First impressions of New York City...

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

lmao at Badham. I'd take class over a s s .

ghetto hoodrats from "da heightz"?? passssssssss

"super fake chicks"?

yea, in the movies

NY has weather under 40 degrees and heat and humidity over 100 degrees, it's hell year round. LA and SD have 75 deg weather year round
pimp.gif

and LA is super diverse
pimp.gif

Cali>>>>>>>>*
Dude DC and NY IS MAD DIVERSE. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by Beats05

My 10-week summer job in NYC convinced me NYC>Nor Cal.  I went to college and go to grad school in the Bay, grew up in Sac.  My "city" trips to SF are going to be a letdown from here on out.  Definitely moving to NYC after graduating.

People like you make me sick.
indifferent.gif
So quick to take a dump on the city you grew up in. I went to NYC in 06 and it was the greatest experience of my life thus far. But theres still no place like home.
How is that wrong in any way? If the city/town you grew up in sucked, then there's nothing wrong with expressing it. It's not like your parents who you have to show gratuity to, it's a city where you grew up. It didn't do anything for you, why should you pretend to like it when you didn't?

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by Beats05

My 10-week summer job in NYC convinced me NYC>Nor Cal.  I went to college and go to grad school in the Bay, grew up in Sac.  My "city" trips to SF are going to be a letdown from here on out.  Definitely moving to NYC after graduating.

People like you make me sick.
indifferent.gif
So quick to take a dump on the city you grew up in. I went to NYC in 06 and it was the greatest experience of my life thus far. But theres still no place like home.
How is that wrong in any way? If the city/town you grew up in sucked, then there's nothing wrong with expressing it. It's not like your parents who you have to show gratuity to, it's a city where you grew up. It didn't do anything for you, why should you pretend to like it when you didn't?

Nyc was the first city i ever been to. After that being my first city experience, all others after that seemed to pale in comparison..

Nyc was the first city i ever been to. After that being my first city experience, all others after that seemed to pale in comparison..

Chicago Til The Day I Die
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But man, I've been to NYC about 4 times...3 as a youngin, and once this past summer so I was 21 and on my own ready to roam
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The City is truly DOPE 
pimp.gif
eek.gif

I Mean the Women were .....(makes sign of father son and holy spirit) God Bless the amounts of mass i seen out there
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
.. I was out in NY for 2 1/2 weeks. Posted up In long Island w/ the famo but took the LIRR everyday from Mastic to Penn Station. I love the vibe of the overall city man it's just a dope place to be... I literally was on my own for the days I was in the city because my lil bro was out there in a Drama program for Theatre...I went to the USA vs. FRANCE & P.R vs. CHINA game at the Garden
pimp.gif
, went to see Rock of Ages on Broadway, Shopped, and even went to Greenhouse night club w/ one of my Guys from back home who was on vaca at the same time, made my trip that we were in a private booth with bottle service choppin it up with Statik Selektah 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Considering of Making a Move out there after College just to get away from some of the B.S at home...But I know its mad expensive, trying to land a nice Communications/Marketing Job out there
nerd.gif

Still...Chicago > NYC 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chicago Til The Day I Die
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But man, I've been to NYC about 4 times...3 as a youngin, and once this past summer so I was 21 and on my own ready to roam
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The City is truly DOPE 
pimp.gif
eek.gif

I Mean the Women were .....(makes sign of father son and holy spirit) God Bless the amounts of mass i seen out there
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
.. I was out in NY for 2 1/2 weeks. Posted up In long Island w/ the famo but took the LIRR everyday from Mastic to Penn Station. I love the vibe of the overall city man it's just a dope place to be... I literally was on my own for the days I was in the city because my lil bro was out there in a Drama program for Theatre...I went to the USA vs. FRANCE & P.R vs. CHINA game at the Garden
pimp.gif
, went to see Rock of Ages on Broadway, Shopped, and even went to Greenhouse night club w/ one of my Guys from back home who was on vaca at the same time, made my trip that we were in a private booth with bottle service choppin it up with Statik Selektah 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Considering of Making a Move out there after College just to get away from some of the B.S at home...But I know its mad expensive, trying to land a nice Communications/Marketing Job out there
nerd.gif

Still...Chicago > NYC 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

born raised in nyc and honestly speaking im getting real tired of the political landscape.
i love nyc to death but clearly there are problems here that need to be fixed
night life in the city? good luck finding any real new yorkers. usually they are kids from other states coming into the city for school or long island people

born raised in nyc and honestly speaking im getting real tired of the political landscape.
i love nyc to death but clearly there are problems here that need to be fixed
night life in the city? good luck finding any real new yorkers. usually they are kids from other states coming into the city for school or long island people

it's funny when I see these things, I'm born and raised in New York so I'll never have that feeling of amazement seeing NY for the 1st time, there is no place in the Country I'm assuming that would leave an impression like NY can. Overseas is another story.

it's funny when I see these things, I'm born and raised in New York so I'll never have that feeling of amazement seeing NY for the 1st time, there is no place in the Country I'm assuming that would leave an impression like NY can. Overseas is another story.

when it comes to these discussions i can't take peoples opinions seriously unless they've been to other places before and spent significant amount of time in those places..

i got friends who've lived in LA their entire life and haven't been anyplace else yet they swear LA is the best place in the entire world

i got friends in NY that barely even leave their own borough let alone travel outside of NY and they swear their own borough > the other 4 boroughs > the rest of the world.

I've spent most of my life in LA and a few years plus good chunks of every summer and winter when I wasn't in school in Harlem and the Bronx. I would prefer living in NY but i can honestly see why there's so many transplants in Southern California who made the move and haven't looked back. It all depends on the lifestyle you wanna live to me.

when it comes to these discussions i can't take peoples opinions seriously unless they've been to other places before and spent significant amount of time in those places..

i got friends who've lived in LA their entire life and haven't been anyplace else yet they swear LA is the best place in the entire world

i got friends in NY that barely even leave their own borough let alone travel outside of NY and they swear their own borough > the other 4 boroughs > the rest of the world.

I've spent most of my life in LA and a few years plus good chunks of every summer and winter when I wasn't in school in Harlem and the Bronx. I would prefer living in NY but i can honestly see why there's so many transplants in Southern California who made the move and haven't looked back. It all depends on the lifestyle you wanna live to me.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

NYC is appreciated, NY State outside of the 5 borroughs is basiclly Ohio.

Still the city is appreciated, as long as you have friends and like going out, there's always something to do.
Calling NY State outside of NYC Ohio is generous. Having spent the last 4 years in Central New York, I would compare it to the Dakotas or another Midwestern state. Upstate NY is a barren wasteland. There is literally nothing up there. Binghamton is a dump, Syracuse is
sick.gif
and I don't know much about Rochester or Buffalo.

Buffalo is 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

absolutely nothing to do except shop which is the only reason why canadians go to buffalo. its pretty ohio-like especially in the hood. people have graffiti on the front door of their houses.

we drove by a bodega and there was one dude standing outside wearing jean shorts that touched his ankles 
roll.gif

Still the city is appreciated, as long as you have friends and like going out, there's always something to do.
Calling NY State outside of NYC Ohio is generous. Having spent the last 4 years in Central New York, I would compare it to the Dakotas or another Midwestern state. Upstate NY is a barren wasteland. There is literally nothing up there. Binghamton is a dump, Syracuse is
sick.gif

Buffalo is 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

absolutely nothing to do except shop which is the only reason why canadians go to buffalo. its pretty ohio-like especially in the hood. people have graffiti on the front door of their houses.

we drove by a bodega and there was one dude standing outside wearing jean shorts that touched his ankles 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

sick.gif

Buffalo is 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
Most of NY state is like that

You ain't been in a real hood till you been to Binghamton or Newburgh

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

sick.gif

Buffalo is 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
Most of NY state is like that

You ain't been in a real hood till you been to Binghamton or Newburgh

Back
Top Bottom