First student loan payment unappreciation post

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

financial aid FTW. free money.

laugh.gif
except you have to pay it back

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Originally Posted by saymoregotsole

I got them coming soon too. Massive. But ima try to take a class that doesn't sound like a bad idea.
seriously are you slow? no offense but let me break it down

to defer your loans you need to be in school atleast HALF TIME which is in 6 credits

so you are gonna spend let's say $2200 at a community college for 6 credits worth of classes to avoid paying for what you already owe?

all I can do is
indifferent.gif
at people like you

2200 damn where are you? 2 classes in maryland is like 600

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Originally Posted by saymoregotsole

I got them coming soon too. Massive. But ima try to take a class that doesn't sound like a bad idea.
seriously are you slow? no offense but let me break it down

to defer your loans you need to be in school atleast HALF TIME which is in 6 credits

so you are gonna spend let's say $2200 at a community college for 6 credits worth of classes to avoid paying for what you already owe?

all I can do is
indifferent.gif
at people like you

2200 damn where are you? 2 classes in maryland is like 600

$600 or $2200...why would you pay money to not have to repay money??? am I missing the logic

^No you are right. it doesn't make sense at all
laugh.gif
. It's not like the debt goes away, it just incures intrest so you spend 600 on a class now so youdon't have to pay money you will eventually have to pay anyway. Remember folks, even if you file bankruptcy you will still owe for your student loan debt.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

laugh.gif
. It's not like the debt goes away, it just incures intrest so you spend 600 on a class now so you don't have to pay money you will eventually have to pay anyway. Remember folks, even if you file bankruptcy you will still owe for your student loan debt.

but after 30 years, I believe it goes away if I understood correctly from watching that one chick on CNN breaking down peoples incomes with debt.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

laugh.gif
. It's not like the debt goes away, it just incures intrest so you spend 600 on a class now so you don't have to pay money you will eventually have to pay anyway. Remember folks, even if you file bankruptcy you will still owe for your student loan debt.
but after 30 years, I believe it goes away if I understood correctly from watching that one chick on CNN breaking down peoples incomes with debt.
I would guess that is patently false. I've never heard such a thing. Student Loan debt never goes away, unless you die
ohwell.gif

I'm right there with you, I graduated in May and my first payment is due on the 21st
smh.gif
. Which is such terrible timing seeing as the 11/12 package comesout on the 20th.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

laugh.gif
I would guess that is patently false. I've never heard such a thing. Student Loan debt never goes away, unless you die
ohwell.gif
Not even, hell is full of accountants and lawyers waiting to tax that *** on behalf of salli mae....ZINGGGG...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

yeah i graduated from uni last spring and first loan payment FTL!

i'd never defer, get the shiiiz over with sooner rather than later. why'd i wanna pay more interest, its more money on top of the money i owe. nothanks.

I'm going to be graduating with the same amount coming out of undergrad. At least the interest rates on student loans aren't ridiculous (unless theywere private). Paying $200/month for around 10 years isn't that bad. And if you get to a point where you can pay more, that's all the better.

Originally Posted by randomhero1985

I'm right there with you, I graduated in May and my first payment is due on the 21st
smh.gif
. Which is such terrible timing seeing as the 11/12 package comes out on the 20th.
i hope you seriously do the right thing

Big ups to my mom for requesting my portion of her will money go towards my student loans. I sure would've blown through that money llike nothing.

Reminds me of this dude @ my job who was under the impression that his parents were gonna pay his loans.

Dude bought a 350z right out of college and thought he was doing it till the 6 month deferment period past and the bills started rolling in
laugh.gif
. He was at my last rotation assignment so I dont know what became of him or his350z.......

The first level of my graduated payment plan ends this month. I've been payin' $68/month for the past 2 years and starting in January it goes up to$145.....Luckily I have a job.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Reminds me of this dude @ my job who was under the impression that his parents were gonna pay his loans.

Dude bought a 350z right out of college and thought he was doing it till the 6 month deferment period past and the bills started rolling in
laugh.gif
. He was at my last rotation assignment so I dont know what became of him or his 350z.......

didnt u buy a car too?

I have been paying mine consistently for 6 years and it sucks. I will be done by the end of 2009, and I cant wait

Originally Posted by RawSheed

I wanna see a loan for a private institution

Probably resembles a mortgage
laugh.gif

It does
frown.gif

Sadly that was only undergrad. I still gotta make it through Pharmacy school. My parents make too much for financial aid, yet wont pay for school forcing meto take out many private loans. right now its somewhere near 70k and if i entered payment right now it would be something like 850 a month.

Originally Posted by sunshine734

Originally Posted by RawSheed

I wanna see a loan for a private institution

Probably resembles a mortgage
laugh.gif

It does
frown.gif

Sadly that was only undergrad. I still gotta make it through Pharmacy school. My parents make too much for financial aid, yet wont pay for school forcing me to take out many private loans. right now its somewhere near 70k and if i entered payment right now it would be something like 850 a month.

Man, pharmacy is worth it. I can vouch. I feel blessed that I got all the way through 2-years undergrad and pharmacy school and only came out with 50k worthof loans.
I was gonna post a pic of my balances, but citi is down for maintenance right now.
I have a 4 year plan to pay that joint of in full. Forget that 20 years repayment BS...After all the interest accrued, the amount paid back would be nearlydouble.

But yea...First student loan payment is definitely unappreciated

That's pretty much the alarm clock for real life...that's when the %%@+ has offically hit the fan.

I have two years left of undergrad and so far I have only taken out 2k. Luckily I have financial aid and scholarships to help me. I will have to mostlikely take out loans for my grad school but investing in my own brain is the best investment.

Back
Top Bottom