FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Originally Posted by Weatherman

^^ What, you mean the way they've evolved to @#%+?

laugh.gif

That may be the worst colorway I have ever seen on ANY shoe, EVER.... in my entire life. What a total eye sore.... Matte synthetic nubuck/suede plus shiny fake pleather PLUS fake webtec that stands out (if its fake, hide that crap like there's no tomorrow. It just doesn't make sense. Fire those fools that make these colorways. I would work at 1/2 their pay grade. Absolutely DISGUSTING.

It makes this air attack pack air trainer III from a few years back look respectable
air-trainer-3-attack-pack-1.jpg

and I initially hated those.

I dont know if im supposed to laugh or cry, sometimes i wonder if nike's tryin to create a new genre for the paralympics.? I mean nobody with a fully clear vision can appreciate garbage like this and actually be serious about it?

FYI, for anyone still interested, zappos still has a full size run of the wht/gry now on sale for $88(not surprising to me). I still don't think they're worth that much, glad I sent mine back...

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

FYI, for anyone still interested, zappos still has a full size run of the wht/gry now on sale for $88(not surprising to me). I still don't think they're worth that much, glad I sent mine back...

Yea still holding out for a lower price on those, still think their the best color way released thus far though

Looks like no Infrared or hot lime/teal trainers are coming out.

If the powers that be finally release any of those colorways, no retailer would carry them because of how poorly the other colorways sold.

Originally Posted by Mister Victory

Looks like no Infrared or hot lime/teal trainers are coming out.

If the powers that be finally release any of those colorways, no retailer would carry them because of how poorly the other colorways sold.
as bitter as i am over this whole ordeal, i'm not completely sure what's gonna happen, a release still wouldn't surprise me
because Nike has become anything but predictable (in a very annoying way)

seriously did they do a market survey and results came up that funeral goers prefer retros in all black colorways?? man that all black colorway might break records at how cheap they will become at the outlets. probably will hit 19.99.

Just came back from a road trip to Grove City, PA. On the way there stopped at Millcreek Mall to see if I could find this shoe - let's just say when I picked the shoe up in Champs & felt/saw it in person I just put it back down
frown.gif

A major disappointment.

The paint job, the plasticky strap... Sorry Nike. As much as I wanted to part money to get these to make up for not being able to afford them back when I was a kid.... seeing how these came out quality wise my common sense kicked in. Painted midsole, stiff perfed upper leather/pleather? Pass.

^^yeah, that's why I immediately sent the pair I ordered from Zappos back. For a shoe that retails for $110 the quality is no where even close to the price your paying. It honestly feels like a $40 shoe. If you were a dude who had no knowledge of the history of the shoe and picked it up in a store and then look at the price tag you'd probably say "cotdam, Nike must be out their mind....!"

Another reason why if the infrareds and/or teals ever release with the current quality, I'm not even bothering...

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

^^yeah, that's why I immediately sent the pair I ordered from Zappos back. For a shoe that retails for $110 the quality is no where even close to the price your paying. It honestly feels like a $40 shoe. If you were a dude who had no knowledge of the history of the shoe and picked it up in a store and then look at the price tag you'd probably say "cotdam, Nike must be out their mind....!"

Another reason why if the infrareds and/or teals ever release with the current quality, I'm not even bothering...
I wish more people were like this but it only seems to happen with trainers. I'll never understand. .

Whenever I go to a Nike Outlet, I feel like I'm in the wrong store. I can't be the only one doing this. I'm a feeler so I tend to grab various pairs of shoes to feel what they are like. 99% feel like Payless quality. I wore payless, kmart, and other cheap brands growing up. I paid that low price, and got the most out of these. I knew what I was getting into. Now a days it seems like the Sherlock Holmes investigative trait comes out when people look at trainers, but nothing else. Their quality stances begins and ends with trainers... I love that stand and mindset but it needs to carry over to other genres.. Right now, it just makes it look like cross trainers are a total joke

---------

Some new photos from ebay of the black outs

Glue stains galore on the back..
eek.gif
Nice
pimp.gif

Seriously.... Did anyone of you expect something different from Nike? ...Really?

This is Nike in 2011. And, believe me, nike shoes from 2012 will be cheaper quality than 2011 (anf those from 2013 cheaper than 2012s). Retros and no retros. More plastic for everyone out there (for Lebron, for Kobe, for Nadal, for.... us).

It's not me who has to tell anyone what to buy or not, but I think it's time for you guys to understand that OG quality will NEVER return. NEVER, NEVER.

The only thing for us is to decide how much we accept to pay for some "2011-quality" SCII... Me, clearly not 110 bucks...

BTW. I'm so sad as all of you for this situation. (But so happy to have the chance to pick most of the OG trainer on my list)

One thing that caught my attention the other day i was checkin out my local Foot locker, was that i couldnt find ONE Nike shoe that had a "premium" (thats what its called nowadays,lol) upper!
Not ONE , all they use is this bs flywire-plastic-"mesh"-netting uppers..and when you finally find a pair that says "leather upper" all you see is that manipulated stiff crap they use. And another funny thing is that Nike keep sayin its more friendly to the environment blah blah..which is funny , cause the same thing would've been expected from ex Adidas..and let me tell you , I bought a pair of RETRO soccer kicks from adidas last month , and that beaauutiful leather upper had the exact same smell as you could feel every time you entered a sneaker store in for ex the early 90's..it just threw me back in time man and the price tag, 69 bux retail!!! Man Nike's really milkin every cent out of their consumers, Im done with Nike , i only buy older retros. I wont return until they give us what's supposed to be out there. Even if were never gonna see OG quality again , well then they will never see my money again. Same thing should be expected from you guys in this thread, since youre one of the few remaining true schoolers in the "game" .

^^ I feel hear ya Rob, Nike's not getting any of my money anymore. Like  you, I will only buy older retros.Thank god for adidas and NB, who still care about quality and fair pricing
smile.gif

I just got back from cross boarder shopping ( Buffalo) and saw the grey,white,black colorway and the neon green ( whatever it was crap that they had) and let me tell you I was not pleased. I had both of these when I was growing up, and told my self if I saw them, for sure i would buy them. Well let me tell you, I did not purchase either of them, and will not even if they go on sale for super cheap. I was in disbelief at how crappy the materials on both were and the feel to them ( Wally I do the same ) were below average. I was so hyped for these, and now Nike can just suck it. I have been really selective in what I purchase from Nike ( which have been very very little over the past 3 years- maybe 5 pairs ) and thank them for there crappy releases. More money in my pocket. Nike you have ruined another shoe for "us", thanks for nothing. 

^^ I think you're thinking of owning the Teal/Limes... the Neon colorway that's out now is a brand new butchering

a little bit of an off topic rant..

sugurustotoro, most of those trainers on your list, any of them wearable? I've been so distraught with Nike the past few years that I just want to sell off anything that isn't wearable. You're a better man than myself if you can keep a fresh collection to look at and adore. I've always said that once my older generation of retros become unwearable, i'll have nothing else to look forward to. My entrance into nike cross trainers may have just as quick of an exit.

btw, a 2000 chlorophyll at1 finally got some deep sole separation on me. I always had minor issues but this one just exploded overnight it seems... I spotted an encapsulated air "hole" common among airbags that have been encapsulated in foam. It may not entirely feel like air is there, but in the earlier retros there is. I have second thoughts about the later retros and what they have in them. Nike's bottom line could leave a lot missing.
18535a7c42a979c34d0811503331dc760fc81aa_r.jpg

------------------

I wouldn't call most of us experts, but you can SO tell in a photo if the shoe will be a quality product or not. The following photo is of the 2005 at1 low ft in black nubuck and real black leather.

2631514068caceb1842c4cc791836abbe0facab_r.JPG

385808_d46aa33b9e_l.jpg

Black leather and black nubuck can work. They have just made a case to never use that combo again on ANY shoe they produce in the future.
a8515f476ac9c9b6c2969241d0f84e08b354004_r.JPG

Even the auto trainer in this similar colorway seems to have better materials. The leather looks to be almost real. It has a certain wrinkled tumbled look to it
nike-auto-trainer-black-gray-white-1.jpg

The discrepancy in quality among various models is quite staggering. It just drives home the point of what type of atrocity level the latest SC II blacks are at.. Many sc high retros can come close. These just appear to be at Nike's lowest level EVER. They've come close before like the raider sc high and the black.grey.purples. Maybe it's the two materials causing conflict but this is an all-time low.

Sadly with so many later 80 shoes being leather, that doesn't seem to be their specialty anymore.. All they can really provide is that thick suede like material or the fake synthetic suede/nubuck. ie the dark black toebox. But occasionally, like the recent butane max retro, they will pump out nice quality on obscure models. So that's where I remain somewhat hopeful they will stumble somewhere along the line and give us something decent for once... The sad reality however, is even when they have made strides to better a retro product, those benefits are not done onto other retros... They had fundamental flaws with the air trainer 1 retro from 2000 in key areas such as a diagonal toebox crease, and then your midsole paint chipping... 2004 rolls around and the air trainer 1 low fixes both of those issues. 2005 through 2011 has seen the same at1 setup as before the 2004 low.. They don't care, and they don't fix glaring issues, even when solutions have been found and done onto other models..

Their lack of control has put me in a sour mood. The only saving grace for me are the older retros I own that are now falling apart at the seams. It's gonna be a bumpy road ahead for me I believe.

Forgive me for the random nature of the post

Back
Top Bottom