Floyd on Pac - "have him make sushi and cook some rice." "he's a ******" - RACIST

Originally Posted by bleach

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Compubox numbers do lie though because they're cumulative stats. Meaning they add all the stats from every eound together. To fully analyze fights you gotta look at them on a round by round basis instead of cumulatively. But since we're going on how the judges scored the 1st and 2nd JMM/Pac fights...if the one judge scored the first round correctly in the first fight Pac would've won. And one judge had it 115-112 JMM in the 2nd, one had it the same score but for Pac. And the last judge had it 113-112 for Pac. So, had JMM not been knocked down in the 3rd round the last judge would've had it 113-113 and we would've had another draw.
round by round
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=compubox-juan-manuel-marquez-manny-pacquiao
pac wasnt the pac he is now with those fights with jmm. if they fought today pac would murk him. i had pacman losing both fights with jmm but they were damn close

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Compubox numbers do lie though because they're cumulative stats. Meaning they add all the stats from every eound together. To fully analyze fights you gotta look at them on a round by round basis instead of cumulatively. But since we're going on how the judges scored the 1st and 2nd JMM/Pac fights...if the one judge scored the first round correctly in the first fight Pac would've won. And one judge had it 115-112 JMM in the 2nd, one had it the same score but for Pac. And the last judge had it 113-112 for Pac. So, had JMM not been knocked down in the 3rd round the last judge would've had it 113-113 and we would've had another draw.
round by round
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=compubox-juan-manuel-marquez-manny-pacquiao
pac wasnt the pac he is now with those fights with jmm. if they fought today pac would murk him. i had pacman losing both fights with jmm but they were damn close

Originally Posted by wxyzfactor

Originally Posted by Ace3han

If Manny Pacquiao made a video calling Floyd the N word he would be banned immediately from the sport and probably stripped of all his titles. Floyd calls manny every single asian slur and it is a joke? He just wants attention?
True.  That's the way things in society are.  There's always a double standard to racism, especially when its minorities being racist to each other. 

If it was a white boxer making that kind of racist rant saying "collard greens, fried chicken, and watermelon" against a black boxer it would be considered racism and would be taken seriously.  There also would be more uproar with the NAACP, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and numerous organizations in the media denouncing it.

But if its racism between minorities, especially against Asians its treated the opposite way.  It's not considered racism and not taken seriously and treated as a joke.  There is barely any uproar and barely any organizations denouncing it.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ESPN article mirroring your sentiments...
[h1]
[/h1][h1]Where's Floyd Mayweather Jr. outcry?[/h1]

By LZ Granderson
ESPN.com

After watching Floyd Mayweather's racist and homophobic rant on YouTube, I was immediately reminded of another popular YouTube clip: "The Bed Intruder Song" featuring Antoine Dodson. With each slanderous remark out of Mayweather's mouth, I could hear Dodson saying "you are so dumb, really, really dumb -- fo' real."

[+] Enlarge
Ethan Miller/Getty ImagesThere's a time to hype fights, and there's a time Floyd Mayweather Jr. should keep his mouth shut.

I mean, who does that?

Besides Dr. Laura, Don Imus, Michael Richards … OK, never mind. So Mayweather isn't the only person to insert an ignorant foot into his public mouth and then try to remove it with an awkward, insincere apology.

"I was trying to make a joke."

"What I said was wrong."

"I'm going into rehab."

Official statements aside, the truth is sometimes we learn more about the person on the front end of a controversy than the back. For example, you can tell from the comfort with which Dr. Laura Schlessinger said the N-word that her infamous Aug. 10 broadcast was not her first time uttering the slur. And as you watch the Mayweather clip in which he rips Manny Pacquiao, it's obvious he doesn't have a problem using a homophobic slur or making offensive, ethnic-based jokes in his private life.

True, Mayweather hurts people for a living, so there should be less shock to hearing him make offensive remarks than someone who is suppose to help people like Schlessinger. Still, his occupation should not excuse him from crossing the line.

Which brings me to my second point: Just as we sometimes learn more about a person on the front end of a controversy than the back, sometimes it's the back end that reveals the ugly truth. In this case, the truth is Mayweather's being given a pass because he's black.

Not long after Schlessinger made her remarks, Rev. Al Sharpton could be seen ripping her to shreds on CNN and suggesting sponsors pull ads from her show. I've yet to hear a Sharpton comment regarding Mayweather. I've yet to hear him call for a boycott of any of his future fights or the sponsors tied to him.

[+] Enlarge
Fernando Leon/Getty ImagesMichael Richards' rant during a show at a comedy club in 2006 has upstaged his sitcom career.

The same goes for the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who didn't have a problem inserting himself in the conversation this summer when Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert went off on LeBron James after the King moved his throne to Miami. Jackson implied Gilbert's comments were laced with racist undertones. He even demanded a sit-down with the owner. I've yet to see Jackson insert himself into the Mayweather conversation or publicly request a similar meeting.

We know what Mayweather's comments said about him, but what does the muted response say about Sharpton, Jackson and the rest us? That it's different because it's boxing?

Maybe.

But the day Tiger Woods won the Masters in 1997, Fuzzy Zoeller took a lot of heat and lost sponsors for calling a then-21-year-old Woods "little boy" and urging him not to serve fried chicken and collard greens the following year. Zoeller's words are akin to Mayweather's about Pacquiao, who is Filipino. Now do you still think it's about boxing?

Mayweather's comments are as troublesome as Schlessingers', but he is being treated differently because he's black.

Period.

And if he were being treated honestly, black man or not, we would be hearing denunciations from Jackson, Sharpton and the NAACP. (The National Federation of Filipino American Associations provided a lead for them today.) I'm not playing devil's advocate; I'm advocating for equality -- but in the true sense of the word. Whites don't hold the patent on being racially insensitive, just as blacks are not the only group of people to be discriminated against in this country.

[+] Enlarge
Chris Cozzone/AFP/Getty ImagesManny Pacquiao, the target of Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s rant, probably would like to settle things in the ring.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5543201

For example, more than 250,000 Filipinos served in the United States military during World War II and were promised full veterans benefits for doing so. Yet in 1946, President Harry S. Truman, the same man who issued an executive order desegregating the military, signed the Recession Act, essentially reneging on that promise. No school benefits, no hospital benefits, nothing. Every president since Truman treated these brave soldiers like second-class citizens. It wasn't until last year when the country finally honored its commitment to the approximately 15,000 veterans who were still alive.

If we truly believe in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. that "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere," then it is only fair that the boxing world punish Mayweather. I understand he's the industry's cash cow. But this kind of hypocrisy only fertilizes racial tension while simultaneously lining the pockets of people who make their living manipulating that tension.

Mayweather should not be judged by the color of his skin, but by the content of his YouTube comments. If a half-hearted apology was not enough to spare Imus, Schlessinger, et al, then it shouldn't spare him.

And if it does, then what does that say about us?
[/font]

Originally Posted by wxyzfactor

Originally Posted by Ace3han

If Manny Pacquiao made a video calling Floyd the N word he would be banned immediately from the sport and probably stripped of all his titles. Floyd calls manny every single asian slur and it is a joke? He just wants attention?
True.  That's the way things in society are.  There's always a double standard to racism, especially when its minorities being racist to each other. 

If it was a white boxer making that kind of racist rant saying "collard greens, fried chicken, and watermelon" against a black boxer it would be considered racism and would be taken seriously.  There also would be more uproar with the NAACP, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and numerous organizations in the media denouncing it.

But if its racism between minorities, especially against Asians its treated the opposite way.  It's not considered racism and not taken seriously and treated as a joke.  There is barely any uproar and barely any organizations denouncing it.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ESPN article mirroring your sentiments...
[h1]
[/h1][h1]Where's Floyd Mayweather Jr. outcry?[/h1]

By LZ Granderson
ESPN.com

After watching Floyd Mayweather's racist and homophobic rant on YouTube, I was immediately reminded of another popular YouTube clip: "The Bed Intruder Song" featuring Antoine Dodson. With each slanderous remark out of Mayweather's mouth, I could hear Dodson saying "you are so dumb, really, really dumb -- fo' real."

[+] Enlarge
Ethan Miller/Getty ImagesThere's a time to hype fights, and there's a time Floyd Mayweather Jr. should keep his mouth shut.

I mean, who does that?

Besides Dr. Laura, Don Imus, Michael Richards … OK, never mind. So Mayweather isn't the only person to insert an ignorant foot into his public mouth and then try to remove it with an awkward, insincere apology.

"I was trying to make a joke."

"What I said was wrong."

"I'm going into rehab."

Official statements aside, the truth is sometimes we learn more about the person on the front end of a controversy than the back. For example, you can tell from the comfort with which Dr. Laura Schlessinger said the N-word that her infamous Aug. 10 broadcast was not her first time uttering the slur. And as you watch the Mayweather clip in which he rips Manny Pacquiao, it's obvious he doesn't have a problem using a homophobic slur or making offensive, ethnic-based jokes in his private life.

True, Mayweather hurts people for a living, so there should be less shock to hearing him make offensive remarks than someone who is suppose to help people like Schlessinger. Still, his occupation should not excuse him from crossing the line.

Which brings me to my second point: Just as we sometimes learn more about a person on the front end of a controversy than the back, sometimes it's the back end that reveals the ugly truth. In this case, the truth is Mayweather's being given a pass because he's black.

Not long after Schlessinger made her remarks, Rev. Al Sharpton could be seen ripping her to shreds on CNN and suggesting sponsors pull ads from her show. I've yet to hear a Sharpton comment regarding Mayweather. I've yet to hear him call for a boycott of any of his future fights or the sponsors tied to him.

[+] Enlarge
Fernando Leon/Getty ImagesMichael Richards' rant during a show at a comedy club in 2006 has upstaged his sitcom career.

The same goes for the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who didn't have a problem inserting himself in the conversation this summer when Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert went off on LeBron James after the King moved his throne to Miami. Jackson implied Gilbert's comments were laced with racist undertones. He even demanded a sit-down with the owner. I've yet to see Jackson insert himself into the Mayweather conversation or publicly request a similar meeting.

We know what Mayweather's comments said about him, but what does the muted response say about Sharpton, Jackson and the rest us? That it's different because it's boxing?

Maybe.

But the day Tiger Woods won the Masters in 1997, Fuzzy Zoeller took a lot of heat and lost sponsors for calling a then-21-year-old Woods "little boy" and urging him not to serve fried chicken and collard greens the following year. Zoeller's words are akin to Mayweather's about Pacquiao, who is Filipino. Now do you still think it's about boxing?

Mayweather's comments are as troublesome as Schlessingers', but he is being treated differently because he's black.

Period.

And if he were being treated honestly, black man or not, we would be hearing denunciations from Jackson, Sharpton and the NAACP. (The National Federation of Filipino American Associations provided a lead for them today.) I'm not playing devil's advocate; I'm advocating for equality -- but in the true sense of the word. Whites don't hold the patent on being racially insensitive, just as blacks are not the only group of people to be discriminated against in this country.

[+] Enlarge
Chris Cozzone/AFP/Getty ImagesManny Pacquiao, the target of Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s rant, probably would like to settle things in the ring.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5543201

For example, more than 250,000 Filipinos served in the United States military during World War II and were promised full veterans benefits for doing so. Yet in 1946, President Harry S. Truman, the same man who issued an executive order desegregating the military, signed the Recession Act, essentially reneging on that promise. No school benefits, no hospital benefits, nothing. Every president since Truman treated these brave soldiers like second-class citizens. It wasn't until last year when the country finally honored its commitment to the approximately 15,000 veterans who were still alive.

If we truly believe in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. that "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere," then it is only fair that the boxing world punish Mayweather. I understand he's the industry's cash cow. But this kind of hypocrisy only fertilizes racial tension while simultaneously lining the pockets of people who make their living manipulating that tension.

Mayweather should not be judged by the color of his skin, but by the content of his YouTube comments. If a half-hearted apology was not enough to spare Imus, Schlessinger, et al, then it shouldn't spare him.

And if it does, then what does that say about us?
[/font]

^^^^^^^^
Thank you for the information on the article.  For fun, I decided if I could easily look up the article on the ESPN page without clicking on the link you provided.  Ironically, I had to use your link because it is well hidden and it seems like ESPN is trying to hide it.

^^^^^^^^
Thank you for the information on the article.  For fun, I decided if I could easily look up the article on the ESPN page without clicking on the link you provided.  Ironically, I had to use your link because it is well hidden and it seems like ESPN is trying to hide it.

Good points in that article, but he really didn't say anything most of us already weren't aware of. Perfect comparison with the Zoeller / Tiger Woods situation, though. Every argument almost feels depleted at times; it's like you already know what everyone is going to say. The double-standard is so clear, it's risible to hear someone deny it.

Sharpton, Jackson, and the NAACP are all clowns; Jackson is just a flat-out racist.

Good points in that article, but he really didn't say anything most of us already weren't aware of. Perfect comparison with the Zoeller / Tiger Woods situation, though. Every argument almost feels depleted at times; it's like you already know what everyone is going to say. The double-standard is so clear, it's risible to hear someone deny it.

Sharpton, Jackson, and the NAACP are all clowns; Jackson is just a flat-out racist.

The author of that article should have attempted to reach Sharpton, Jackson, etc to obtain a quote on how they felt about Floyd's remarks. They don't just show up on CNN, MSNBC, or Good Morning America for their reactions to the incidents he spoke of by forcing their way on the set, they were sought out by those networks/programs and given that platform to speak on things. The author had the opportunity to provide a huge (ESPN) outlet for their opinions on the matter, but instead he injected their names into this assuming he new how they felt.
smh.gif

He mentions The National Federation of Filipino American Associations giving them(Al, Jessie n dem) a lead today but that's vague, and when I searched and read their statements they don't mention reaching out to anyone.

The author of that article should have attempted to reach Sharpton, Jackson, etc to obtain a quote on how they felt about Floyd's remarks. They don't just show up on CNN, MSNBC, or Good Morning America for their reactions to the incidents he spoke of by forcing their way on the set, they were sought out by those networks/programs and given that platform to speak on things. The author had the opportunity to provide a huge (ESPN) outlet for their opinions on the matter, but instead he injected their names into this assuming he new how they felt.
smh.gif

He mentions The National Federation of Filipino American Associations giving them(Al, Jessie n dem) a lead today but that's vague, and when I searched and read their statements they don't mention reaching out to anyone.

Originally Posted by acidicality

smh.gif
if Pac made those remarks the other way around, he'd be banned from boxing forever.
i really doubt that
Margarito committed the worst crime in boxing and his fighting in a couple months

smh.gif
if Pac made those remarks the other way around, he'd be banned from boxing forever.
i really doubt that
Margarito committed the worst crime in boxing and his fighting in a couple months

smh.gif
i really doubt that

But if he wasn't fighting Pacquiao what are the chances his fight would take place in the U.S.? Let alone for a world title.

smh.gif
i really doubt that

But if he wasn't fighting Pacquiao what are the chances his fight would take place in the U.S.? Let alone for a world title.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by dmxfury

This isn't just a major fight, this is THE fight for a sport that needs it. Simply has to be done and I'm beginning to doubt if it will occur

And didn't Pac agree to the tests? I know he didn't initially but I thought he came back and is now ok with it but Money is backing off. Please correct me if I'm wrong
Never publicly agreed. His camp just said we agreed to "terms" which can be interpreted differently
[h1]Manny Pacquiao agrees to 14-day blood-testing limit[/h1]
[table][tr][td]
_47835225_pacquiao_afpcredit466.jpg

Pacquiao has said that he would fight one more fight
[/td][/tr][/table]
Filipino star Manny Pacquiao has given the clearest indication yet that he is willing to compromise over Floyd Mayweather's drug-testing demands.

Pacquiao says he would now be willing to take a blood test 14 days ahead of any fight with his American rival.

"I have agreed to it, but they should not draw much blood," he said.

Negotiations for a bout between the pair fell through earlier this year when the unbeaten Mayweather insisted on Olympic-style random drug testing.

Five-weight world champion Pacquiao said: "They should only take what is necessary for the drug test."
[table][tr][td]
o.gif
[/td] [td]
606: DEBATE

Have your say on this story
[/td] [/tr][/table]
The 31-year-old, who previously said he does not like giving blood close to his fights, added: "14 days," when stating the time limit for blood to be taken before the fight.

In the run-up to their aborted March bout, Mayweather called for repeated blood testing up to the day of the fight. Pacquiao, who has never failed a doping test, wanted a 30-day cut-off.

Mayweather later said he agreed to a 14-day cut-off but that Pacquiao would not accept it.

Since then they have faced different opponents, with Mayweather beating Shane Mosley and Pacquiao defeating Joshua Clottey.

A fight between the pair, widely regarded and the two best pound-for-pound boxers in the world, would also likely be the richest in the sport's history, with Las Vegas or Dallas the likely venue.

"He [Mayweather] will no longer have a reason [not to fight]," added Pacquiao. "Let's see if that is really the reason."

Earlier this month, Pacquiao said he would have one last fight after securing a seat in the Philippine Congress by a huge margin.

His chief financial adviser Michael Konzc added that 6 November and 13 November had been set aside as potential dates for his next bout.

If it is not against Mayweather, Mexico's Antonio Margarito is his other likely opponent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/8698753.stm

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by dmxfury

This isn't just a major fight, this is THE fight for a sport that needs it. Simply has to be done and I'm beginning to doubt if it will occur

And didn't Pac agree to the tests? I know he didn't initially but I thought he came back and is now ok with it but Money is backing off. Please correct me if I'm wrong
Never publicly agreed. His camp just said we agreed to "terms" which can be interpreted differently
[h1]Manny Pacquiao agrees to 14-day blood-testing limit[/h1]
[table][tr][td]
_47835225_pacquiao_afpcredit466.jpg

Pacquiao has said that he would fight one more fight
[/td][/tr][/table]
Filipino star Manny Pacquiao has given the clearest indication yet that he is willing to compromise over Floyd Mayweather's drug-testing demands.

Pacquiao says he would now be willing to take a blood test 14 days ahead of any fight with his American rival.

"I have agreed to it, but they should not draw much blood," he said.

Negotiations for a bout between the pair fell through earlier this year when the unbeaten Mayweather insisted on Olympic-style random drug testing.

Five-weight world champion Pacquiao said: "They should only take what is necessary for the drug test."
[table][tr][td]
o.gif
[/td] [td]
606: DEBATE

Have your say on this story
[/td] [/tr][/table]
The 31-year-old, who previously said he does not like giving blood close to his fights, added: "14 days," when stating the time limit for blood to be taken before the fight.

In the run-up to their aborted March bout, Mayweather called for repeated blood testing up to the day of the fight. Pacquiao, who has never failed a doping test, wanted a 30-day cut-off.

Mayweather later said he agreed to a 14-day cut-off but that Pacquiao would not accept it.

Since then they have faced different opponents, with Mayweather beating Shane Mosley and Pacquiao defeating Joshua Clottey.

A fight between the pair, widely regarded and the two best pound-for-pound boxers in the world, would also likely be the richest in the sport's history, with Las Vegas or Dallas the likely venue.

"He [Mayweather] will no longer have a reason [not to fight]," added Pacquiao. "Let's see if that is really the reason."

Earlier this month, Pacquiao said he would have one last fight after securing a seat in the Philippine Congress by a huge margin.

His chief financial adviser Michael Konzc added that 6 November and 13 November had been set aside as potential dates for his next bout.

If it is not against Mayweather, Mexico's Antonio Margarito is his other likely opponent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/8698753.stm

Back
Top Bottom