i remember these were going for 4 bills easy when it first came out
grin.gif
 i wonder if the 7s are going to be the same
eyes.gif
if so i'll wait around i guess till prices go down
grin.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

I'm just speaking my mind, and I'm critical because:

(a) If you are of a certain "age" in this hobby, or got 4+ years in this hobby or more, you shouldn't be in no line AT ALL.  If you are in a line, in YOUR neck of the woods, your pair should be secured... 

(b) If things really are that shady in your area -- or you lack the people skills with managers/DMs as a "grown person" in a hobby you're consistent in -- you should have the salary to avoid such foolishness at this point in your life... Or have the smarts in advance to sell some beaters to make up for whatever eBay/website price... We ALL know release dates WAAAY in advance these days...

(c) As with most "hyped" releases, its nothing but a stock market.  Proven over last 7+ years.  Prices will fall, and most will not even "care" for these once the attention is off of them... ONLY exceptions I can think of are Yeezy's and South Beaches...  Other shoes are so called sellers "creating" a false market, but you can always find someone slipping, needing car note/bill money with a LITTLE research.

(d) To piggyback off (c), you got other options -- the one God blessed us all with usually works out to your benefit -- patience after release.  But the funny thing is, over time, you usually don't care for the shoe as much, which makes you a beast in DMV terms.

Again, these are just a few of the "eyes of hazel" commandments.  Pay me no mind...

But if ANYONE even sees me in a line anywhere between Philly and Atlanta, in my world, after being in a hobby for 20 years, I got character issues that need to be addressed. 
laugh.gif

#retiredfrompreachinginthread

exactly, Amen. I'll stop collecting the day i have to start camping out in long lines.

(a) If you are of a certain "age" in this hobby, or got 4+ years in this hobby or more, you shouldn't be in no line AT ALL.  If you are in a line, in YOUR neck of the woods, your pair should be secured... 

(b) If things really are that shady in your area -- or you lack the people skills with managers/DMs as a "grown person" in a hobby you're consistent in -- you should have the salary to avoid such foolishness at this point in your life... Or have the smarts in advance to sell some beaters to make up for whatever eBay/website price... We ALL know release dates WAAAY in advance these days...

(c) As with most "hyped" releases, its nothing but a stock market.  Proven over last 7+ years.  Prices will fall, and most will not even "care" for these once the attention is off of them... ONLY exceptions I can think of are Yeezy's and South Beaches...  Other shoes are so called sellers "creating" a false market, but you can always find someone slipping, needing car note/bill money with a LITTLE research.

(d) To piggyback off (c), you got other options -- the one God blessed us all with usually works out to your benefit -- patience after release.  But the funny thing is, over time, you usually don't care for the shoe as much, which makes you a beast in DMV terms.

Again, these are just a few of the "eyes of hazel" commandments.  Pay me no mind...

But if ANYONE even sees me in a line anywhere between Philly and Atlanta, in my world, after being in a hobby for 20 years, I got character issues that need to be addressed. 
laugh.gif

#retiredfrompreachinginthread

exactly, Amen. I'll stop collecting the day i have to start camping out in long lines.

What's with all the hating...!?!?!? Some people enjoy the chase...just like women....Plus, people that have their pairs "secured" prior to release, are kind of cheaters...It's all good for those that have that connection, but in Philly, Ubiq is the only respectable retailer and they do not "hold" sneakers for anybody. In fact, the owners cousin was on line behind me.

Look, if you think it's silly to wait on a line for sneakers, i can totally understand that. There are people that think it's silly to pay 160 for any sneakers and other people that think it's silly to own more than a few pair of sneakers. But all this "i cant believe you guys wait on line" and "if your x old, u shouldn't be waiting" is all bs.

For those that camped out on Friday night, that's wassup! I hope you got yours and if not, better luck next time. For those that didn't have to wait on line and were still able to pick up their pair, that too is wassup! Matter fact, that's even better. But for you other monkeys (honestly Eyes of Hazel, i see you around NT all the time and I genuinely respect your opinion. I see you in the buy/sell forum and i'm always excited when you have a new post...I remember when you had a mini-battle with one of the mods...i was on my "fight the power" $%##...I'm really not calling you a monkey, i just disagree with you on this one), get off it. Let the people breathe...if they wanna wait on line, so be it.

I keep hearing the phrase "hype beast" thrown around and I guess it's some type of insult...i'm not 100% sure...but if that is the word for people that get very excited about things that they love, and are willing to go the extra mile to obtain...do your thing.

What's with all the hating...!?!?!? Some people enjoy the chase...just like women....Plus, people that have their pairs "secured" prior to release, are kind of cheaters...It's all good for those that have that connection, but in Philly, Ubiq is the only respectable retailer and they do not "hold" sneakers for anybody. In fact, the owners cousin was on line behind me.

Look, if you think it's silly to wait on a line for sneakers, i can totally understand that. There are people that think it's silly to pay 160 for any sneakers and other people that think it's silly to own more than a few pair of sneakers. But all this "i cant believe you guys wait on line" and "if your x old, u shouldn't be waiting" is all bs.

For those that camped out on Friday night, that's wassup! I hope you got yours and if not, better luck next time. For those that didn't have to wait on line and were still able to pick up their pair, that too is wassup! Matter fact, that's even better. But for you other monkeys (honestly Eyes of Hazel, i see you around NT all the time and I genuinely respect your opinion. I see you in the buy/sell forum and i'm always excited when you have a new post...I remember when you had a mini-battle with one of the mods...i was on my "fight the power" $%##...I'm really not calling you a monkey, i just disagree with you on this one), get off it. Let the people breathe...if they wanna wait on line, so be it.

I keep hearing the phrase "hype beast" thrown around and I guess it's some type of insult...i'm not 100% sure...but if that is the word for people that get very excited about things that they love, and are willing to go the extra mile to obtain...do your thing.

(d) To piggyback off (c), you got other options -- the one God blessed us all with usually works out to your benefit -- patience after release.  But the funny thing is, over time, you usually don't care for the shoe as much
QFT  
nerd.gif

(d) To piggyback off (c), you got other options -- the one God blessed us all with usually works out to your benefit -- patience after release.  But the funny thing is, over time, you usually don't care for the shoe as much
QFT  
nerd.gif

Glad I opted for NDC after Eastbay hit me with a 34 min wait time,got my order through at 12:03. Good luck to those still on the hunt.

Glad I opted for NDC after Eastbay hit me with a 34 min wait time,got my order through at 12:03. Good luck to those still on the hunt.

So only the 13 Finishline stores will have the YotR's sometime this upcoming week, correct? No pairs will be sold on finishline.com?

So only the 13 Finishline stores will have the YotR's sometime this upcoming week, correct? No pairs will be sold on finishline.com?

Back
Top Bottom