First Look: Air Jordan Flipsyde Jordan Brand Skate Shoe

I'm not sure if it's just me, but these immediately came to mind...

eamhe0.jpg

Funny thing skater use to rock chuck's and the jordan 1 almost exclusively. If you get thrasher mag's from back then in almost every pic they arewearing 1's. So the question if your going to do a "skate shoe" why not just roll with what works. Instead of making another shoe no one wantswhy not just make a 1 that will work like a skate shoe.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

I'm not sure if it's just me, but these immediately came to mind...

eamhe0.jpg
YES!!! I was just about to post this. Especially the lateral side and toebox. Bulky skate shoe = instant fail. Ripzone makes a skate shoe that alsolooks similiar to this. And for those that don;t know, Ripzone is the first step up from having cardboard on your feet.

Originally Posted by Jbrad74

Originally Posted by Method Man

Simpsons13x17-Gump_Roast-jumpingtheshark.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif

What makes it even more funny is probably a good 90% of people here doesnt know what the picture signifies.

Really? I guess they ain't learned good like you, huh?
eyes.gif

And Meth, we get it. You hate the "new" Jordan Brand. Every new release you have one of your several hundred "clever" pictures, ready topost. They aren't going to go back to the company you used to know. Approach their new direction with an open mind, or move on. Or at the very leastpresent some reasons as to why you dislike it. I am convinced at least a few of these kids see your posts and hate on it just becuase you are...

i honestly don't know why they did this. they should have just modified the flight23/bigfund silohuette. and since jordan wants to use jordans asinspirations with such things as sizzikes and stinkrings. they should have done a aj1 high cut with similar treatment as the DUNK, a minimalized II such as thewhite/cement olschool, and/or the upcoming 3 looking shoe.

the triple stitching around the toe guard is a nice touch. the heel tab is garbage. the lacing system should have been internal or a new way. the tree camo isugly, stick with the cement if it is a 3 inspired as visible from the lacing holders. the tongue looks really flat. the grip pattern looks decent.

overall, it looks like a marshalls/tjmaxx/makavelli shoe. when you look at it, from a basic consumer view, all i see is the jumpman, but there is no"heartattack falling in love" feeling such as that of a retro can create from first glance.

it just isnt the same, seeing jordan take the transition. let it go gentry let it go!

They keep whoring out the jumpman. They problem there is that the jumpman is not like the swoosh. The swoosh is smooth and sleek, and can be put on alot ofplaces on a shoe and look good, while the jumpman cannot.

Back to the post topic. I think these shoes look horrible.

I think they would have been better off scrapping the AJ Fusion 3 and making a Jordan 3/Skate hybrid. If you are going to start a new direction with JB(skating), then bring in some of Mike's history. As it is, with the Fusion 3 already coming out, we've already got too much of this fusion mess.

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by PackersGotMe

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by Method Man

Simpsons13x17-Gump_Roast-jumpingtheshark.jpg
Funny.
roll.gif

As I sit back and contemplate, the only thing funnier is this: How many times can you jump the shark? Or better yet, how many times will Jordan Brand do it?

I guess most people dont know what the picture means. I think JB has been very lucky not to bomb in most of the things they do, they're final jump is definitely coming up with those 08' Olympic VI's. They have already lost their core consumers, next is the mainstream...
COMPARATIVELY speaking, the Olympic 8s are ALMOST a natural progression; they are a retro with a repulsive colorway ("I'm repulsed, but Ican't look away"). The Jordan Skate shoe moves totally away from their core demographic.

Did JB even spend some money on research and development for these? It looks like a couple of their designers played a couple rounds of Skate on the XBox anddecided they got it all figured out.

Back
Top Bottom