Finishline Credit Card errors and Holiday Retro releases

FNLs problem is yeah it says there was an error but it still charges my card each time I attempt to place an order so my card company sees that as suspicious activity and blocks my card from being used...I missed out on olympic 6s off another site on release day thanks to FNLs whack *** system
This brings up a good point I had with the 'Bred' and Concord XI restocks yesterday.  I was receiving, after trying to purchase a second time, an authorization error when trying to check out on FNL website.  What I concluded based on discussions with both Finishline, and my Credit card company is that I was able to get the first order completed.  I went back for more and in the second authorization of my credit card, the CC company denied it as it thought it was a fradulent charge (got a phone call shortly after).  Everytime you hit the submit button on the payment screen its going to try and reach out to the CC company (if that is what you are using) to authorize (these are temp not actual charges).  Now what gets me is when trying to change to Bill Me Later or PayPal it still wouldn't allow it.  I believe when they put these limits up they may work off of your account OR what IP address you are trying to charge from (but then again I don't know because I had success with Bred XIII and III '88s).  But in my case because my CC company on the second (or subsequent try) said 'NOPE' to FNL then FNL said no to me on copping a second pair!!!  This I believe is how the system sort of works.

So I contacted my credit card company and they suggested that I give them a call right before I place the order, so they'd release any potential "fraud prevention flag" from the credit card's end. I just have to give them a round about of the purchase amount. I'm gonna have to try that this weekend for the Royals. With that being said, I hope anyone here with an AMEX card don't call Saturday morning and raise the wait time for me.

i used paypal at first it did 2 holds with paypal at first but 1 automatically reversed like instantly on wc 3 88

then i used my cc and a 20 off rewards and it worked without a hiccup on a 2nd pair 

but giftcards work better if u ever been flagged

FYI...I used a gift card to purchase the All Star KD's this AM...work flawlessly. I went to my local FNL and they had GC's that you can load with up to $250 so it makes it a lil easier, but yes you can use multiple GC's...they obv have to be rekeyed each time.

My account has been "flagged" for a while now.  Missed out on 88s and bred/concord restock.  This morning I purchased a big kids size LeBron Area 72.  Not sure if that counts as a release that would have been flagged or not but, hopefully its a sign my account is back to normal.

My account has been "flagged" for a while now.  Missed out on 88s and bred/concord restock.  This morning I purchased a big kids size LeBron Area 72.  Not sure if that counts as a release that would have been flagged or not but, hopefully its a sign my account is back to normal.
I missed all those as well.  

So I called Paypal about this Friday. Their customer service is fantastic once you get past the machine to an actual person.
The rep told me it is entirely on FNL as their system was trying to charge may PayPal 243 dollars for a 143 dollar purchase. She said PayPal tried to send them the 143 each time I clicked, but FNL sceewed it up by not having the matching amount in their system so it didn't go through.
BTW 143 was KD Vs plus shipping.

Honestly, Finishline and Eastbay, for most people trying to cop, sucks. 

They have issues; they know about their issues; instead of fixing them, they point the finger at PayPal (while simultaneously capitalizing off fans of Jordans, etc.).

I hope they go out of business, or JB permits new competition to enter the big chain shoe retailer market.

FNL and EB need to ****OH with their nonsense already. 

Truth is that Euro sites, albeit a bit pricier, are kicking their *** in the customer service department. They even manage to get the shoes to the states before American retailers. Telling. 

I didn't even bother with FNL yesterday. Just sticking to FTL and Family + NDC. I was able to get the 3s and Joker 1s, albeit with a lot of clicking and refreshing.

All of these sites are flawed, IMO. NDC with shoes disappearing minutes before twitter links. FNL with their payment issues and SPA (which they tell you is fair but not really, it doesn't prioritize by time). And we all remember EB and FTL with the Bred 13s.

These sites aren't made for the demand placed on their infrastructure.

Well, I called FNL again and was notified I am still flagged. The CSR said there was nothing she can do about it. There's nothing to remove a flag from a customer. All these poor CSRs can do is provide words of encouragement and comfort.

Oddly enough, I made a purchase for New Balance Shoes on their site using my credit card.

I sent them an email to complain about it.

I also came across this article on a shoe blog:

http://www.icysole.com/2013/02/finishlinecom-payment-processing-errors.html

Last edited:
^

Did you ask the CSR why you were able to purchase a pair of new balances if you were still flagged?

Finishline cancels international orders, they track IP address. I already used a 3rd party shipping company but failed.
Might as well go FTL, FA or CHM

lol yall stupid i have never experienced any problems with FNL they are the best for online releases. them and NDC. everyone else is trash. maybe its yall banks processing methods or maybe yall entering the numbers in wrong. or maybe some of yall just aint got the funds

Will they ask for **** like billing address, etc if you use a gift card, w?

Last edited:
lol yall stupid i have never experienced any problems with FNL they are the best for online releases. them and NDC. everyone else is trash. maybe its yall banks processing methods or maybe yall entering the numbers in wrong. or maybe some of yall just aint got the funds

Were stupid? U are a joke dude.

Really?

All these people having these in depth problems and convos with customer service....

Did a jabroni even read the post?

Or just see the title and decide to spew crap?

Go back and read before u post.

Back
Top Bottom