First Ipad installed in a car PT 3 Up

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I would love to have that in my car... but other than that would not buy it for anything else

It looked good mocked up. Seems like a pretty simple install too.

The only problem I see if the glare that would kill the screen.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I'm sure it can be removed for syncing, etc right?

If so then
eek.gif
can you imagine using your itunes without a cd player, having itunes movies on there, gps, etc?
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you havent seen an ipod dock in a car before?
I have a kenwood cd player and I had to pay $100 for the charger/adapter and it's awkward to switch albums and stuff. This seems a lot more seamless. And if you can just attach it to a stock cd player the $500 price tag doesn't seem like a lot for a huge in-dash dvd player (minus dvd), in dash music player, turn by turn gps, internet browser, etc.

I know you can do it all on an ipod/iphone but I like the idea a lot
I always use my iPhone navigation when i'm driving and using an iPad instead would be sick but apple still hasn't developed turn by turn directions yet and I wouldn't trust that crappy at&t network.  Maybe if I installed internet in my car and had a fast connection.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Think about smaller automobile LCDs that used to cost at least double and were just crappy monitors and nothing else.

Can't beat this for a $500-$600 10" car audio/video monitor that offers so much in the way of application development. It's really kind of limitless when you think about all the innovative applications that have been created for the iPhone, which will be developed for this thing

More than 600

he needs the processor(audison bit 1) to feed the signal to the amps..that's another 700

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

That glare on the screen
sick.gif
That was my immediate thought. They need some sort of matte cover to put on that because that glare is terrible.

NOT the first, This shop is right down the street from me and another shop did it a few days before they did.........Dude's at Sound Man are some super lames

Wouldn't it have been easier to just modify an existing iPhone car charger/mount? I saw some sketches of something like that like 3 months ago...looked pretty good.

Then you could just unplug it and take it with you or something.

Just, you know...built stronger to support the weight of the iPad.

31XLl4RTbgL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Leaving it in ya car = Fail

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I'm sure it can be removed for syncing, etc right?

If so then
eek.gif
can you imagine using your itunes without a cd player, having itunes movies on there, gps, etc?
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you havent seen an ipod dock in a car before?
I have a kenwood cd player and I had to pay $100 for the charger/adapter and it's awkward to switch albums and stuff. This seems a lot more seamless. And if you can just attach it to a stock cd player the $500 price tag doesn't seem like a lot for a huge in-dash dvd player (minus dvd), in dash music player, turn by turn gps, internet browser, etc.

I know you can do it all on an ipod/iphone but I like the idea a lot
looks nice, but i'll stick with my kenwood dnx9140 ....how many people willing to tear up there interior too install a ipad
grin.gif
...custom fabrication cost major $$

Just a little crappy 2 minute photoshop...

But a little more practical...

No way I'd wanna rip out the dash in my new car for a damn iPad.

2ymy9ag.png

laugh.gif
@ the owl....

Pretty pointless since that's the wifi version. That thing is pretty useless in a car unless you have the 3g version. I mean it would be good for music and movies but the nav and internet wouldn't work unless you're parked near a building with wifi.

Cool as hell but i'll pass, the summer heat will fry that iPAD in a Nano second,lol

But if it can withstand the heat and wasnt so big and bright while i was driving at night, i would copp 4 sure.

Back
Top Bottom