First Look: Air Jordan 2K9 / 2009 (real pix)

T-Mac's?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Method Man

Sorry, Iversons are made by Reebok and must be posted in the Other Brands foru- wait.... that's the new Air Jordan?

There's never been a better time to quit collecting.

Of this unholy Fantaposite / Reebok Spectacle / Jordan XIV amalgam, I will say this:

The upper will be revised. That's not even open to conjecture. The outsole, however, is historically less likely to change.

Longtime NT users, and there are fewer of you left after these pictures than there were before, I'm sure, will no doubt recall our first glimpse at the AJ XVII in 2000:

89f1516badb2fb2b4bc1da3994fee732952e76e.jpg

I've no doubt the product will improve and we've certainly seen worse in recent years. (The XIX and XXI spring to mind.)

Personally, I'm curious to find out how this rates as a sustainability product compared to the Jordan XX3. The brand has a nasty habit of introducing one ill conceived gimmick after another in Air Jordans that, for obvious reasons, never stick.
In the glory years, the product followed a steady progression. The best performance aspects of preceding models were carried forward. You can see how the IV evolved into the V, VI, VII, and VIII, how the XI grew out of the IX and X, paving the way for the internal lacing system of the XIII. The carbon fiber shank plate and zoom air of the XI became mainstays. (until the XV, of course, though that was the antithesis of a performance product.) Lately, what failures have they attempted to pawn off as the next big thing? Carbon comfort insole? One and done. "Tech flex?" The only place you can find it now is the chinese fingertraps at the dollar store. "IPS?" With the XXIII, they waved the white flag on that one. Somehow, I don't see this "revolutionary" heel design remaining a part of the line beyond 2009 - assuming, of course, there is a flagship beyond 2009.

You get the sense that an actual engineer designed the prosthetic leg being mimicked here. Why they thought they could simply slap that on to the heel and have it work the same way is simply beyond me. That's like affixing a pair of wings to the family truckster with a hot glue gun and assuming that you've invented a flying car. The prosthetic leg was well engineered for its intended purpose. Slapping a curved scrap of rubber on the heel of a shoe and gluing it to some polyurethane as a cheap analogue probably won't achieve quite the same effect for basketball players. I'd love to be proved wrong. To me, it just looks like a repackaged shox column that, like the prosthesis it emulates, was clearly not designed with lateral stability in mind.

eek.gif
X 100! I remember when we thought those were releasing and everybodyhated them!

------------------------------------------

But another note:

sick.gif
for the 2009. Simply GARBAGE. Nothing will ever make me buy another AirJordan signature model again.

I'm glad the numbered Jordans ended at 23...because this sure doesn't deserve to be included in them.
smh.gif

Since this is probably nothing more than a prototype, I won't give my opinion yet, but they do look like an alternate version of the XIVs.

Well now. I wasn't expecting them too look good, so my hopes are not crushed. I dont really think anyone here was expecting anything great.

Originally Posted by LIQI2345

this happens everytime
first pics="those are wack/ugly"
final product="multiple pairs"
My thoughts exactly.

I'm not saying anything yet. I have give it a try to grow on me.

I see that JB went away from the sig. line feel to a sleek "team shoe" feel. Hopefully there will be some alterations since this is a sample, but for$190 dollars this could quite possibly be the worse shoe JB ever created for the money they are asking for. Now if it were $100 maybe things would bedifferent, but damn JB.

WOW that could well be the ugliest shoe i've ever seen. looks like the sigz died at 23 for me! gonna be more early retros instead yet again!
thanks for the pics tho, the renderin was pretty damn close to the real thing in the earlier post hey!

Back
Top Bottom