FIRST REEBOK PUMP BEING BROUGHT BACK AGAIN IN ORIGINAL BLACK COLORWAY

^ I was under the impression that the padding was restricting the air bladders from expanding... so basically, the pumps weren't generating enough pressureto inflate the padding-encased air bladder, so no matter how many times you were pumping the shoe, it just wasn't inflating, hence no hissing...

EDIT ~ DJ answered...

Originally Posted by DeadStock Js

^^^ I had the pleasure of having dinner with Paul Litchfield and got to ask him why most of the retro pumps that have come out in the last few years have a malfunctioning pump mechanism....He stated that its not that they dont work but its the fact that there is too much padding within the tongue which stops the air from being passed through to the correct places. You will notice with the retros that come out next year there will be not much padding in the tongue to allow the pumps to work exactly like they used to in the originals.

Thats good to know, there definitely is too much padding in these which gives them a snug fit not like the 04 versions at all, but still a good shoe. The pumpswork but not that great on this latest version anyhow really good to know thanks for posting that info

No problem guys....I am just glad to hear that the future retros will be working correctly because there is nothing better then the feel of the pump and thatnice release sound

So is this a common problem with all "Bringback" Pumps, or is it more of a hit or miss situation depending on the actual pair?

I'm really excited to own my first pair of Pumps, but I'm worried I'll be let down. I'm looking forward to getting em, but the Pump part of theshoe is what I'm looking forward to most, but I'm not a fan of any of the newew pairs.

Maybe if my pair doesn't work I'll just hold on to em as trade bait for the Twilight Zone if they resolve the issue by then.

On another note....I wonder if Reebok will bring back any other Pumps? I'd love to see Blacktops, especially the White/Black/Green, and Black/White pairs.

Originally Posted by s dubl

So is this a common problem with all "Bringback" Pumps, or is it more of a hit or miss situation depending on the actual pair?

I'm really excited to own my first pair of Pumps, but I'm worried I'll be let down. I'm looking forward to getting em, but the Pump part of the shoe is what I'm looking forward to most, but I'm not a fan of any of the newew pairs.

Maybe if my pair doesn't work I'll just hold on to em as trade bait for the Twilight Zone if they resolve the issue by then.

On another note....I wonder if Reebok will bring back any other Pumps? I'd love to see Blacktops, especially the White/Black/Green, and Black/White pairs.

There are still some 04 blacktop retro's that show up on ebay here and there in the white black green now would prob be a good time to start looking but ihave a feeling all of them will be brought back. I'm getting another 3 pairs of these pumps in 3 black pairs, one for my girl two for me ill let you knowif i have the same problem on all of them commonwealth seems to have sold out of most sizes only smaller sizes left

Thanks Tre...

I should have my pair from Huf within the next few days, I'll let you guys know how functional mine are after I get em.

I'll def keep my eye out for some Blacktops when I have some extra $$

i also have 5 pairs coming in, i'll post up how their pumps are once i get them. i'm used to the "sketchy" pump implementation, so iwon't be surprised if they're below par.

My pumps seem to working fine, but obviously I don't have any OGs or older retros to compare to.
Admitedly they do need a lot of "pumping" -maybe 15-20 times on each shoe to get a real nice fit -so I don't know if this is the normal amount,but once they are fully inflated they feel real nice & tight to me (I like my sneaks to fit snug anyway)

How well they work compared to older models I can't tell, but they definitely do work because the relase valve hisses for a good 4-5 seconds when pressed& I can feel the shoes deflate.

I'll be interested to see the comparison between these & the older pairs.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by denondct1

OG didn't sell to well.

Not sure where you are located but most places either sold out or have very small sizes left, not bad at all for a 180 dollar pair of sneakers, so with the store collab's and the global release about 4,598 pairs of 180-200 dollar sneakers and most of them are sold off thats nearly a million in gross sales in what 3 days? I think reebok really did this though to acknowledge the die hard collector not really for a huge profit and i think they are selling very well given that we are in one of the worst recessions in 60+ years and sneaker collecting is on the decline.
Not from a money perspective but from a sneaker collector/kicks lover perspective. Considering LA had 29 pairs of the black and I personallypurchased 3 and they still had about 8 on the wall after I left release day at 9:30PM I consider that a bad showing. Hell even Lebron red carpets sold outwithin a day as a QS. Then look at HUF, who didn't even sell out of their own colab until late Saturday and you'll see that these badboys didn'tsell that well. That's 58 pairs of black retro's split between LA/SF and they didn't even sell out opening day...I would consider that a hit toreebok's ego.

From a money perspective you're looking at 1780 pairs and not 4598 (31+29+29 x 20 stores). We all know 1-off colabs are much more expensive than yourstandard production line shoe. Reebok is probably breaking even with all the promotion/production costs associated with this release. They're using this tohype future releases and hopefully bring reebok back some glory.

Damn, am I glad to hear that the bringbacks fit snug! I'm a true 9.5 but ordered a 10 from Packer (props!), so hopefully they'll fit well. I'mreally surprised to hear how these things didn't sell out immediately everywhere, but at the same time it's nice to know that the people who reallywant them are getting their pairs. My pair is going to get a LOT of wear, that's for sure!

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

OG didn't sell to well.

Not sure where you are located but most places either sold out or have very small sizes left, not bad at all for a 180 dollar pair of sneakers, so with the store collab's and the global release about 4,598 pairs of 180-200 dollar sneakers and most of them are sold off thats nearly a million in gross sales in what 3 days? I think reebok really did this though to acknowledge the die hard collector not really for a huge profit and i think they are selling very well given that we are in one of the worst recessions in 60+ years and sneaker collecting is on the decline.
Not from a money perspective but from a sneaker collector/kicks lover perspective. Considering LA had 29 pairs of the black and I personally purchased 3 and they still had about 8 on the wall after I left release day at 9:30PM I consider that a bad showing. Hell even Lebron red carpets sold out within a day as a QS. Then look at HUF, who didn't even sell out of their own colab until late Saturday and you'll see that these badboys didn't sell that well. That's 58 pairs of black retro's split between LA/SF and they didn't even sell out opening day...I would consider that a hit to reebok's ego.

From a money perspective you're looking at 1780 pairs and not 4598 (31+29+29 x 20 stores). We all know 1-off colabs are much more expensive than your standard production line shoe. Reebok is probably breaking even with all the promotion/production costs associated with this release. They're using this to hype future releases and hopefully bring reebok back some glory.

I was under the impression that there were 1989 pairs of each og colorway (that includes all sizes) but then im seeing some post that only 29 pairs per storeper colorway which i guess would make sense given the fact they are numbered to 29 pairs, in that case i apologize, but i understand what your saying, you havefor instance a griffey 1 retro pretty heavily produced and it sells out quick, and then you have a limited shoe like this and it sells but a little slower

Originally Posted by DeadStock Js

No problem guys....I am just glad to hear that the future retros will be working correctly because there is nothing better then the feel of the pump and that nice release sound

Its a bit of a shame that they didn't deal with this problem for the 20th Anni. Pumps... did they only just discover this problem recently?

just secured my solebox pumps and got a heads up from sns that i did secure my pair there as well. 3 colabs for me and the two og colorways, 5 total. what anexpensive week. i think i'm done for awhile......

Congrats on all who managed to get hold of the pairs they wanted.
I'm still screwing that i missed out on the white OG's thanks to my bank. When they popped up on the Size? website, i was on to it quick. Got my sizeto checkout and did all the form filling etc. in double quick time. Got a message back that my order wasn't going through, immediately followed by a callfrom my bank. They were doing fraud checks to make sure my card wasn't being used by someone who'd stolen it. Of course by the time i'd gonethrough a few security questions and returned to the website, my size was sold out. Of all the transactions they chose to check...
frown.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif

That's good news that they're trying to sort the malfunctioning pumps for the future. Kind of takes away the fun of the shoe if they don't eveninflate.

If anyone does know of any store that still has 11 or 11.5 in the OG white, please PM me.

Originally Posted by UKBased

If anyone does know of any store that still has 11 or 11.5 in the OG white, please PM me.
check this thread more man... i posted up a day or two ago that commonwealth had a FSR on their website. no dice now, only 8 or 9 left, i think.

kicks hawaii still has quite a few pairs of the OG's left. i bought out all the size 11.5's but there should still be some 11's. (808) 941-9191.pretty sure you can phone order. they only have puny sizes of the store collab left.

Congrats on all who managed to get hold of the pairs they wanted.
I'm still screwing that i missed out on the white OG's thanks to my bank. When they popped up on the Size? website, i was on to it quick. Got my size to checkout and did all the form filling etc. in double quick time. Got a message back that my order wasn't going through, immediately followed by a call from my bank. They were doing fraud checks to make sure my card wasn't being used by someone who'd stolen it. Of course by the time i'd gone through a few security questions and returned to the website, my size was sold out. Of all the transactions they chose to check...
frown.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif

That's good news that they're trying to sort the malfunctioning pumps for the future. Kind of takes away the fun of the shoe if they don't even inflate.

check your PM and get back to me asap....

edit...just got mine from Huf #29 of 29. Let's just say Imma happy camper. I havent tried em on yet, but Pump seems to work.

I must also say, that whomever thought of the idea to add the "# out of #" tag that includes the Shop Name was thinking outside the box... Dope.

i'm both surprised and happy about how slow the og colorways sold, considering the number of pairs available...

never thought i'd be able to find these after the release date...

got my 3 pairs thanks to donpoppa and huf...

^good video...

like ur pair, I can hear and feel the air escape as I pump mine up...

dissapointing espcially after heaing how loud ur 04 pair hiss when u release the air...

^^agreed...I haven't seen the video because I'm at work on my phone (I'll def check it out when I'm off), but I knew there was a differencefrom at least the OGs on the hiss sound, but I'm happy with my pair. The quality of materials is much better than any Nike/JB release that I've seenfor a while. I even just got a pair of Omni Lights and the quality of materials surpass any recent Nike release. I did notice the Hexalite differed from theold hexalite though. That was one of the parts I looked at first after watching Tre's Court Victory video.

The shoes actually smell like new shoes, not some chemical.

Overall...I'd say Nike has a lot to learn from these other companies bringing out retros.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

check this thread more man... i posted up a day or two ago that commonwealth had a FSR on their website. no dice now, only 8 or 9 left, i think.

I know. I should have been. Just stupidly assumed they'd all have gone by the day after release.

kevin2nd & s dubl - Thanks very much for the PM's. Appreciate it. Should be able to get a pair shipped from Kicks/Hi. Good looking out.

Back
Top Bottom