FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

ALL IM SAYING IS IF NIKE DOESNT RELESE THIS SHOE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND ONLY GIVE IT TO CERTAIN PEOPLE, I'm fuc#ing done with them completly. I spend over 4-5k a year with them also, so hopefully you read this nike(i know you could care less but) yep you will lose a person that has been with you sice i was in 2nd grade (im 31 now) so go ahead nike and fu#k us and I'lll F#ck you right back!!!! You will lose me FOREVER!!!!

Twitter update via Nike Store via TSG. Some of the same o'l vague info Sneekaz got.

"It's supposed to be a QS however we don't have a set date for it at this moment, just says Summer 11"

Also confirmed is INFRARED in the colorway.

Nike has these three month cycles and SUMMER for Nike ends with June. So with May half way over and June approaching, and the possible BIG training event every June, it may all lead up to something big... Maybe this is a shoe they give away to all participates of the training media event.. Now that would be EPIC.

The lows back then, if I remember correctly, just didn't have that "sleeve/collar", so I guess you can just DIY and cut it out. It should be a soft material anyway.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Twitter update via Nike Store via TSG. Some of the same o'l vague info Sneekaz got.

"It's supposed to be a QS however we don't have a set date for it at this moment, just says Summer 11"

Also confirmed is INFRARED in the colorway.

Nike has these three month cycles and SUMMER for Nike ends with June. So with May half way over and June approaching, and the possible BIG training event every June, it may all lead up to something big... Maybe this is a shoe they give away to all participates of the training media event.. Now that would be EPIC.

patiently waiting...

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Is it possible to remove the high top bit and change em to lows?

the tounge is gonna be 2 foot long tho! trust fam it would look ungodly
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

wally give em a photoshop witout out makeing the tounge shorter

b5935d8947df7f834c351270305934a4eb5d9b8_r.jpg

roll.gif

Please don't do that.. If anything you have to go down considerably, much like the originals, which had almost no visible tongue above the back sockliner
eb9356ac44657a62463816f93500ab60006441b_r.jpg

I'd instcop the bottom pair.

i could just have the tongue shortened by a tailor.

Hmmm...

Normally I have to go a half size up on trainers, due to the straps, but these fit true to size for me.

$!%% it copped the citrons. next on my radar are the infrareds. idk why but i believe bun b over some nike rep on chat

So I tweeted NSW asking specifically about the Infrareds.. No response whatsoever. They've usually been pretty prompt with replies to my inquiries in the past, so take that however you may.. They really seem to be ducking it for some reason

Citrons look way, way, better in person in my opinion. Depending on what goes down with the OG colors, I might actually end up grabbing those. The pair I looked at was way nicer quality than the 09 Auburn SCs

Good news guys. I went to a Nike focus group today and one of the guys was wearing the infrared color. He said that they're indeed dropping along with the citron and teal colorway as a qs. Only thing is he didn't know when theyre coming out. But he said that theyre indeed doing those two og colorways.
The infrareds look good tho he said that they used better leather (I'm assuming he meant better than the trainer scs.

Thanks for relaying us that news. I wonder if it's a pack thing (combined purchase price) and what the price point would be? I'm guessing $120 solo?

Any reason as to why they are doing this? I'd love a sit down session with someone. How is this sort of thing explained and shown as logical in the least bit?

I'm ready to go off the deep end here with my rants. Hear me out.

- Let 4 colorways sit at stores and as each new one comes out, crap is stacked upon crap. I'm talking knee deep.
-By September, the pair from April will still be there, and it's just a mess.. A mess they created..
And then there will be this neat little QS event where masses amounts of people won't be able to get them, and what they will see, hear, and feel eying them online and in store: the stench of 9 other colorways rotting on shelves. How is that fair to anyone? This older demographic that may remember these are everyday joes who may go to the mall every once in awhile and may want some old school BO's. As I put it nicely, GR or  GTHO. The hypebeast limited edition crowd who wouldnt touch a GR colorway with a 10 foot pole is who will gravitate towards these. And it falls right into their stigma they have created... They are not sought after by MOST because they are limited. Big wigs at Nike will say "we need more limited releases with such a great success". But it's what you created. Are they using these bo jackson trainers as a part of some sort of agenda?

Can no one at Nike do a basic kindergarten assessment on relationships? It can also be looked at from a philosophical perspective. GRs would sell if given the right color and release date/ quality. The extra time and work to sell 5-10 times LESS units is what Nike deems neecersary to push some of these colorways? That's ridiculous. Who is feeding them this limited QS only knowledge? Footlocker and HOH? Yes they are limited. But that has little to do with many wanting them. Connecting the dots and then examining other variables doesn't seem like Nike's strong point.

As I mentioned above about the average joe, he may see one or two LS colorways in the mall and just laugh. To actually seek out many of these shoes that people remember and trying to inform them how to do so is a daunting task. " You see sir, 8 other colorways nobody wants are sitting in stores across America. You can get those anytime you want. But the ones everyone wants are limited and not easy to find." I got 40 year old dudes asking about certain trainers I have on at the gym but informing them and doing that whole song and dance is never fun.

uhhh. I hate limited releases.

On a numbers front, limited edition shoes never made much sense to me. You may sell 2,000 of your 2,000 QSs, you have capped out very low. With a well done GR, the capacity is 5, maybe 10 times higher.. Someone or something is behind this limited edition crap.  I guess I know how many others feel in other genres out there. HOHs, SBs, NB, ASIC collabs. The true limited wave should never have reached OG colorway trainers. Leave that crap to Supreme hocking air trainer "2"s.

But I digress, I'm getting my ribbon prepped to put on, and some kerosene to light up the hoops I'm about to jump through for these.. Congrats Nike. You got yourself a circus

It shouldnt be a pack no way. The guy said that they had originally planned to start off with the og but i guess other decisions were made, politics im guessing, so yea. At least where getting them.

Pack or no pack. I am getting both the citron/teal and infrared colourways.*

* If I can get them for retail + shipping to Canada.

wally sick P>S> lol they do look very dope with the tounge trimmed, lol . oh and Q>S> is total BULLsheet, with a cherry on top. im still copping 4-5 pairs of each. DAMN YOU NIKE!!!

Originally Posted by voterobformayor

These gotta be my favorite ones - good idea on making the FB like page. All the Bo's are tight, but im a huge fan of the ones with bottom lace straps..
fdd35178efca6d32e9227bcf298dabbe9f043e0.pjpg

I love this freakin' colorway...

this better not be treated like some hoh exclusives...start lining up now!!

jk

Back
Top Bottom