FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

just pulled the trigger on the citron colorway. photos posted by corporate sold me. got em for 96 shipped. not bad.

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

feels likes a womens cw to me. now only if they add the keychains...to og retro cw...

Yep, that was my initial reaction upon seeing them.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by DA HEN

WallyHopp,

You make it sound like I'm a uneducated mall customer.  I've been a loyal Nike wearer since 1988 and have been waiting for this shoe since the 90s to come out.  I always wanted them when i was a kid but my parents couldn't afford them.  I'm well aware of the history and significance of this shoe, beautiful design.

At this point in my life, minor shoe details in a retro arent a big deal to me, 5 years ago maybe.  I've got a job, gf, mortgage, home projects, 401k, etc... to keep me occupied.  Minor shoe details like color changes or material differences arent even on my radar.  Boys grow into men, priorities change.

Nike knows what they're doing.  Just because they release a retro shoe doesn't mean they have to release the original colorways.  If you don't like it, dont buy it, keep moving, sneakers should be fun, not an obsession.

DA HEN
I'm sorry, I can't co-sign this at all.  Your right Nike doesn't have to release the original color ways, theres no law that says they do.  But changing the color, and poor color blocking is not a "minor" detail its a major detail.   The OG color ways were very well thought out and they work.  Its like saying well so what they left the neon green off the air max 95 and just made it gold.  Color is VERY significant to the shoe.  Like i stated earlier I'm not going to nit pick about the materials or something is 1/8 of an inch off, but not releasing the original color ways for this release, but releasing them as a hybrid is just plain dumb.  I like the choices of colors for the retros but the color blocking is very poor and honestly if we were wrong, these things would be selling better than they are.  Cool, you have a gf, mortgage, home projects 401k to keep you occupied thats fine, but you do understand your on a website mainly dedicated to sneakers? Also, I don't see the fun in waiting 22 years for a shoe u love as a kid only to see it come out in a bastardized form.   I'm not saying its life or death but this is what we love, its the same thing with cars, video games etc.  as a brand you should understand that market, you should be very well aware of what people want.  Once again, I'm not saying these color ways are completely horrific, but personally if I don't have the OG color ways it makes me LESS inclined to want to own new ones.

I agree with this, but actually I see both sides.

I hate when on a sneaker site, you get other "sneakerheads" telling you suck it up and deal with it, you're complaining and nitpicking too much.

It's what we do. People in to cars they care about horsepower and engine size, another guy just cares which one looks the best or will pull the most girls. Stuff I don't care for, I just ignore or skip over. It's not that difficult to ignore stuff online. Like Wally's 40 page sneakerhead thesis, that got ignored...messing with you man
laugh.gif

Remember guys, we're all here for the same reason
happy.gif

I swear Nike is over there laughing, teasing us... check out these new women's 95's... remind you of anything?

nike-wmns-air-max-95-citron-metallic-blue_02.jpg

eek.gif
laugh.gif
@ those 95's. Really, Nike? REALLY?

I'm holding out for the Infrareds. I've yet to see the Citrons in person. Props to everyone digging up info.

This thread always has my head spinning... went back a couple weeks and seen the back and forth banter regarding colorways, materials, etc. and then also trying to get more info from NDC chat reps.
I want to make one thing clear... this being a sneakerhead forum with a TON of resources, the average reader here is going to be more knowledgeable than your chat rep. Keeping in mind that these chat reps are servicing our general NikeStore.com consumer that is NOT a die-hard sneakerhead. The information flow at Nike is not as widespread and transparent as an outsider would think. When people call / email / chat in and ask questions that we don't know, reps gather those blocks of questions (the ones that we receive in high volume) and then we have to get on our own internal grind and source out that information from throughout campus, whether that's through networking with folks in product creation, talking to peeps over in allocation, or even just getting down and dirty and researching stuff on the sneaker blogs and forums.

Not every single person that works at Nike is a sneakerhead (blasphemous, I know), but what they do have is a passion for the brand, and a desire to help the consumer find what they need. Reps can give out style information and maybe sometimes release dates, but never are they guilty of withholding information that is readily made available for them to give out. Also, not every rep is going to know who Bun B is, or be able to discern what model a shoe is even if you give them a picture... sometimes the systems don't even have pictures of shoes so they have to work off of the style name and color code description.

Anyways, just wanted to let that be known... be nice to our reps and if anyone has an issue with something that's being said on there, get at me.

edit: this might have already been clarified a couple pages back but I don't remember (no release date information):

Nike AIR TRAINER SC II QS

456610-100 WHITE/CMNT GREY-NTRL GRY-CTRN

456610-140 WHITE/INDG NAVY-WLF GRY-INFRRD

Originally Posted by real vip

This thread always has my head spinning... went back a couple weeks and seen the back and forth banter regarding colorways, materials, etc. and then also trying to get more info from NDC chat reps.
I want to make one thing clear... this being a sneakerhead forum with a TON of resources, the average reader here is going to be more knowledgeable than your chat rep. Keeping in mind that these chat reps are servicing our general NikeStore.com consumer that is NOT a die-hard sneakerhead. The information flow at Nike is not as widespread and transparent as an outsider would think. When people call / email / chat in and ask questions that we don't know, reps gather those blocks of questions (the ones that we receive in high volume) and then we have to get on our own internal grind and source out that information from throughout campus, whether that's through networking with folks in product creation, talking to peeps over in allocation, or even just getting down and dirty and researching stuff on the sneaker blogs and forums.

Not every single person that works at Nike is a sneakerhead (blasphemous, I know), but what they do have is a passion for the brand, and a desire to help the consumer find what they need. Reps can give out style information and maybe sometimes release dates, but never are they guilty of withholding information that is readily made available for them to give out. Also, not every rep is going to know who Bun B is, or be able to discern what model a shoe is even if you give them a picture... sometimes the systems don't even have pictures of shoes so they have to work off of the style name and color code description.

Anyways, just wanted to let that be known... be nice to our reps and if anyone has an issue with something that's being said on there, get at me.

edit: this might have already been clarified a couple pages back but I don't remember (no release date information):

A lot of what said was in the heat of the moment. For many, 21-22 years later, it's so close some of us can taste it. And that can play with ones emotions. If this was a Jordan or other nike basketball shoe that was heralded at its time and then 22 years later, finally released in the way that it has thus far, the backlash would be much worse. I would say things have stayed rather civil around here.

No info, misinformation, or lack of great info on what some would consider the most sought after retro since 2000 has people on edge.

The bolded part is all new info. We've been trying to get style codes and colorway titles from NDC chat reps for weeks.. Thanks for that. It means very little to some. But for me, it shows the shoes actually exist. For awhile the reps seemed to not be willing to disclose the QS style code/ full colorway

werent these the citrons that released?
Oh okay the citrons were dark grey neutral grey, but teal isnt mentioned...funny.
white indigo navy?

to clarify, my post was meant to illustrate the lack of information even from *within the nike campus* and not to discourage people in regards to digging for more more information. as one poster stated previously, the chatters / email / phone reps are given a set of tools and information with which to service the consumer. surprisingly, the data maintenance around nike is not up to the par that I would expect it to be based on how big our organization is.

product information can vary from database to database, images can be inconsistent (or most of the time, nonexistent), and everyone within customer service gets sneaker information much like the general public does. that is, through sneaker blogs, other websites, and training materials. but we can only do so much with the little information we're given. i think it's going to take a restructuring and initiative from the top management in order to facilitate information connectivity out to the departments that need it (mainly, retail and customer service, who both touch the consumer directly).

anyways, I don't see any release information for those two styles other than Spring/Summer tentative timelines. and I'm not a chat rep either.

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

werent these the citrons that released?
Oh okay the citrons were dark grey neutral grey, but teal isnt mentioned...funny.
white indigo navy?
This has always stumped me. I have never seen these personally to know if they may be a really dark blue with hints of blue, but we call it black, or if its just a misprint.

The official style code on the 1989 release was :
White/Light Zane Grey/Indigo Navy-Firecracker Red

Now Indigo Navy was also seen on the air trainer III. But in all lighting situations that our eyes could see, it was a true dark navy color.
The Air Trainer High had a white/medium grey- dark navy blue release in 88 and 94 that looked more black than an actual navy blue.

As long as they keep it like the original where it's probably 9 parts black- 1 part dark navy blue, I think we'll be okay.. suguruvstotoro, maybe you can help us since you own the originals in describing the true color of the firecracker red pair.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Weatherman

x2_5f9862c
looking closer at this pick, the "black" parts do look like a dark navy blue, so they musta been dark navy this whole time and we nvr looked close enough!!!
either way i still love em!!

good to see both pair are relesing, even if they are a lame QS
sick.gif

^ It looks like a camera phone picture. (Berry, Android, iPhone, etc.)

A lot of camera phone pictures don't take black in pictures too well. So the black parts end up looking navy, purple, or whatever. Those parts are probably still black.

the data maintenance around nike is not up to the par that I would expect it to be based on how big our organization is.

get off ya high horse and get me my shoes

this is why i like the Retro forum so much.  Everyone can put their two cents in and not get emotional.  Like i said before, i am loving my lime green pair, great shoe.  Its far more comfortable than i thought it would be, I couldnt pass up a pair for 25% off.

i along with many others here think a true retro colorway will drop, just not anytime soon.

Another photo I found via highsnobiety.com
sneakerpedia-launch-event-nyc-23.jpg

The funniest thing about the photos above is that that's all I could find. He was at a sneaker event with cameras and all that, yet they appeared to fly under the radar to most people there. This pair should've been the spotlight shoe. Even a "rare" yet to release original colorway 22 years in the making, some sneaker dudes don't have any interest or knowledge in that shoe. And the sneaker blogs barely picked up on them in that music video with a slight blurb about them. Maybe they are holding back info as well. This is on some sort of conspiracy level. Info is out there. We all are getting peaks of it, but nothing truly confirmed just yet. Blogs speculate on everything but these, they aren't touching them. (good for us I guess). You would think these sneaker shops would know when they are expecting a 20-25 pair shipment
-------------------------------
More photos of the club purple pair @ premier.com
xl_5_24_11trainerprofile.jpg

The NDC catalog photo leads us to believe this may have been a grey leather upper, but it seems to be the same as the citron pair

^ that's an interesting point.

Maybe these aren't as popular as we would like them to be...
Maybe, outside this thread, the general interest isn't that big...
Maybe the sneakerblogs are just looking past it, thinking they're just a typical trainer, cuz they're not Jordans or whatever.
Maybe the sneakerblogs don't know what they are and couldn't care less.

I remember these showing up on SneakerNews' WDYWT article (along with some other Lebrons, Kobes, etc) and in the "comments" section, there was only 1 mention of the SCII's. Most of the comments were directed on those other kicks.
Kids don't know, kids don't care?
Oh and RealVip, thanks for the product-code info.  For most of the reasonable and sensible folks in here, I don't they they're specifically blaming the chatroom staff.  Most of us understand its a case of them just reading off of the screen and doing what they can.  Like Wally said, a lot of it is "in the heat of the moment" frustration because for most of the frequent posters in here, the infrared SCII is very sought-after shoe... Naturally given how Nike's handled the SCII releases thus far, I'm sure you can understand the frustration.

Just went through this thread and these are nice.
pimp.gif

Never really noticed these shoes but Nike should retro the OG colors. Would be a shame not to. 

That purple pair is growing on me, but I know those can be had for low if I just hold on, coulda held on the Citron pair but I really liked those so I jumped at the 30$ discount right off the bat. For what its worth the Citron pair was already marked down in NYC at HYP (Hyperactive) to 89.99 so I'm guessing it wont be long before we see that all over.

And I'm usually not that big of a stickler with the tiny color changes, and if they just dropped some retro + colors and left it at that...we could just chalk it up to usual Nike nonsense. But like most it is beyond irritating to me that they used the correct colorways for those GS hybrids and then leave us with this, but with new info coming pretty consistently I guess we just have to see how it all plays out.

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

That purple pair is growing on me, but I know those can be had for low if I just hold on, coulda held on the Citron pair but I really liked those so I jumped at the 30$ discount right off the bat. For what its worth the Citron pair was already marked down in NYC at HYP (Hyperactive) to 89.99 so I'm guessing it wont be long before we see that all over.

Yeah, I bought the citron pair on ebay for 87.99 Shipped.  They had that 20% off code, plus I get free shipping.    

ok i think we see a little difference between indigo navy and black

Got a little bored and decided to do some photoshops.. some good, some okay.. You can do too much with all of the options you have. It's tough keeping a solid balance. I feel for the designers but at the same time, you can get some really stellar looking stuff going

1. Modified club purple- Less purple makes the purple that is there POP
49815f4a744c1f31276567e4a06d246ac25984b_r.jpg

2. Classic Infrared look sans the black webtec strapping
26f3597d4086709f4c6412cc3057c3b627b635e_r.jpg

3. A twist on the OG teal/limes. Just well thought out in color placement
35135234494c79fa496a1b593292c9289c67726_r.jpg

-Switched lime for teal in the outrigger. And went with a grey sockliner

Now some twists:
4. AT1 chlorophyll inspired with white outrigger and tongue:
c8f1524e76471236d270ad7a94b0996e06de4a0_r.jpg

5. Same as above but in classic OG colorway fashion. Bright outrigger and tongue
7aa3552e49e372714a95142136000c78a6cb519_r.jpg

6 & 7. NY Knick colorways
388257c4137724ab123360b4eee5e846db69025_r.jpg

ab63598d4b2670f5431012773102e7164374a18_r.jpg

8, 9, & 10: Variations of the SC Auburn colorway:
4ec15044724e1f3821f4a683fe32198e6cf1109_r.jpg

88825c14b27bd4651b7350bf47efb8b9a824fb8_r.jpg

8d115843704d1b3753fd5531578a6978fe7df0a_r.jpg

Or maybe you say that the upper needs to change a bit. So let's make it all grey, keeping the toebox leather white
11. Auburn SC esque Purple:
f553599f43897501447310f83a27760787ca48b_r.jpg

12. At1 chlorophyll refined:
38d251d4b67544f61063d265ab19200868e3641_r.jpg

13. Infrared refined:
6b135647457570a8477114653ca8580d8f69452_r.jpg

Good stuff Wally. With the proper blocking, there's so much potential in this shoe.

Back
Top Bottom