First Look: AJ XX3 Novelty Jacket ($400)

$400
smh.gif
...TOO RICH FA MY BLOOD!!!

I wish I could see "quality" over the Internet like the 50,000 14-year-olds on Niketalk...

Anyone that has seen/felt this jacket in person knows that it is, in fact, worth the $400...whether you like the styling or not...that is for you to decide,but the quality is there for $400...

JM

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

I wish I could see "quality" over the Internet like the 50,000 14-year-olds on Niketalk...

Anyone that has seen/felt this jacket in person knows that it is, in fact, worth the $400...whether you like the styling or not...that is for you to decide, but the quality is there for $400...

JM
Thank you, that's what i was trying to convey. For the most part, JB makes pretty good quality clothes and I've owned 2 Jordan leatherjackets and the quality is pretty top notch. Seriously, a $400 leather jacket is a decent price at most.

it might cost jb 10$ to make this jacket but it should be good quality i bought a cheap leather jacket and it doesn't look good after there was rain stormin the area and i had no umberlla and i got a question if i bought this jacket would it get ruin if it gets wet?

Originally Posted by fireflyandfia

it might cost jb 10$ to make this jacket but it should be good quality i bought a cheap leather jacket and it doesn't look good after there was rain storm in the area and i had no umberlla and i got a question if i bought this jacket would it get ruin if it gets wet?

I don't think it will get damaged. Usually, cheap leather and suede leather gets ruined by rain/snow. This one is made of smooth lambskin so it shouldhold up pretty well.

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

i don't understand why JB thinks they can release average products like this and put a crazy price tag on it. does anyone ever buy this stuff?
Actually, price point is just about right for a lambskin jacket. I think the Nautica ones retail for the same price, although they certainly look alot classier
laugh.gif

JB seems to be all about inspiration and not function these days. This jacket is in the style of a classic motorcycle "cafe racer" however the cutis ridiculous (did they need something MJ could fit his gut into?) and the premium materials negate it's use as a biker's jacket. Real motorcycleleathers are made from horsehide.

Although I like the idea, the end product is a joke. Coming soon to a outlet near you
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by fireflyandfia

it might cost jb 10$ to make this jacket but it should be good quality i bought a cheap leather jacket and it doesn't look good after there was rain storm in the area and i had no umberlla and i got a question if i bought this jacket would it get ruin if it gets wet?

I don't think it will get damaged. Usually, cheap leather and suede leather gets ruined by rain/snow. This one is made of smooth lambskin so it should hold up pretty well.

I have had a lambskin jacket before and that stuff is like butter. I had it on as I was leaving my desk once and brushed my wrist past a stack of somepapers/folders. It actually left a couple papercuts near the cuff! I can't speak for how water would affect it as I was rather anal about the weather inwhich I wore it, however I don't think the results would be pretty!

i saw it at some nikestore in downtown toronto,the quality of the leather is GREAT,sooo damn soft. too ab di dotn have 400 bucks to throw around

The key for this jacket is the length and width. Because this jacket doesnt have an elastic waistband, like a bomber, it can, if too long, look very silly. Bythe same token, if it is too wide at the center, combined with the fact that their is no elastic waistband, can look even worse.

Now I am very familiar with JBs clothing sizing, but with this type of jacket, with its premium materials, workmanship, and of course pricing, needs to fitlike the jackets in its category.

MaZe

^It does seem to fit quite a bit slimmer and shorter than all of the JB hoodys (even though it's not the same type of merch).

I was thinking of buying this jacket with a friends discount.

But I got a polo butter soft leather and passed on this.

I was going to say the following:

"Late"

"Posted"

Also I was going to add that the jacket has been out and has actually sold well, gradually.

Then I looked at the date the thread was created and I must say:

"Stop diggin' up old topics".
laugh.gif

I'm a bit biased because I got one already and it looks FIRE with my stealth 23s but let me plead my case... $400 is not a bad price at all for a leatherjacket. Average prices for Leather Jackets are $300-$400. For once I can say you're paying for quality instead of just the logo on the Jacket.

i don't understand why JB thinks they can release average products like this and put a crazy price tag on it. does anyone ever buy this stuff?
they bought the collector's XX3 basketball

Back
Top Bottom