FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Mine are creasing up like crazy. I was out and about all day yesterday in the citrons. They now have a vicious crease right near the front hard rubber toe piece (a part of the midsole). It's starts out as a horizontal crease following that white front toe piece and kind of angles downward... I couldn't be happier. Gotta love it because the comfort level is increasing by the wear

pix?
nerd.gif

i'm the opposite of you, it might convince me to rock a shoe tree in mine.
laugh.gif

you dont need to bro, Ive worn mines three times and they still look VNDS. the only that is creasing on mines is on the inside view of the shoe where the grey is. its a slight crease but not really noticeable.

granted the leather on these isnt super premium like the Air Yeezy.but it is like the leather Nike used to put on all their non-tumbled leather shoes in the late 80s-early 00s, only tougher. its comparable to my south beach lebron 8s in terms of toughness and feel to the touch.

Un-DS'd my Infared's yesterday. My pinky toes were killing me. Guess I have to break them in some more
ohwell.gif

check NDC if you missed a size; size 11s appear to be available again, not sure what other sizes were "sold out" previously.

Originally Posted by phreakposite

check NDC if you missed a size; size 11s appear to be available again, not sure what other sizes were "sold out" previously.

AAAANNNDDDD they're gone again...

I don't know... but after all of the online searches, phone calls, forum stalking and waiting that was done this summer, it's kind of sad to see these being whored out on Ebay now.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

^^^ i would say the leather is comparable to the Jordan 6 motor sports  
you know what, it is comparable to the Motorsport VI leather.
anyone find it odd that there's still plenty of popular sizes on NDC? im tempted to cop a second set of these for the future. I have too many shoes to wear these hard, but it wouldnt hurt to double up on these

Here are a few photos after many wears:
Spoiler [+]
Right shoe
6d025554f17e449916a34ef9f011cc083ce30ae_r.jpg

01b252c4137d74021a737c3abf770ee1f159e13_r.jpg

1c015f437043163b285389ec2ac23abbf5e7eb7_r.jpg

dde3515248f074884ac11e5c395b35c2fc0a9dc_r.jpg

Left shoe
02f1544f7d4711343fbd16d1fcd6bf19ae3fe0b_r.jpg

cc11554177461c3f8668ac6eaf558893266884a_r.jpg

I'm not sure what to think. Photos definitely make it seem worse than it really is. Not sure if its a quality control issue as I've never really seen creasing like that at the front.

The actual creasing on the toebox white leather is much more subtle.

I sense it may get not much worse than this. These types of leathers seem to be broken down and in rather quickly, then its smooth sailing for years and years with minimal change in appearance.

welp, size 13's in both colorways sent back to district today. call 'em up if ya need 'em.

district is good peoples. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Those remind me of my trainers from back in 99 and early 21st century
based on that creasing, i do believe that these are in fact creasing like shoes used to back in the day. 
I just wish they used this type of leather on the Auburns. The leather on those were so god awful, they look like beaters after only a few wears.Id like for Nike to redo those, bring out the Infrared SC Trainer IIIs, and do a QUALITY raiders SC trainer III.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Those remind me of my trainers from back in 99 and early 21st century

I just wish they used this type of leather on the Auburns. Id like for Nike to redo those, bring out the Infrared SC Trainer IIIs, and do a QUALITY raiders SC trainer III.

i second that emotion!
roll.gif

i used to get that same crease in the front of the toes on all my old original trainers/cross trainers

when people started talkng about how these crease easily - i immediately thought to myself...
"i wonder if they are gonna crease the same way as my originals did?" looks like they have
deja vu

im thinking the boxy toe box caused those creases, seems since its higher then the og's that may have to do w/it!!. i love how it looks IMO

^nah, it's the shape of the toe box in conjunction with decent relaxed leathers
not the height, but the overall shape
even though the height of the toe box on these is higher than the originals,
the general shape and tapering of the flexible leather down to the toe cap is the cause

i used to only get this type of crease on my og trainers/cross trainers as i remember,
not Jordans or other basketball & tennis shoes.

my 2011 qs' haven't developed the crease...yet

for those that like the black/red gr colorway its dropped all the way down to 69 bucks on eastbay. wonder if it will drop some more?

http://www.kixandthecity.com/nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-2-deep-burgundy/

Earlier this month Nike released two OG flavors of the Nike Air Trainer SC that both featured bright, standout accents. Now, for those looking to make a more subtle statement with their SC Trainer IIs, Nike has released the Deep Burgundy Nike Trainer SC II. A more casual and Fall appropriate look to the legendary training sneaker, the Deep Burgundy Nike Air Trainer SC II features a Deep Burgundy leather and nubuck upper with hits of Black and White. The upper sits on a full White midsole/outsole.

The Deep Burgundy Nike Air Trainer SC II is available now at select Nike accounts including Premier.

xl_9_19_11trainerprofile-e1316462592580.jpg

9_19_11trainerfront-e1316462619241.jpg

9_19_11trainerfrontdetail-e1316462646201.jpg

9_19_11trainerinsole-e1316462677125.jpg

9_19_11trainerback-e1316462702712.jpg

the Burgandy joints are okay at best, but the white throws it off. Speaking of colorways, I made a grape colorway for these. Dont know about the rest of you, but Id cop in a heartbeat

Both of mine came in today. In terms of colorways, Infrareds appeal more than Citrons. Both are nice and have their appealing points.

Back
Top Bottom