Flying Bear Kills 2 People in Canada

Originally Posted by CWrite78

my nightmare is becoming real.

frown.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by bkdan1

Originally Posted by Benihana

How does a Pontiac Sunfire send a 300lb bear flying through the air though?

-The Juice
We can assume the Sunfire has a greater mass and was traveling faster than the bear. Using conservation of momentum, the result of an elastic collision between the two, along with point of impact (car hits bear at it's lower half of the body), would certainly send the bear flying.

R.I.P.
I've visibly seen with my own eyes seen a car smack a deer at 50mph on 2 separate occasions. Deer weigh around 200lb and never once have I seen the deer go flying. I'm not saying this bear situation didn't happen, but it seems odd to me, idk.

-The Juice

-The Juice
We can assume the Sunfire has a greater mass and was traveling faster than the bear. Using conservation of momentum, the result of an elastic collision between the two, along with point of impact (car hits bear at it's lower half of the body), would certainly send the bear flying.

R.I.P.
I've visibly seen with my own eyes seen a car smack a deer at 50mph on 2 separate occasions. Deer weigh around 200lb and never once have I seen the deer go flying. I'm not saying this bear situation didn't happen, but it seems odd to me, idk.

-The Juice

-The Juice

R.I.P.

-The Juice
Bro I hit a deer in a tiny '86 Toyota MR2 going about 35mph and the deer went FLYING

-The Juice

R.I.P.

-The Juice
Bro I hit a deer in a tiny '86 Toyota MR2 going about 35mph and the deer went FLYING

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Really? It must be how you hit it and if you break or not. The worse I've seen is a deer going onto the roof, but never flying into the next lane.

-The Juice

Really? It must be how you hit it and if you break or not. The worse I've seen is a deer going onto the roof, but never flying into the next lane.

-The Juice

What a weird way to go. In Germany, a truck going the opposite direction hit a deer into my dad on his motorcycle and it split in half across the front of it and he fell over and only broke his shoulder. Looking at this makes me realize how lucky he really was. It still seems hard to imagine the bear flying so fast it hit them and after crashing through the windshield, still had the velocity to kill them via impact. I thought maybe it would like be still alive and be startled and maul them out, as I was trying to imagine how this could have happened while waiting for it to load

What a weird way to go. In Germany, a truck going the opposite direction hit a deer into my dad on his motorcycle and it split in half across the front of it and he fell over and only broke his shoulder. Looking at this makes me realize how lucky he really was. It still seems hard to imagine the bear flying so fast it hit them and after crashing through the windshield, still had the velocity to kill them via impact. I thought maybe it would like be still alive and be startled and maul them out, as I was trying to imagine how this could have happened while waiting for it to load

-The Juice

Yea so many factors involved. I remember I didn't have any time to break because the deer literally jumped onto my windshield out of nowhere, feet weren't touching the ground so that could  have been another factor.

-The Juice

Yea so many factors involved. I remember I didn't have any time to break because the deer literally jumped onto my windshield out of nowhere, feet weren't touching the ground so that could  have been another factor.

Back
Top Bottom