FIREPOWER: Pacquiao vs. Cotto 11.14.09

Pacquiao%20vs%20Cotto%20Firepower.jpg

All the talks, previews, analysis, news etc. regarding the fight...

To heat things up...

Shaq wants to lead Pacman to ring forbout
By Abac Cordero (The Philippine Star) Updated October 19, 2009 12:00AM

spo3.jpg

Shaquille O'Neal

MANILA, Philippines - Shaquille O'Neal leading Manny Pacquiao up to the ring against Miguel Cotto?

Well, to Pacquiao's chief trainer, Freddie Roach, it sounds a good idea.

The hottest trainer in boxing today said the bulging NBA superstar had thought of leading Pacquiao to the ring although Roach said he has yet to take it upwith Pacquiao seriously - barely four weeks the fight set at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Roach said that awhile back, during the NBA break, he had the chance to give the 7-1 O'Neal, who wears size 23" shoes, some boxing lessons in LosAngeles, and the former Laker superstar brought up the idea and offered himself for the role.

"He sounded like he really wanted to do it," said Roach, not forgetting that a couple of wrestling superstars have led Pacquiao up the ring in hisprevious fights.

Former World Wrestling Entertainment champion "The Undertaker" was the first to play the role when he led Pacquiao in his march up the ring forhis fight with Hector Velasquez at the Staples Center in 2005. And for the Ricky Hatton fight last May, it was Dave Batista, with Filipino blood, leadingPacquiao to the ring.

So, why not O'Neal?

Roach said the NBA player who weighs over 300 lb is such a fun guy to be with.

"I saw his shoes in the gym and I wanted to keep them as souvenir so I tried to steal them. But they wouldn't fit in my gym bag so Ihad to leave them behind," said Roach, who recalled the incident with a smile.

O'Neal learned about it, and the next thing Roach knew was that the future NBA Hall-of-Famer had sent him a pair.

"They were so huge they looked like a kid's toy truck," said Roach of the giant fellow.

"In the gym, I had to put vaseline on his face and I had to use a stool to do that," said the American trainer, almost laughing.

He really has nothing against the idea of O'Neal being up there on the ring with Pacquiao.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=515531&publicationSubCategoryId=69

everyone wants to be in pacman's entourage nowadays.i have nothing against shaq walking manny to the ring,just don't let him get to a mic and startbusting rhymes.

Manny in round 8. A Straight right and a left hook to finish the fight

Everybody went home happy, Manny a seven division champ.

Summer 2010, money vs. manny. The fight went to distance.

Money by decision. Rematch. Trilogy. Greatest.

Ali who?

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jason16

Manny in round 8. A Straight right and a left hook to finish the fight

Everybody went home happy, Manny a seven division champ.

Summer 2010, money vs. manny. The fight went to distance.

Money by decision. Rematch. Trilogy. Greatest.

Ali who?

pimp.gif
manny = the real thrilla in manila

Pareng Jason, if Manny stops filming crappy movies and starts focusing, I'd like to believe that he'd win that match against Money
happy.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sickchasedsam

Pareng Jason, if Manny stops filming crappy movies and starts focusing, I'd like to believe that he'd win that match against Money
happy.gif
laugh.gif

Next thing you'll know, its Pacman 2016
laugh.gif
. rooting for money is sounfilipino
mad.gif

I Still Believe that manny gonna win this one.

Then give Mayweather a beating of a life tym!!
laugh.gif

Team Pacquiao not concerned with ex-cutman's loyalty shift

Team Pacquiao is not concerned one bit that a former comrade is now working for the enemy.

In an interview with GMANews.TV, Filipino trainer Buboy Fernandez said they are aware that former cutman Joe Chavez is already working for Puerto Rican MiguelCotto.

Fernandez said at first they were surprised to see Chavez working in Cotto's when the Puerto Rican fought and won over Joshua Clottey last June in NewYork.

"Nung nakita nga namin si Joe noong laban kay Clottey tinanong agad ako ni Manny. Sabi ko naman paghandaan na lang natin.Hindi naman naging mahirap yung adjustment namin kaya siguradong walang epekto kung ano man ang ibigay ni Joe kay Cotto," saidFernandez.

Last week, Chavez was quoted as saying that he knows Pacquiao's weaknesses and that he plans to share with Cotto his knowledge regarding the Filipino'sflaws.

"When attacked, he (Pacquiao) doesn't know what to do," Chavez told the Puerto Rican paper El Nuevo Dia.

Chavez was in Pacquiao's corner during the pound-for-pound king's return bouts with Juan Manuel Marquez and Marco Antonio Barrera.

But Fernandez assured they are going to apply a different fight plan that will ensure Pacquiao's victory next month. Fernandez said Chavez is sure to getthe surprise of his life once the famed cutman sees a different Pacquiao in their next outing.

Incidentally, Pacquiao is also set to tap another cutman who previously worked with Cotto in Miguel Diaz.

Meantime, Pacquiao is all set to leave this Saturday for the United States where they will complete the last three weeks of their training at the famed WildCard Gym of Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach.

Pacquiao will battle Cotto in a 12-round world welterweight title clash on November 14 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Boxing seems to be sounding Politics nowadays...a lot of jumpship, betrayal and loyalty checks...what matters most are paychecks and dollar signs...

Pac by ko inside 9 rounds. Unless Cotto decides to pull a Ricky

Im a bit concern on how manny trained for this fight. All the side shows and everything.

i would have to say pac 7th rd KO. like what my boy told me after watching 4 hrs of cotto's youtube vidz, the key for pac is the left straight. cotto'sstance has his 2 arms forming a triangle, which leaves the chin open in the middle. i think croach already know...

If Cotto sticks to the counterpunching gameplan, I see Manny jumping on him in rounds 1 and 2. This should result in Cotto reverting back to his old wayswhich, in my opinion, opens him up to either a right or left hook. Though I don't necessarily see him getting knocked down in the first two rounds, thistotally takes him out of his preparations and when this happens, Pac should start breaking him down with punches to the body as well.

Pac by stoppage in Round 7 or 8
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom