First Name That Comes To Mind When You Hear " Whats Wrong With The NBA"

This is easy but I have several....

- Inconsistent refereeing. Star players getting more calls, players being able to travel at their leisure, etc.
- 90% of the league not giving two thoughts about trying on defense. No more needs to be said.
- Most players only giving full effort and playing team ball in the playoffs.
- Ticket prices for good seats for regular season games. Like most leagues.
- Players caring more about partying than working on their game. For more reference see the scores and game highlights of Sunday afternoon games.
- NBA GMs.
- Losing teams making the playoffs. Look at the Hawks currently. They are close to making the playoffs for the first time in nearly a decade, but at the end ofthe day they still only currently have 36 wins.
- Guaranteed contracts.
- NBA on ABC

IMO David Stern isnt even close to the top of the list. Unlike most younger NTers I dont care about things that have nothing to do with me because I dont playin the league. Some cats take so much offense to new rules that you would think they play for the Bulls. Dress code was a decision that had to be made. Blamethe players for dressing like 8th grade kids.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Do some of you realize that Stern doesn't make decisions on his own?

Exactly.
The National Basketball Association (NBA) Board of Governors is the management body that oversees the operations of the National Basketball Association. Micky Arison, Managing General Partner of the Miami Heat, is Chairman of the NBA Board of Governors. He was elected to that post in October 2005.

The Board has several standing committees to assist in management, such as the Audit, Advisory/Finance, Labor Relations, Expansion, and Rules and Competition Committees.

all American sports need to have a relegation system. If you come in bottom 3 in your division you are gone to the CBA or NBDL or whatever, and try and re-gainpromotion back into the NBA/NFL or whatever.

that will fix 90% of the "game quality" issues. No one will tank games or refuse to play D again, when you realize your team is gonna be out of thelimelight for a year or more as you try to gain promotion back to the Bigs.

Not a name, but it's the guaranteed contracts in the NBA. If you need to attach a name to it it's really two names: David Stern and NBPA ExecutiveDirector Billy Hunter.

I really think some the lesser known voices in the NBA fraternity are right when they're saying "the league and the players know they have a reallygood thing going and little of it has to do with the game of basketball".

Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****

Originally Posted by MJDaLegend

Originally Posted by daemacho
laugh.gif

i've seen this countless times but what's the story behind this?

is this really lebron???
laugh.gif

It never bothered me what happened with players off the court. I could care less what happens with Jack or JR off the court. As a fan, the game is the onlything that really matters to me. And like other people said, flopping is the worst out right now. I refuse to respect Manu as the great player that heis/should just because he can't go two or three possessions without blatently flopping.

It goes on with everyone- I'm sick of it.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

- anyone who's not team-oriented, wanting to just be the man and get shine

I'm not naming names; no way.
laugh.gif

As for the 'thuggery' comments, I'll say this: 'hood' types have never really bothered me, because that's what I grew up around. Just because someone has a grip of tats and was arrested at a club where it was discovered they had a gun and some weed, I've never really been bothered by that. 90% of the dudes I knew that had guns had them more for status, like getting in an argument and you pull a heater out and everyone quiets down.

The weed? There's a ton of athletes that get judged for smoking weed, and the people judging them know damn well they toke, too.
laugh.gif
I don't but it ain't hurting me, so I've never really been bothered by it.

And 9 times out of 10, some dude that gets caught with weed or caught with a gun (or both) and has a ton of tats and argues with every-damn-body, people are going to label him a 'thug' and a 'problem', and I've just... never had a problem with him.

As an example, you guys are all talking about JR Smith. Me? I have more of a problem with Bowen than I do Smith; Bowen has almost ended careers. I'd want him out of the league before Smith if had a choice.

But dirty guys aren't even my first choice; 'me-first, team second' types would be my first, cats that think 'This game is way too easy for me to need a solid team; by myself, I have what it takes to take a team somewhere.'

No you don't. I wish I could take everyone in the NBA with that type of mindset, and send them to the NBDL.

P.S. On everything, I am neither confirming or denying any guesses y'all make, and I'm not arguing with anyone that thinks they know of any names I'm thinking of.
laugh.gif

I think im gonna have to disagree with you. Back in the 80's adn Early 90's it was probally the best basketball in the NBA ever. I think thereneeds to be more people like Larry Bird and Isaiah to trash talk and play a little dirty. It brought entertainment to the game. They would talk trash and proveit on the court. Its much diffrent then now. Tats to some extent bother me because i get the sense they think theyre better then they really are. Theres toomuch off court stuff going off court and what people think about themselves. I hate, HATE Bruce Bowen but the Nba could use more people like him but actuallywith talent. Bowen is dirty and trash talks but he sucks. Bird and Isaih(sp?) trash talked, played dirty, then proved it on the court. So to some extent thethug rep does bother me and i dont like where the league is going. Just my opinion

everyone saying stern, just remember this is a business, nothing more or less. look at the stats grittyman20 listed, 500% revenue growth?! among other things.not that i agree with half the stuff he and the powers that be do, but it must be working to some extent. they even scrapped a change that was a big deal andadmitted fault (new ball) which is pretty amazing that they did.

bruce bowen is my pick. an average at best player that has "amazing" defensive on all-stars that may end up ending or severely damaging someonescareer

Originally Posted by Superflyjesus15

Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B***** Ronny Turiaf- Team B*****

someone is a hater

knicks.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love the Knicks, but the Knicks are what's wrong with the NBA. If they aren't doing well, something's wrong.
frown.gif

Kevin Garnett - not because of his game or anything - but because of the culture of HS kids jumping straight to the NBA that he was the father of.
Sure, you have you successful guys like KG, Kobe, T-Mac, Amare, LeBron, etc. but you also have guys like Leon Smith or Korelone Young who had no chance of evermaking the NBA.

Not to mention, now with David Stern's one year rule, these kids have entered colleges for one year. The "one and done" guys aren't good forthe college game because they aren't there to compete for their teams - they're just there to increase their draft stock since they couldn't be inthe NBA for that year.

Anyone who says Strern is completely overlooking the fact that the NBA is a business as much as it is a sport. (I know that sentence doesn't make 100%sense but you know what I mean so go with it.
laugh.gif
)

Theres nothing wrong with the dress code. Why should these PROFESSIONAL athletes be able to show up to games in front of people who they're role models forin 3X tall tees and baggy jeans?

The age limit is fine. We've seen time and time again players with all the potential in the world come out too early and bust. If they had that one or twoyears of college, that may have not happened. If anything the 20 year old rule is even better, because it eliminates the one and done college players, for themost part.

Internationalizing the product is great. Why not try and make more money?

The only thing is the flopping, ticky-tack calls, and the ball, but the ball is gone. So basically, outside of the reffing, I dont see what hes doing wrong.

With that said: Current Version of Isiah Thomas.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom