Finishline Credit Card errors and Holiday Retro releases

I tried 4 different cc's this past Saturday for the Retro 12s. All were rejected by FNL. I had almost given up but then tried once more with the first card and it finally went through. I now have multiple holds on 4 different cc accounts.

What a joke...here is the latest update now, plus the whole story:

The mystery of FNL continues...

When I receive my order will call them again to ask how come was I able to order even though have 30 days ban...

Their customer service is a joke. They know nothing.
Logging into Shopdiscover then logging into FNL account and checking out direct has worked flawless "fingers crossed" for a while now.
Its something with paypal and their system. No one has the answer.

What a joke...here is the latest update now, plus the whole story:

The mystery of FNL continues...

When I receive my order will call them again to ask how come was I able to order even though have 30 days ban...

Their customer service is a joke. They know nothing.
Logging into Shopdiscover then logging into FNL account and checking out direct has worked flawless "fingers crossed" for a while now.
Its something with paypal and their system. No one has the answer.

So you just checked out without PayPal?

I tried that before and got screwed. I'll try it again for the gammas.

Thanks for the tip though.

If it's not credit card issues then they're canceling orders because their inventory management is horrible

Haha some dude on here got cised

"Finishline said they would stock locate the gamma xi for me tomorrow( which was monday)!!!"

......wanted to hit em with the Ren voice
"You iiiiiiiiidiot"

Stock locate on the hottest shoe two days after release? Come on now.

I got endless amount of Ls from unauthorized payment errors. I've tried many different payment methods on FNL. I think i'm just going to give up on shopping with them until they change their checkout system.

Last edited:
I tried copping the Gamma XI's from them and could not get through. I tried using Paypal because I refused to use my credit card directly since you have to wait days to get the transactions off your card if the order doesn't go through. The last time I was successful on their site was for the Cavs IV's. FNL is only good SOMETIMES when you can actually get the item you want into your cart. They are horrible when it gets to the actual checkout though. I have no experience on Foot Locker, Champs Sports, Eastbay, or Footaction except on FL, EB, and CS I got lucky and managed to get the KD VI Christmas in my cart on those sites. I haven't ordered through them just yet but they are probly much more easier than FNL, it's just the matter of getting the item into your cart. Nike's checkout is easy, but kinda hard to get through since you have to wait in line to get the item into your cart. I got really lucky on the KD VI Christmas on there and got through paying with PayPal. Easy and quick checkout with Nike, but you have to be quick and have a spot in line as soon as they drop the link. I'd much rather deal with them than FNL.

I'm gonna throw a wrench into that theory. I got the error on fire red 5s multiple times. I noticed I was charged and cancelled on my five submissions. Even called them to make sure and they were like no, everything was cancelled. A week later, two pairs show up. No invoice in the box, but two charges were reversed from cancelled to complete.

I still have a "processing" order for the Gamma 11's from FNL. Keep telling me they're searching store inventory (good luck finding it), but now my pending charge has fallen off. Really just waiting for cancellation. It's not the first time they've done this to me, even though I ordered 2 hours before they sold out of my size. I dunno how they go about fulfillment, but I'm tired of them. FNL CS and I have gone back and forth on this for a week now, and I've basically railed them for their crappy business methods (points which they conveniently won't address in any responses). They keep telling me a pair is coming though.

Last edited:
I've never had trouble using my Amex card on FNL. goes straight through as long as the item isn't sold out. 

Rising this thread from the grave..

Had multiple issues with FNL this week trying to order the XI 72-10 and XII Master restock as well the XII French Blues yesterday. I've had orders go through the website only to get rejected a few hours later as well flat out getting rejected all day Saturday trying to purchase the French Blues.

Spoke to FNL on the phone this morning and they flat out told me I've been blacklisted from making purchases (since March 14 I attempted 40 purchases on Jordan's).. I'm waiting to hear back to see if they will unblock me etc. 
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
 I don't think it is an IP ban because I can still access thru the web and mobile phone.

For now, I'm assuming that I can buy some Gift Cards and make purchases through that method. Or get the GF involved and have her be the plug for the foreseeable future.

Has this happened to anyone or any advice you can give me?
roll.gif

Thanks NT.

@TrickyT your best bet would be getting the GC from physical FNL store. You would have same issue purchasing the GC online. I had the same issue a while back. However, I've bought some shoes online lately with no issue, including 72-10 on the original release date.

Thanks for the reply - yeah I assumed that as well.

I guess I'll need to get a few gift cards from the store here then try purchasing online for the next major release.

Appreciate the help - hope that this is resolved sooner rather than later. 

@TrickyT
your best bet would be getting the GC from physical FNL store. You would have same issue purchasing the GC online. I had the same issue a while back. However, I've bought some shoes online lately with no issue, including 72-10 on the original release date.
so your saying if i bougt the fnl gc online it would give an error trying to check out?

GCs will have processing errors too. I bought GCs before and not only will they not work consistently but they will take funds off the gc balance with no orders made. I much rather use my cc. At least I don't have my funds tied up.

Rising this thread from the grave..

Had multiple issues with FNL this week trying to order the XI 72-10 and XII Master restock as well the XII French Blues yesterday. I've had orders go through the website only to get rejected a few hours later as well flat out getting rejected all day Saturday trying to purchase the French Blues.

Spoke to FNL on the phone this morning and they flat out told me I've been blacklisted from making purchases (since March 14 I attempted 40 purchases on Jordan's).. I'm waiting to hear back to see if they will unblock me etc. 
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
 I don't think it is an IP ban because I can still access thru the web and mobile phone.

For now, I'm assuming that I can buy some Gift Cards and make purchases through that method. Or get the GF involved and have her be the plug for the foreseeable future.

Has this happened to anyone or any advice you can give me?
roll.gif

Thanks NT.
Blacklisted for what? Only Jordan purchases? You haven't tried to buy anything else?

You would think for a company struggling as much as FNL that they'd allow anyone in. You know bots lord over them too.
laugh.gif

Wouldn't be surprised if I am too. Haven't been able to buy from there in a couple years now. I took advantage of their no limit purchases because they didn't care to enforce it. Don't care enough to give them any more money really. I get my shoes elsewhere.

Last edited:

Blacklisted for what? Only Jordan purchases? You haven't tried to buy anything else?

You would think for a company struggling as much as FNL that they'd allow anyone in. You know bots lord over them too.
laugh.gif

Wouldn't be surprised if I am too. Haven't been able to buy from there in a couple years now. I took advantage of their no limit purchases because they didn't care to enforce it. Don't care enough to give them any more money really. I get my shoes elsewhere.
Spoke to customer service again today - flat out told me their system has banned me from making any purchases for a 30 day period on their site using my information.

Apparently trying a ton of transactions on the NMD and Jordan's has flagged my account.

I'll be using the GF credit cards for the next month. Smh

You would think for a company struggling as much as FNL that they'd allow anyone in. You know bots lord over them too. :lol:

Spoke to customer service again today - flat out told me their system has banned me from making any purchases for a 30 day period on their site using my information.

Apparently trying a ton of transactions on the NMD and Jordan's has flagged my account.

I'll be using the GF credit cards for the next month. Smh

If I were you, I'd try to order something now just to confirm you are really banned. Free shipping tho and if you can return them easily.

Back
Top Bottom