person. Might get rid of them

I need to try to get a pair of infrareds

Originally Posted by pixelhead

It's reverse initials
SC = Court Sports
TW = Weight Training
TW= Totally Washable

Not sure that reverse thing works for SC though

----
Regarding laces, I'm gonna try a grey out one of these days. Grey strap from the citrons onto the infrared. and an extra set of grey laces... Should look stellar IMO

saw a friend today,
he isn't into sneakers at all but saw these citrons and expressed interest in a pair
said they might be his favorites
dude is slightly older than me and remembers them and didn't have an original pair back in '89

i was somewhat surprised by this

Originally Posted by green rhino123

saw a friend today,
he isn't into sneakers at all but saw these citrons and expressed interest in a pair
said they might be his favorites
dude is slightly older than me and remembers them and didn't have an original pair back in '89

i was somewhat surprised by this

that always happens to me whenever i wear like a retro... happens with most jordan retros the most. co workers, friends, cousins, even strangers will ask me about them. total non shoe fans. i guess old school shoes bring out the kid in everyone even people who have lost interest as they got older. it really is nostalgia

Damn it, I need these but I slept
30t6p3b.gif

Any chance for an 11/11.5 anywhere in the Bay? San Jose to be exact.

Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed in the amount of wrinkling in the leather on these? I got two pairs so far and one is so- so and has a few noticeable wrinkles under the top laceholes and on the part right under th back of ankle, but one looks as if someone stomped on the leather on the side of the shoe. This is the picture, but after I spent an hour or so pulling and trying to stretch the leather back in shape which did help a little I guess but I really would not have to be a leather worker to enjoy my shoes:

Don't get me wrong, I am probably as excited as anyone to get these colorways and have been waiting just as long (I'm 33) and I am glad they tried to use softer leather than recent retroes, but if having a smooth looking shoe with no wrinkles in the leather means having them made with the white black greys and other GR's material I probably would have been happier with them that way.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

^^^^^ WOW.

That was really fast.  They left Tue. late afternooon.  Good news is you got them. Bad news is that damb FEE-
mad.gif
.  I was unsure about how to "label" the shoes, but my main concern was that they get "held up" in customs or whatever they go through and you have to wait or they get sent back.  Had I put nothing regarding value or description of goods, and for some reason they were lost, damaged, or fouled up in any way, I was concerned that neither you or I would have any course of action in regards to recouping any funds. The max UPS allows on a non-insured/valued parcel is typically 100.00 USD. Moral of the story for me is I will value on the low side, and try to keep contents unmarked next time around to CA.  I sincerely apologize Fernando, but am glad your shoes arrived safely and quickly.  Enjoy them 
wink.gif

Rich

When shipping out of the country, I always use USPS. Ive heard from buyers that UPS is more likely to charge duties. I also mark the package as a gift valued at $30 (I make sure thats fine with buyer first) to try and avoid fees.

This is an aside but since we have a fair amount of CDN NTers on here:

As a Canadian and having worked in logistics (shipper/receiver) & also for UPS in the past, I can tell you do NOT use UPS for shipping into Canada. A large portion of their business is based on acting as your "broker"... that along with having to play your odds with a CBSA agent that may or may not know what's up with shoe values (MSRP, hype, or otherwise) & you get stuck with a large $$ you shell out to the courier who is collecting a portion for Revenue Canada as well as their "fee"

Slightly better in my experience is using Fedex, & a large part that helps defray Canadian Customs wack duties is putting "gift" with a lower value (as s dubl has stated above) or even "used shoes" - leaving items unmarked raises a red flag about pkg contents, which is never good.
All in all again, it is a gamble depending on what Customs agent you get
grin.gif
 so tread carefully. When all else fails use USPS.

Ferndaburn: Be glad you only got dinged $90 for duties. Years ago I got got by the CBSA for $70 duties for a used pair of Navigation Pack AM90s out of the UK via eBay so you got out easy 
eyes.gif

Still have my fingers crossed there will be pairs online, via trade thru NTers, eBay
eyes.gif
 after the hype dies down... hunting either sz 11/11.5 in Citrons, preferably Infrareds... 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by allthingsjordan

Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed in the amount of wrinkling in the leather on these? I got two pairs so far and one is so- so and has a few noticeable wrinkles under the top laceholes and on the part right under th back of ankle, but one looks as if someone stomped on the leather on the side of the shoe. This is the picture, but after I spent an hour or so pulling and trying to stretch the leather back in shape which did help a little I guess but I really would not have to be a leather worker to enjoy my shoes:

Don't get me wrong, I am probably as excited as anyone to get these colorways and have been waiting just as long (I'm 33) and I am glad they tried to use softer leather than recent retroes, but if having a smooth looking shoe with no wrinkles in the leather means having them made with the white black greys and other GR's material I probably would have been happier with them that way.

bends and creases. thats what premeium leather does!  

Sneaker Bistro restocked on both CW.

As much as I dont like 21 Mercer, they got their shipment.

I want to say Thank you to WallyHopp for being cool and putting me down with the info for Rock City Kicks. I want to say thank you to Rock City Kicks for calling me when they received their shipment in, and then holding my pairs of the Citrons and Infrareds until I was ready to place my order a few days later! Really cool guys over there, and a pleasure to do business with also. I want to thank any and everybody that contributed valuable information to this thread as well. Super Big Shout to Kevco for dropping the release date way back on page 48. It almost seems like a gift that Nike "officially" released these on my 34th birthday 9/2/11. A thank you to Zappos.com for releasing the first OG colorway that I purchased earlier this year after someone posted that info on here. It was a crazy summer chasing these down, but I'm happy to say that I got my pairs. Thanks to everyone and I hope that we all get to enjoy these joints to the fullest. Oh yeah a shout out to Bun B and that random dude that had them on in the Nike meeting (those pics kept me on the hunt! Lol) Peace.

my one pair of citrons don't have the holes stamped out in the ankle collar, like the citron tab is there with its holes but the material beneath isn't, anyone have an idea, i already tried a pin/nail and that didn't work. anyone got an idea????? thanks in advance

My black and grey pair was kinda like that. I used the shoe laces to bore through the hole. If that does not work, try an ice pick.

yeah it wont there are absolutly no pre cut holes or anything just solid frickin material, i think im gonna try and exacto knife, i aint got no ice pick

SMH at me not even remembering these released
30t6p3b.gif

Can anyone tell me how limited these were and what accounts got em in?

Has anyone experienced the dreaded painted midsole cracking & chipping yet?

Is the QS quality that much better than the GR releases? Ignorant questions maybe but they are nowhere to be found as far as I know in Toronto (you lucky US guys)

From all you guys who have them in their possession & on their feet what's the word? You are not disappoint?

LOL, it was only a matter of time when somebody complains about wrinkled leather....stick to the pleather GRs if you want non-wrinkled shoes. I'm lovin' ALL the creases on mine.

^^^ true, that how you know you got amazing leather, and everyone is happy with the premeium leather and no one has worn them enough to know if the midsole cracks (paint) but i highly doubt they will. these shoes are the best quality since 2000 quality wise, IMO   
grin.gif

Just got mine today. Of ALL the recent retros I've purchased in the last 5-6 years (Jordan included) these are hands down my fave. Leather is on point, I welcome wrinkles, that's what shoes do. Please Nike put this much effort into future retros.

Purchased them from sneakerhead on wed, came in on fri the 26th. From the 26th to the 2nd, i've wore them non-stop. The first day alone was over 10 hours. The midsole is as if i've never wore them. No hair line cracks. Im not even sure they are painted. Slight crease on the toe box, but i wear my shoes loose. I can feel that that these things are built like tanks!

ok, doubles attained in size 12.

just picked up the last size 12 infrareds at mercer 21, they're shipping to me.

grabbed citron's the other night from sneakerhead.

and i'm done.

gotta either return these size 13's now tho, or sell them.

thanx to everyone who helped out in this thread!

hope NDC comes thru for anyone still needing these.

Back
Top Bottom