First time collecting Air Jordans... tips on actually getting a pair on release?

might as well camp, seriously
30t6p3b.gif

Realistically is you want those ashy 10's you need to start camping asap. Most stores only get one pair of your size so go quick quick!

Not even going to respond to those ignorant comments.

To that one poster who asked why I wanted to get in collecting J's all of a sudden (even though I had this account for 5 years), is because I had almost a dozen Dunk SB's and felt like they were the same exact styled shoes afterwards... just in different colorways. I overlooked the J collection at first (which is why I reg'd for an account here before but didn't really post until I was actually into the J's) because lots of people said they were getting outplayed and saying "People still collect Jordans? lolololololol". I wanted a variety type of styled shoes and the Kobe's and Lebron's didn't really fit my taste. So I just started doing more research on the Jordans and found the IV's, V's, VI's, VII's, VIII's, X's, and XI's to be my top favs (to certain colorways though).

And I just checked the X stealths today at the store and they actually looked really nice in person. Already got mines pre-ordered from a re-seller... again, it costed a bit extra but at least I won't have to camp or line up.

I dont think paying more wouldve been necessary with the stealth X's but hey, tomato/tomatoe I suppose.
*Hard to use that comparison without it being spoken word lol*

Yo man if I were you I'd be at the store either tonight or friday night waiting in line. The stealth 3's were one of the most sought after colorways of all time. Im sure the hype is just as big for these stealth 10s. Best of luck

Originally Posted by Sako21057

To that one poster who asked why I wanted to get in collecting J's all of a sudden (even though I had this account for 5 years), is because I had almost a dozen Dunk SB's and felt like they were the same exact styled shoes afterwards... just in different colorways. I overlooked the J collection at first (which is why I reg'd for an account here before but didn't really post until I was actually into the J's) because lots of people said they were getting outplayed and saying "People still collect Jordans? lolololololol". I wanted a variety type of styled shoes and the Kobe's and Lebron's didn't really fit my taste. So I just started doing more research on the Jordans and found the IV's, V's, VI's, VII's, VIII's, X's, and XI's to be my top favs (to certain colorways though).

And I just checked the X stealths today at the store and they actually looked really nice in person. Already got mines pre-ordered from a re-seller... again, it costed a bit extra but at least I won't have to camp or line up.
It took you 5 years to realize this?! 
eek.gif

Spoiler [+]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Sako21057

so in the 5 years you have been holding on to the screen name you never once wanted to create a topic or even reply to one 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
 @ pre-ordering from a reseller, you basically already paid for shoes the person doesnt even have yet
roll.gif

Originally Posted by woody23

Realistically is you want those ashy 10's you need to start camping asap. Most stores only get one pair of your size so go quick quick!

LOL. That Seinfeld GIF is pure comedy.
roll.gif

this shoe will sell out in new orleans due to easter being early this year...you have to know your area...since jan 2011 the only shoes that didn't sell out here were:
White Cement 3s

Stealth 3s

Orion 7s

Cardinal 7s.

Bred 11 low

Black patent 12 low

everything else has sold out between and since...they sent a good bit of 4s here but they were easily sold out and immediately seen all over the city during the mardi gras parades.

Sako21057 wrote:

Fair enough OP. But letting others opinions detour your opinion on something makes you look like a big time follower. Buy what you want, who cares what everyone else thinks.

And FYI is you were paitent and waited. I am quite sure you could have got those stealth's for way under retail, or you could have used the Footlocker B-Day coupon and got $25 off. But to each his own

Violence and anger towards OP like he committed a crime. 
laugh.gif

Lighten up on the dude. He found out what he needs to know in the first page.

Line up early if you're going to go the retail route, because the beasts are booming right now. That's about your best shot. Now if you're going the online route..

In that case, you better have a hell of an internet connection going and be ready to jump through hoops to get a pair at retail just to sacrifice a few hours. Oh and don't forget the possibility of cancellation / shipping delays.

Stay away from Air Randy and other related websites who sell early release pairs.. just follow individual threads on releases and you'll see pairs from those sites come out a bit iffy.

/thread.

What's a good place to preorder sneakers for not too much over retail? I would like to avoid waiting in long lines especially after what I went thru with the cements. Still cant get over the fact that I was the 6th person in line with only one person before me with my size (9.5) and the only size available when i got in (i was the 6th person in the damn store) were size 12's smdh!!

Originally Posted by IronChef

make sure you have a nike account before you try to make a midnight purchase

laugh.gif
 Ain't like he will be able to get through to a crashed site anyway 

If there is no hype for the shoe, you can easily walk in and grab a pair. If its a hyper shoe than you better first buy a tent before you get started trying to buy it

Back
Top Bottom