FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

I just contacted nike chat before they closed... Wasted good chunk of time getting nowhere:

Mamie: Hi, my name is Mamie. How may I help you?
Mamie: Hi Wally
wally hopp: Hello I am looking for a future release style code.
wally hopp: The beginning of the style code on the pair of shoes is: 443575
Mamie: The Air Trainer SC II
Mamie: What color are you looking for?
wally hopp: yes. one colorway is the White/cement grey.. QS model
wally hopp: what is the complete colorway and style code on that one
wally hopp: The second model is the White/infrared QS model... These two appear different from the others because of the QS. Do you have any information on what that entails?
Mamie: I would be more then happy to help you out with that, let me see if I can find anything.
Mamie: Is that one the same style number.
wally hopp: They both should be the same.
wally hopp: the beginning of the style code i mean.
wally hopp: the last three digits is the colorway designation I believe
Mamie: Ok.
Mamie: Just making sure.
Mamie: I'm not finding any of them with White/infrared QS model
wally hopp: Is it possible to search without the style code and just "Nike air trainer sc II infrared"?
wally hopp: It is my assumption that the style codes for the models out now would be the same as the QS versions.
Mamie: Yea, let me see what I can find, just bare with me if you can.
wally hopp: thank you
wally hopp: Would a picture of the model/ colorway help?
Mamie: Ok, I was able to find out, I'm sorry but over looked it, QS is a Quick Strike, very exclusive release.
wally hopp: Any possible release date?
Mamie: Limited Edition product that is not listed on the launch list is considered a Quick Strike. Quick Strikes are usually limited to urban retailers in small numbers, and can be sold upon receiving the footwear, unlike launch product which cannot be sold until the official launch date.
wally hopp: Is the style code the same as the other releases available at nike.com?
Mamie: No, it wont be.
wally hopp: My friend said there may be two QS releases of different colors. Is that true? Can you provide the official names of both?
Mamie: That could be true, but I have no information on any of those as of yet.
wally hopp: My apologies for asking so many questions. This is a shoe that first released in 1989. This will be the first retro of these original colorways.
wally hopp: I'm just trying to confirm that they are infact coming out so I can plan ahead.
Mamie: No, that's fine, my best suggestion is to check around on sneaker site's.
Mamie: I have looked at some, and nothing is listed as of yet.
wally hopp: One sneakersite just showed a photo of them and stated "coming soon". So thats when I came here looking for more info.
wally hopp: Sounds like a sneaky low key release, if they do come out.. Thanks for your time...
Mamie: Yea, that is exactly what it is. They give no information on Quick Strikes.
wally hopp: But it does show a AIR TRAINER SC II QS in the database?
wally hopp: just no real info on colorway or release date?
Mamie: Yes.
Mamie: Found the style number 456610 -140
Mamie: Looks like it was released in April
wally hopp: hmmm. that adds some mystery to all of this
Mamie: Yes, it certainly does.
Mamie: It's listed as an active product, so I would have to say just keep an eye out for them.
Mamie: Sorry I don't have any information on the release dates.
wally hopp: Thank you for all the answers you could provide.
Mamie: No problem at all.
wally hopp: I am disconnecting now.. Thanks
Mamie: You're more then welcome, thanks for chatting into Nike. Take care and have a good one!
Mamie has disconnected.
---------------

A few questions can be answered here:
-Style code may be totally different from the other GRs
-No true confirmation of a second CEMENT grey
-QSs can release at any time the retailer wants.
- 456610-140 shows up nowhere online for anything past, present, or future

I guess I need to plan ahead right now for a release any second now

^^^ listen to this guy!! haha

but anyways im so amped now and cannot wait to grab these, hopefully 4-6 of each , that way i will have a pair to wear that look brand new for at least the nxt 5-10 years!!! SO  FUc#%& AMPED right now, soooooooo AMPED!!!!

lets start growing our mullets now!!!!

i gotta locate a pair of tight stone washed jeans and an old school FORCE Shirt, then buy a ticket to LONDEN!!!

AMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Sneekaz, Thanks for taking the initiative and looking for answers. I'm scrambling here with various scenarios playing out in my head.

hmmm. CEMENT GREYS. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but maybe she is hinting at the og teal/limes being a QS too?

-These had CEMENT GREY in their colorway title. The only other one I believe was the white/grey womens . But as you can see below, for the retro they are named something else.

Because these Fall 2011 White,greys are officially titled: WHITE/NEUTRAL GREY/BLACK-MEDIUM GREY

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-high-fall-2011-colorways-11.jpg

I think she let the cat out of the bag on that one... Please NIKE, confirm this info. I want to get to dancing.

no prob wally thats what i was thinking. but i hope she wasnt confused maybe thinking it would be WHT/BLK CEMENT-GRY INFRARED
Idk where bun b cops from but that is
pimp.gif

I guess we need to keep checking out ebay for some reason I feel these will drop before the fall 11 colorways if she mentioned they released in April. Possibly means they were produced already in april and theyll drop some other date

Originally Posted by BinYe

Samantha was so accomodating...

she actually sounds kinda hot!

*dreams*

laugh.gif

I think Bun B got them straight from Nike, that picture I posted was in a tweet directed to Nike Sportswear.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

I hope they do come out and that it isn't stressful.

When people introduce that the Nike Air Trainer (chlor)
has been retro'd 5 times+ I shake my head because I haven't
seen em in stores for 10 years. Don't need a release like that
on this model.

This thread reminds me of when I first discovered NikeTalk in 2000.
Word.

The reality that is reto nike cross training is depressing.

00 med balls limited to overseas. 3000 pairs..
03 med. balls limited to american retailers. 3000 pairs...
09 med. balls seemed as close to a QS without actually being one.. This  release was mixed in with a half dozen other more HIGHLY available LS- colorways

00 at1 chlorophylls seemed like the last real highly available original colorway at1. So much so that I heard from a few people here that these sat at outlets for under $40.
We know the story for the 02s, 08s, and 09s.. Limited all around to average American consumers.. And it's the same story for many of these other models/colorways. What we've gotten over the years, I am surprised there are any trainer fans left. We've been in a drought since 2001 and a QS now will only add to the drought.

I've told this story so many times but it bears repeating.
I have older generation folks at my gym who are caught off guard when they see at1s being worn how they were when they had them. Explaining to them release types, price points, quickstrikes, limited supply is not an easy task. These people and this GENRE would thrive with more highly available high quality original colorway air trainers.

Sadly a QS won't gain any traction in the fan department for these other og trainers. You need a true am90 infrared like invasion to spur random joes of all walks of life to want and have the ability to obtain them. QS's bring in a whole new breed. But like I said in another rant, I am through with this "spreading the word". Time to be selfish and what better way than a QS.

so what's the official color code that was marked April?

sneekz- that woman said she had the styel/color code, etc. for a release
what;s that information, i don't see it your post?

I come back from vacation and get this!!!
eek.gif
Stoked!

No complaints here, even after all the whining I've been doing the past year or whatever. 2 pairs minimum...

Another NDC chat.. I am through looking for info. I went a direct approach this time stating QS in the product name
------------------------------------
chat_agent.png
Joseph: Hi, my name is Joseph. How may I help you?
chat_agent.png
Joseph: Hey Mark, what can I help with?
chat_enduser_message.png
mark moni: Hello. I have the name of a product. Could you possibly provide any information you have
chat_agent.png
Joseph: Sure, what can I help with?
chat_enduser_message.png
mark moni: NIKE AIR TRAINER SC II QS
chat_agent.png
Joseph: The info on the Air Trainer's is here,
chat_hyperlink.png
 http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-384692/pgid-384694
chat_enduser_message.png
mark moni: Could you look in your system for the QS release?
chat_agent.png
Joseph: Let me check my upcoming launches,
chat_enduser_message.png
mark moni: My understanding is QS means no true release date is set. I am just looking for colorway NAME and style code
chat_agent.png
Joseph: I'm not showing a launch date for those. It may be a quickstrike which would mean that I won't have any info on it.
chat_enduser_message.png
mark moni: But no specifics as to what color or style code?
chat_agent.png
Joseph: I don't show any info on that shoe, you can see all of our upcoming launch info here,
chat_hyperlink.png
 http://help-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3/~/which-styles-will-launch-on-nikestore.com%3F
chat_enduser_message.png
mark moni: okay thank you for your time.
chat_agent.png
Joseph: No worries, is there anything else I can help with today?
chat_enduser_message.png
mark moni: not at this time. thanks
chat_agent.png
Joseph: Thanks for checking in with Nike, have a great rest of the day!
chat_alert.png
Joseph has disconnected.
-------------------------------------

Are they hardcoded not to give out style codes or colorways for QSs
laugh.gif
I isguised my name.. Maybe tomorrow I get a hold of Samantha and get that style code and official colorway name.. That's all I want right now so I can give something to shops or retailers that I call.

In other news, pete @ sneakers.fr posted up this comparison on their messageboard:

Some visible differences noticed right away:
-Forefoot "webtec" arch is less pronounced in the retro, in two spots. Probably because it's fake webtec
-Visible airbag is bigger in retro. Surprise.. A good thing
- Ankle padding collar has a defined area that follows the line of the shoe in the OG. For retro, nothing.

In the scheme of things, very well done from a cosmetic POV. Some would argue webtec makes or breaks these bo jackson shoes. And some would say the toebox shape (which we've seen for almost 8 years now) being off is a another bad sign.. But given what couldve went wrong, and didn't. I guess you have to credit them (Og colorway fiasco aside)

And in true OG form, I threw together this photoshop:
f723547a412b7ea740b51ee63f5f37a6d0be74e_r.jpg

Wally,

Thanks for the update. I would basically liken the "webtec" or lack of it situation on these with the "carbon fiber" situation on the Griffey 2s.  It would be nice and certainly more "true" to the OG, but it really isn't ESSENTIAL.  I think whats more noticeable to me when I tried on these new retros is the way the shoe feels in the toe box area (bigger and much more spacious than I remember), which doesn't necessarily make it feel as locked down or secure, for lack of a better term.  The OGs felt very versatile and fluid when you wore them.  Pretty much right outta the box- not unlike OG Trainer 1s.

Of course, these retros wont be used for anything athletic as the OGs were in my case, and they need not be as tech friendly as some of the newer stuff that exists. These serve their purpose if they drop the right colors and take us back in time for just a few moments.  I am keeping the faith, however at this point, nothing would surprise me.  Probably included in some pack with another shoe we could basically care less about or some kind of hybrid.  Hopefully not the awful trainer 1.3 that has surfaced in pics.  I was really shocked that once they threw a 360 air bag and MP on those pacquiaos, that folks beasted for them.  OF course, diehard Manny guys, i get it, but really??  That shoe would have sat at outlets without the MP or limited tag on it- I guess that proves the "genius" in slapping LTD, QS, HQS, and whatever else Nike comes up with on these things.

I wouldn't count out the retro in terms of the ankle collar definition. The OG collar is un-seated. Whereas the retro is fully seated.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

so what's the official color code of 456610-140 that was marked April?

sneekz- that woman said she had the styel/color code, etc. for a release
what;s that information, i don't see it your post?

yea man didnt ask her yesterday but I did chat with them earlier today here it is.

laugh.gif
wally we probably spoke to the same dude

i forgot the last part but Im pretty sure he said there was a difference, all i wanna know is where and when both are dropping guess i'll play around with the style code # till it shows up or something

^thanks for all the ongoing efforts

10 colorways! gotta be some ogs in there
they should just rattle off the info we are looking for
but no

I think all 10 are accounted for.
3 known summer 11 colorways
3 known fall 11 colorways
3 known winter 11 colorways

Leaving one possible Infrared QS, equaling 10. Although he stated 10 had the 443575 style code. And the person I talked to said they could find nothing with that style code. So there may be one mystery item? Then add in the fact that there may be another style code for the QS's and the number could actually be 12 or so.. This is quite the cold case mystery.

Out of the 10, there would be only two OG colorways.

I was wondering, just how rare are QS releases? I think the manny p tr 1.3 maxs were a QS. Sold out instantly and just numbered into the thousands or less. All QSs in general seem like a sound investment for resellers. What was the zoom huarache alpha listed as? I guess as long as it's not a surprise and I get a chance to pick them up online, I'll go for it. But there's only one shoe reserved for prices greater than $150, and it's NOT these, og colorway or not. (it's the 2000 at1 chlorophyll)

Thanks for the chat-room investigation guys...

This QS nonsense is ridiculous.

Nike Air Trainer SC 2 2011

Black / Black – Varsity Red
443575-001

White/Dark Grey-Neutral Grey
443575-102

White/Dark Grey-Chlorine Blue
443575-100

Style: 443575-104
White/Neutral Grey-Black-Medium Grey

Style: 443575-003
Black/Metallic Hematite-Black

Style: 443575-003
Pure Platinum/Anthracite-Total Orange-Black

Yep the 10th seems to be the stealthy qs whether it be teal/lime or the actual infrared.
I dont know why but maybe cement grey was mixed up to mean wht/blk cemement gry infrared
If its the case then it would remind me of these White/Cement Grey-Infrared-Black am 90s
which were qs (05 or 2010 dont remember):
nike-air-max-90-infrared-qs-1.jpg
nike-air-max-90-infrared-qs-11.jpg
best-of-wdywt-4-26-5-2-07.jpg

Ten different colorways? Really Nike

These are going to hit outlets hard.

By the time the infrared come out, people might be burnt out or already completely turned off.

^ The thing is, they're making 10 different colors, most if not all of which will hit the outlets. Then they make the Infrareds (the color which most people want) potentially a QS... go figure.

QS releases are weird since some times they're like the 2008 infrared AM90s and were the hardest thing in the world to find, or they're like the 2009 white/varsity red AM1s (they even had QS on the label), where there were plenty to go around and even hit outlets eventually. Here's hoping these turn out to be like the latter.

I think we have two options either we try contacting bun b's hookup/connects
laugh.gif
if possible or call up different retailers to see if they have info

QS may legitamize these colorways to the average beast youngin,
but my mind has been set for years and find it annoying

though we all agree that limited doesn't always mean hard to find or pricey

i find myself going into attack mode on these without even any confirmed info
from the original generation of hypebeasts here i will admit

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Just Tweeted Bun B and got a reply... It's looking good folks... get excited!!!!!

@BunBTrillOG Bun B
Yes..coming soon! RT @rchrstphr: @Bunbtrillog yo man, those infrared Trainers you were rocking.. Is Nike releasing those? Do you know?

http://twitter.com/#!/BunBTrillOG/status/67631562459594752

ANNNNNNNNNNNND, NOW... A PICTURE!!!

x2_5f9862c

thanks bungod!

If the infrared colorway drops I hope it's east to get. I saw the chlorine cw in person, pretty decent.

Bun -- next to Cam -- is one of the most humble people in person I know/met in the hip-hop scene.

Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom